Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Adhesive for vertical seam on convertible top?

Old 05-30-2018, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Adhesive for vertical seam on convertible top?

I know that the 3M window adhesive will be successful because I've used it on other convertibles. I had a VW convertible that needed he glass glued back in. And that had some tension on the bond all the time. And the 3M is not really too expensive but I was curious if the E6000 was successful because so have some of this and the container size is more appropriate for the amount needed. So maybe I'll just fix it with the big 3M tube. I wish it came in a smaller size.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Adhesive for vertical seam on convertible top?

Originally Posted by Kurtp13
How is this holding up? I have the same issue on my top and would like to know what can be used. I just noticed it today, it is barely visible because the sections sit right where they are supposed to be.

More than 8 months later, it is holding up fine. After the initial repair, I played with it a couple of times to make it better. I used a razor blade to trim away some visible excess E6000, and forced a little more in between the two pieces of fabric. I also used more Goo Gone to clean up any visible traces of glue. It looks almost perfect. By the way, I run my car through an automatic car wash, and it has not been a problem.

I encourage people to try this method because E6000 and Goo Gone are so easy to work with.

Last edited by CharlieO; 05-30-2018 at 11:16 PM.