CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   vacuum pump (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/73443-vacuum-pump.html)

crossfiremaniac 01-14-2016 04:56 PM

vacuum pump

I found that my wire in the trunk went to the trunk light. Now this vacuum pump it does not work. I do not see any water stains on it. What powers this pump and how do I test this pump. I figured out my mystery wires on my own. I am hoping some one on this forum can help me with this pump issue. Is there some sort of diagnostic procedure for this pump? Can some one help me this time or am I on my own again?

onehundred80 01-14-2016 08:21 PM

Re: vacuum pump

Originally Posted by crossfiremaniac (Post 856836)
I found that my wire in the trunk went to the trunk light. Now this vacuum pump it does not work. I do not see any water stains on it. What powers this pump and how do I test this pump. I figured out my mystery wires on my own. I am hoping some one on this forum can help me with this pump issue. Is there some sort of diagnostic procedure for this pump? Can some one help me this time or am I on my own again?

If I remember correctly my post before you mentioned you had found where the wire went said that I thought it could be a wire for a light among other things, this was after you got upset with the response you had got.
The Service Manual lists a series of tests to do on the pump.
If you are to get any help I suggest you change the attitude a bit. No one is paid to help you, it is done by Crossfire owners to help fellow Crossfire owners with their problems. Your input with the wire problem gave incorrect wire colors and a blurry picture, hopefully it will be better this time, otherwise your best option will be to throw yourself on the tender mercy of a dealer.

Steve Jr 01-14-2016 09:55 PM

Aaaaaamen!

crossfiremaniac 01-14-2016 10:04 PM

Well I also own a Geo Metro convertible and am a member of the Geo Metro forum. I have to say that the people on that forum are much more helpful. I don't understand the problem of looking in your trunk and telling me the wire goes to the trunk light. Someone in the Metro forum would have done it that night and gotten back to me. I am new to this Crossfire but if I have to I can figure out most things myself in time. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in this forum. Not all that much help in the short time I have been on here. I hope this forum is as good as the Geo Metro forum but only time will tell. Sorry if the truth hurts but that has been my experience in the short time I have been on here.

Mrmiata 01-14-2016 11:22 PM

Yeah I feel really bad for not running out in 40 degree weather and tearing my car apart to help you out.. I'll try to do better for you next time. If only Velcro was used on all our panels!

onehundred80 01-14-2016 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by crossfiremaniac (Post 856856)
Well I also own a Geo Metro convertible and am a member of the Geo Metro forum. I have to say that the people on that forum are much more helpful. I don't understand the problem of looking in your trunk and telling me the wire goes to the trunk light. Someone in the Metro forum would have done it that night and gotten back to me. I am new to this Crossfire but if I have to I can figure out most things myself in time. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in this forum. Not all that much help in the short time I have been on here. I hope this forum is as good as the Geo Metro forum but only time will tell. Sorry if the truth hurts but that has been my experience in the short time I have been on here.

It may come as a surprise to you but most cars here have the carpet in place and would not have been able to see the wires anyway. You seem to have been able to annoy many people in just one thread. You used the word please to start with and that word is missing in many posts requesting help, after that you demanded answers and wanted them at once. I am sorry but if you want that kind of help you should ask your mother, unfortunately she is not a member here.

crossfiremaniac 01-14-2016 11:31 PM

I demanded nothing I asked for help. Sarcastic comments show ignorance. Sorry for you.

Mrmiata 01-14-2016 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by crossfiremaniac (Post 856862)
I demanded nothing I asked for help. Sarcastic comments show ignorance. Sorry for you.

You funny.. you just called one of the most versed in this car ignorant.. :p

Ignorance is displayed in the inability to help yourself.. there are service manuals for free here.

crossfiremaniac 01-14-2016 11:51 PM

The word is you're not you funny. I just find this forum not all it should be. Thanks to the ones who tried to help me. Still not a constructive comment on how to diagnose the problem with the vacuum pump not working. Where does that leave me and what should I say about that?

Mrmiata 01-15-2016 12:34 AM

The free help around here needs fired? We'll let you hire the new help..

I do believe there is "ask a mechanic" online.. your not happy with the answer they give you a refund right?

And since I know you'll be grateful .. I'll throw out the "your welcome" while I'm still up tonight..

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/car-me...31saAqwV8P8HAQ

ala_xfire 01-15-2016 05:46 AM

180 :

The Service Manual lists a series of tests to do on the pump.
you :

Still not a constructive comment on how to diagnose the problem with the vacuum pump not working.
So, this was not a constructive comment ?

Mrmiata 01-15-2016 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 856875)
180 :

you :

So, this was not a constructive comment ?

Don't try to confuse the tantrum with facts! :cool:

Fla_Xfire_SRT 01-18-2016 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata (Post 856863)
You funny.. you just called one of the most versed in this car ignorant.. :p

Ignorance is displayed in the inability to help yourself.. there are service manuals for free here.

I got it...The real Mr.miata was Japanese...don't you get it...you veddy funny amedican...Oh wait..that was Mr. Miagi

crossfiremaniac 01-18-2016 06:46 PM

Don't worry I'm done with this forum. I do not find people on here helpful or encouraging. I can find my way with this car on my own. I just love all your small minded derogatory comments. I will not post on this forum again. What a waste of my time. What a sad bunch shame on all of you.

Mrmiata 01-18-2016 06:56 PM

Feel better now?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...84a7796652.png

onehundred80 01-18-2016 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by crossfiremaniac (Post 857176)
Don't worry I'm done with this forum. I do not find people on here helpful or encouraging. I can find my way with this car on my own. I just love all your small minded derogatory comments. I will not post on this forum again. What a waste of my time. What a sad bunch shame on all of you.

I liked the drag racing Geos or whatever they were, lots of fun.
Are you MN Geo Maniac over there?

crazyfred 05-26-2016 07:28 PM

New Crossfire owner here. What is this vacuum pump you speak of and what is it 's function.

I appreciate all answers and thank everyone who replies. This is my first Crossfire and my mind is a sponge trying to soak up all the info on this site.

pizzaguy 05-26-2016 07:57 PM

Your door and trunk locks are pneumatic. The pump operates the locks - look for the yellow hoses....

(There is an additional electric trunk lock that activates only while the top is going up or down - many of us disable it, as it can cause the trunk to refuse to open at times - who the hell is going to open your trunk in the 24 seconds the top is moving anyway?)

crazyfred 05-26-2016 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 867261)
Your door and trunk locks are pneumatic. The pump operates the locks - look for the yellow hoses....

(There is an additional electric trunk lock that activates only while the top is going up or down - many of us disable it, as it can cause the trunk to refuse to open at times - who the hell is going to open your trunk in the 24 seconds the top is moving anyway?)

Didn't know that. Thanks for the come back.

djohn14296 05-27-2016 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by crossfiremaniac (Post 856856)

Geo Metro has a forum???? WOW.:D