Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

HELP NEEDED! Sensor adjustments and wiring for Convertbile top. Been in shop a month!

Old 02-21-2019, 08:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: HELP NEEDED! Sensor adjustments and wiring for Convertbile top. Been in shop a mo

Originally Posted by gapcrossfire
Update:
Well unfortunately, the Raise/lower 3 times advice didn't work and blinking light remains on. The shop has run out of ideas, so I have decided to pull the plug and take the car back unfixed. :-(

DualSportDad - I have family in Ft. Myers and can bring the car your way. Please Message me your information
MiamiMatt - I will text you about your upcoming trip out west

Thanks to everyone again!
-Greg
Message sent

Old 02-25-2019, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP NEEDED! Sensor adjustments and wiring for Convertbile top. Been in shop a mo

My wires were in the wrong place or the the 2 were switched so check wiring

Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAPPY DAYS! I finally got the top fixed! It turns out that with the help of DualSportDad and his diagnostic tool, the switches were mounted upside down on the newly rebuilt cylinders. Once he switched them back, refilled the fluid and took care of a few other adjustments, the blinking stopped and it works great! I was able to enjoy the weekend in the South Florida sunshine, cruising around top down. :-)

My final recommendations to anyone who has a top issue, start off working with someone who has the Diagnostic tool. It probably could've saved me a lot of money and it definitely would've saved me a lot of time!

Thank again for everyone who contributed. Especially MiamiMatt and DualSportDad. It's great to have an active community for such an amazing car!

Old 03-13-2019, 01:43 PM

I'm glad I was able to help. I do these hydraulics on a regular basis, esp this time of year. One set down this week and another coming in tomorrow. Enjoy that SRT-6 roadster, I'm a bit jealous and wish mine had that supercharger.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:48 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

When I take something apart I make sure I identify where parts were so that they go back where they came from. Marking both parts with tape and a number is pretty easy. Writing down the order of removal and storing the parts logically enables parts to be reassembled in the exact reverse order.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:50 AM

I agree about marking stuff. The lines for the cylinders are numbered from the factory and the sensors can be laid back in the orientation that they were in, actually they naturally last like that.

Picture from the set I removed yesterday.