CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Solution for metal roof section getting hot? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/79931-solution-metal-roof-section-getting-hot.html)

Scotto97 04-11-2019 04:09 PM

Solution for metal roof section getting hot?

Here in Vegas, the metal interior section of the roof where it connects to the windshield gets incredibly hot when parked outside for even a few minutes.

So much so that it can overtake the AC system's ability to cool the car during the hottest days.

Has anyone modified this area (Placing material between the cloth roof and this metal section perhaps) in an effort to mitigate this issue?

ala_xfire 04-11-2019 05:10 PM

Re: Solution for metal roof section getting hot?

ZERACER 04-11-2019 06:03 PM

That wouldn't work so good on a Roadster. I'm not even sure it would work at all !!!!

ala_xfire 04-11-2019 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER (Post 921708)
That wouldn't work so good on a Roadster. I'm not even sure it would work at all !!!!

Good point. Indoor parking then :)

GraphiteGhost 04-11-2019 10:58 PM

:confused: Maybe a car cover? That's all I got, wish you luck on this issue. :confused:

ambidextrous 04-12-2019 12:24 AM

Yes, a car cover, and place a chunk of styrofoam across the front of the top first!

JSK 04-12-2019 01:20 AM

I am in the Phoenix area and must admit I have never experienced this.

Scotto97 04-21-2019 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by JSK (Post 921739)
I am in the Phoenix area and must admit I have never experienced this.

Do you ever park your car outside during the day when shopping, dining, etc ?

It’s hard to believe the large black metal section of the top that’s right above your head wouldn’t be getting hot in that situation.

i did have my top replaced by a dealer right after the car was purchased due to a minor issue (It was under extended warranty)

So perhaps there’s some insulation between the soft top and that metal piece which was not installed?

Mine gets instantly hot when in the sun.

waldig 04-21-2019 08:36 PM

I added sound deadner to my roof and thus insulation in my write-up of the headliner replacement. I used it for the sound benefits but it helps the resistance to sun, Iam black in color, enjoy Woody

JSK 04-22-2019 01:57 AM

My wife and I replaced the top on the blue roadster and don’t recall any type of insulation in that area.