CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Convertible trunk (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/74810-convertible-trunk.html)

Ben-Hur 07-19-2016 08:42 PM

Convertible trunk

Hi folk,

Someboby know what's the function of the huge rectangual storage in the bottom of the convertible trunk (RIGHT side under the flat cover) ?

pizzaguy 07-19-2016 08:52 PM

Re: Convertible trunk

Tool storage, in there I have:

A spare crank position sensor
Tire 'worm' plug kit
flat blade screwdriver
#2 phillips screwdriver
adjustable wrench
1/4" drive metric socket set
... a few "star" bits
spare bulbs (corner, headlight, tail/stop/turn)
Roll of Duct tape
Roll of electrical tape
wire strippers
wire crimpers
assortment of electrical lugs/terminals

It also serves as a "leak detector", if you find water in there, you know you are close to flooding the fender wells and seeing the end of your top module and security system module/lock pump. :)

Steve Jr 07-19-2016 11:25 PM

"Don't worry , I've got duct tape" :p

onehundred80 07-20-2016 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 870667)
Tool storage, in there I have:

A spare crank position sensor
Tire 'worm' plug kit
flat blade screwdriver
#2 phillips screwdriver
adjustable wrench
1/4" drive metric socket set
... a few "star" bits
spare bulbs (corner, headlight, tail/stop/turn)
Roll of Duct tape
Roll of electrical tape
wire strippers
wire crimpers
assortment of electrical lugs/terminals

It also serves as a "leak detector", if you find water in there, you know you are close to flooding the fender wells and seeing the end of your top module and security system module/lock pump. :)

Some use it to carry guns and ammo, here in Canada we carry booze and snow chains.

ala_xfire 07-20-2016 07:05 AM

Back when I got the car 5 years ago, I put a spare quart of Mobil1 0-40 in here, thinking I might need it while on the road.
It's still there, this MB engine uses NO oil between changes.

pizzaguy 07-20-2016 10:47 AM

If duct tape was good enough to save the APollo 13 three, it's good enough for me. :)

Steve Jr 07-20-2016 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 870690)
If duct tape was good enough to save the APollo 13 three, it's good enough for me. :)

"If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough!" :p

Ben-Hur 07-20-2016 05:47 PM

Hello guys... pretty funny to read you but I mean : does the hole was build there by chrysler for a specific application !

onehundred80 07-20-2016 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ben-Hur (Post 870713)
Hello guys... pretty funny to read you but I mean : does the hole was build there by chrysler for a specific application !

No particular use as far as I know.
The bottom of the trunk consists of two wells, the left side well is filled with the tire air pump, tire goo etc. all fitted in a foam block. The right hand well has the security pump in its foam case under another foam block, as the pump does not take up all the well space a pocket is formed in the main block thereby saving foam and providing a storage space.

GraphiteGhost 07-20-2016 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ben-Hur (Post 870713)

:) The specific application, was to save $ on Styrofoam (or whatever that thing is made of). Simple economics for a car company struggling with low quality and high prices. :)

Ben-Hur 09-18-2016 07:27 PM

I think it was a space for CD changer !

GraphiteGhost 09-18-2016 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ben-Hur (Post 874424)

;) If it was, it is a good thing not too many were equipped, given how many lower trunk cavities are flooding. ;)

onehundred80 09-18-2016 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ben-Hur (Post 874424)

You would be in error there, I had a CD changer and it did not fit in the coupe foam pocket as it stuck up a bit.

Goldwing 10-28-2016 03:00 PM

This is a fun game every few years when it re-surfaces. I always go with the bottle of Jack Daniels answer.