Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Thinking of changing manual seat to electric / heated

Old 11-15-2018, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of changing manual seat to electric / heated

Hi everyone. I have a base 05 roadster which I love and have had very little trouble with, thankfuly and it has over 200,000 + miles as it is my commuter car. I would like to change the manual seats to electric / heated seats as I have to deal with colder weather. I have found a set but am wondering how involved the change over would be as I will be the one doing the change over myself. Any thoughts and or comments welcomed.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:32 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Thinking of changing manual seat to electric / heated

Personally I think the base seats are more comfortable and warmer in cold weather. Consider putting heat pads in your base seats if possible.

James

Old 11-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Yea, go put limited seats in your Base - and RUIN the car.

I had TWO limiteds (see my sigline) and now have an SE (which is a base with Red paint). The SE's base seats sit lower, (well they can be adjusted lower) and are WAY more comfortable.
I lived in Georiga, north Georiga for the years I owned those cars - it CAN get cold enough I used the heaters in the seats - but honestly, I"d never go back to Limited seats.

In fact, if I buy that SRT Roadster Im' thinking about, I'll put base seats in it as soon as I drive it home.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:07 AM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Pizza, I have to ask, what don’t you like about SRT seats?

Old 11-16-2018, 01:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the seats in my limited I don't know what you guys are talking about but I just might get rid of them because I want lighter sports seats. If I had to buy a crossfire all over again though I would buy a base from 04 to 05. Single stage airbag. Simpler electronics and lighter. The rear speakers in the limited are total junk. It was a waste of time to try to repair them.

Last edited by alexdc; 11-16-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by alexdc
I love the seats in my limited I don't know what you guys are talking about but I just might get rid of them because I want lighter sports seats. If I had to buy a crossfire all over again though I would buy a base from 04 to 05. Single stage airbag. Simpler electronics and lighter. The rear speakers in the limited are total junk. It was a waste of time to try to repair them.
Often the cheapest way to lose weight in the car is for the driver to go on a diet, it has many benefits.
Saving weight in these cars seems to be a waste of time and money, where are the benefits?

Old 11-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I have both an SE with the manual cloth seats and a Limited with high back leather. I really like and prefer the look, feel, and smell of leather, but when it comes to comfort the cloth seats win. From a practical standpoint the base seats give me more headroom which I need in these cars. I found with my Sebring convertible, with black leather seats, I needed seat covers in the hot summer as they become too hot in the sun if I leave the top down.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JSK
Pizza, I have to ask, what don’t you like about SRT seats?
The SRT seats may or may not be as bad as limited seats -but again, see Toolman's post - the Base seats sit lower and I have more headroom and better vision thru the windshield.

Also, the seats in the Base are simply more comfortable. In the base seats, you sit IN the seat, in the limited, you sit ON the seat.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Often the cheapest way to lose weight in the car is for the driver to go on a diet, it has many benefits.
Saving weight in these cars seems to be a waste of time and money, where are the benefits?
It isn't a "racecar" if you don't mention that you changed seats out for less weight.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:38 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
It isn't a "racecar" if you don't mention that you changed seats out for less weight.
Ha Ha!
Most of these race drivers are small little guys with big egos, being small is a benefit.
Saving weight on these cars is a waste of money, money is the best thing to save and then you can buy an SRT. Then you can put on a lot of pounds and still blow away the NAs and many other cars as well.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:39 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80

I'm sure the stock seats are extremely heavy. They seem like they are. The benefits is more bolstering.