CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   OEM Parts (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/80094-oem-parts.html)

SuePIn 05-13-2019 11:57 AM

OEM Parts

I have a 2005 Roadster Convertible and the Chrysler dealer is telling me parts are very hard to comedy since the car is over 10 years old. IS anyone having a similar issue? I am in Connecticut. Thanks in advance!!

onehundred80 05-13-2019 12:21 PM

Re: OEM Parts

Originally Posted by SuePIn (Post 923052)
I have a 2005 Roadster Convertible and the Chrysler dealer is telling me parts are very hard to comedy since the car is over 10 years old. IS anyone having a similar issue? I am in Connecticut. Thanks in advance!!

He is talking about new parts, there are used parts available from scrapped cars and eBay. It really depends on what part you want, many parts are available from Mercedes. A lot of parts you buy from the Chrysler dealer come from Mercedes anyway so you might as well try to get parts direct from Mercedes if you can, the Chrysler dealer will mark the Mercedes price up.

mariontr 05-21-2019 12:11 PM

Well I'm looking for the screws that go on the driver's side lower dash console (2004 Crossfire Limited). Called Local Chrysler and they said the screws are no longer available. Call Benz and they indicated that only two screws hold up the console and gave me a part number of 000000 000522. I cannot see a full picture of the screw but will this fit all the other location on that lower dash console? Any thoughts?

onehundred80 05-21-2019 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by mariontr (Post 923405)
Well I'm looking for the screws that go on the driver's side lower dash console (2004 Crossfire Limited). Called Local Chrysler and they said the screws are no longer available. Call Benz and they indicated that only two screws hold up the console and gave me a part number of 000000 000522. I cannot see a full picture of the screw but will this fit all the other location on that lower dash console? Any thoughts?

This PDF has a photo of the panel and the screws that attach it. There are more than two. CLICK

mariontr 05-21-2019 10:39 PM

Thanks onehundred80, but that still begs the question would that part work on all 10 screws I counted in the pdf ?

ZERACER 05-24-2019 06:36 PM

Are you missing all of the screws? If not, you can probably match them up ay Home Depot. I do not believe they are anything special.

Shirl 08-09-2019 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by SuePIn (Post 923052)

I am having the same issue. I have a 2005 Limited and have been trying to have my computer fixed or reprogrammed. It has been in a shop for a year. Chrysler has no idea how to work on the crossfire as it has been in two different garages. If anyone on this forum has any suggestions it would be truly appreciated.

Scott M 08-09-2019 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shirl (Post 927662)
I am having the same issue. I have a 2005 Limited and have been trying to have my computer fixed or reprogrammed. It has been in a shop for a year. Chrysler has no idea how to work on the crossfire as it has been in two different garages. If anyone on this forum has any suggestions it would be truly appreciated.

Shirl, welcome to the forums. May I suggest you post this question in the "Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications" forum as a new post--it will get many more views and responses there. The first thing you will be told to do is get it out of that shop that's had it so long...obviously they don't know what they are doing. I'm sure the folks here on the forums will get your car running!

pizzaguy 08-09-2019 08:56 PM

The "computer" (I assume you mean ECM) rarely fails in these cars, it is very likely that those working on it are making things far harder than they really are, this is caused by ignorance of what they are working on.

Taking your Crossfire to a Chrysler dealer will not get the car running - that is a persistent fact of life on this forum. In fact, see my sigline.

lovecross 08-09-2019 11:46 PM

Ditto: pizzaguy; especially if Shirl meant 2 Chrysler dealers. A year...omg. Trying to even find a Chrysler dealer which has a Crossfire trained tech is like the old needle in a haystack & likely not worth the effort...much better to search for an independant shop specializing in German cars, Mercedes-Benz in particular, (but NOT M/B dealers).
More info about any symptoms, diagnostic codes found, repairs attempted, etc, are needed, for specific advice from the many experienced folks here.
There are just a few common "computer" (electronically related/module/relay) related failures, all of which are still possible to repair w/parts that are still available, (thru "Needswings" & other sources... many interchangeable w/Mercedes SLK 320). Good luck, don't give up.
(the Crossfire is a Mercedes-Benz, built for Chrysler when M-B was the "parent company", years ago.)

onehundred80 08-10-2019 10:09 AM

Explain your problems to us otherwise it is like telling your doctor you feel ill and give him no symptoms.
Get your car away from the dealer, they will charge and not solve your problem or offer you a very very low price for it.