CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   '05 roadster clock going haywire (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/78961-05-roadster-clock-going-haywire.html)

dubboi7 09-16-2018 12:20 PM

'05 roadster clock going haywire

hi got in my car today(first time in few months) and as I'm driving I noticed the digit clock just keeps on counting forward really fast and will not stop or set ,,
anyone else have this problem? Is it the start of a lot of electrical problems ?
I have noticed over the last few years that there is a weird noise coming from the left side of the centre consul sounding like one of those old computers that click really fast when they were workin something out,,,very strange I just took no notice of it until now,,it probably unrelated I know but it makes me think.
so anyone have any ideas?
Thx in advance

onehundred80 09-16-2018 01:19 PM

Re: 05 roadster clock going haywire

Originally Posted by dubboi7 (Post 912222)
hi got in my car today(first time in few months) and as I'm driving I noticed the digit clock just keeps on counting forward really fast and will not stop or set ,,
anyone else have this problem? Is it the start of a lot of electrical problems ?
I have noticed over the last few years that there is a weird noise coming from the left side of the centre consul sounding like one of those old computers that click really fast when they were workin something out,,,very strange I just took no notice of it until now,,it probably unrelated I know but it makes me think.
so anyone have any ideas?
Thx in advance

The clicking could be the vacuum operated valve that operates the diverter for the AC/Heater. It is on the right in LH drive cars. It is under or behind the glove box, the valve is white.

dubboi7 09-16-2018 02:53 PM

No I don't think it is,it's on the left side of the centre consul/ transmission tunnel by the hand brake ...it def sounds like an old comp buzzing and clicking while it's working ,,,so was wondering if there is an ecu there anywhere,
its the clock that's the real mystery to me as it's only the first time iv seen it do it ...the clicking has been going on for yrs tbh

onehundred80 09-16-2018 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by dubboi7 (Post 912239)
No I don't think it is,it's on the left side of the centre consul/ transmission tunnel by the hand brake ...it def sounds like an old comp buzzing and clicking while it's working ,,,so was wondering if there is an ecu there anywhere,
its the clock that's the real mystery to me as it's only the first time iv seen it do it ...the clicking has been going on for yrs tbh

Read what I said again, LH drive versus RHdrive cars.
Maybe you are having so much fun with the car that time just flashes by, either that or you have a time machine.