CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Alignment and Make of Tire For 2005 Convertible (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/72149-alignment-make-tire-2005-convertible.html)

Bayukbros 07-28-2015 02:58 PM

Alignment and Make of Tire For 2005 Convertible

Hello,
Two questions: Is there an Toe adjustment on these vehicles ? My front end guy said that he cannot do a front alignment ?? I thought all vehicles would have a Toe adjustment .. This guy has been doing front ends for 100 years ..
Second; I am going to go with a Michelin Pilot Sport AS - 3 for all four ( rated at 45,000 miles ) ... These new tires will outlast me I'm sure .. the vehicle has now 14,801 miles .. and has the orig. factory tires still in place .. wanting to change do to the age not condition ... This is a 2005 Limited Roadster Conv. ( one in the same I guess ) .... What comments do you have on these two inquiries ? Thaanx

ala_xfire 07-28-2015 03:34 PM

Re: Alignment and Make of Tire For 2005 Convertible

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, there is a toe adjustment for both front and rear, and both are adjustable from the factory, no additional parts required.
Isn't the front toe done by the tie rod adjustments ?

The caster however is not adjustable without additional parts, neither front or rear.
I just installed adjustable rear caster links I assembled from Speedway.com parts for a total of $79.90 for both sides.

I had laser alignment done yesterday, front toe was L : 0.04, R: 0.31 ( after R: 0.17 and L: 0.17 )
Rear toe before R: 0.22, L: 0.13 ( after R: 0.28 and L: 0.29 )

Rear camber was L:-2.3, R: -2.0 ( after L: -1.1, R: -1.1 )

My left front caster is still off by 0.3 degrees, but the tech said he didn't think that warrantied getting an adjustable caster set for the front.

NOTE: credit member scifi for the part info.

Thornh 07-28-2015 03:39 PM

I have had a set of the AS-3's on my SRT6 for about 18 months and 12000 miles and am happy with them so far.

Bayukbros 07-28-2015 03:51 PM

Thanks ala_xfire for the information .. I thought so, as to the Toe adjustment ...
****** Anyone have comments on the selection of Tire ? Bayukbros

lovecross 07-29-2015 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bayukbros (Post 843405)
Thanks ala_xfire for the information .. I thought so, as to the Toe adjustment ...
****** Anyone have comments on the selection of Tire ? Bayukbros

You can get almost as many opinions on tires as you can on motor oil & filters LOL. You might look at Nitto Motivos, mentioned on the Forum. Long established Japanese Co. Had their Invo model, no complaints. Motivos are 60,000 mile rated and made in Georgia, sounds like a winning combination to me.