CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   3pc Custom Fitted Luggage Bags for Chrysler Crossfire (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/85580-3pc-custom-fitted-luggage-bags-chrysler-crossfire.html)

WD40 01-15-2023 11:25 PM

3pc Custom Fitted Luggage Bags for Chrysler Crossfire

I'm not affiliated with this in any way but I notice it's never been mentioned on this forum. Now it has been! Take your own chances and decide for yourself if it's the right thing for you.

JSK 01-16-2023 12:10 AM

Re: 3pc Custom Fitted Luggage Bags for Chrysler Crossfire

The link doesn’t work for me.

WD40 01-16-2023 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by JSK (Post 975477)
The link doesn’t work for me.

Does it work now?

JSK 01-16-2023 12:19 AM

Yup. Thanks.

dedwards0323 01-16-2023 07:44 AM

Jeff - Don't know if the set is still available, but original vendor's website shows the set a little cheaper.

CLICK

WD40 01-16-2023 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323 (Post 975482)
Jeff - Don't know if the set is still available, but original vendor's website shows the set a little cheaper.

CLICK

That's a great link! I was more than a little skeptical until I saw a few of their Porsche & Mercedes bags which are more obviously "fitted" to a specific car's storage compartments.

dedwards0323 01-16-2023 10:21 AM

Yeah, that vendor has been around awhile selling luggage sets for various cars. Doesn't sell many Crossfire sets so he's been discounting the price 50% for quite some time.

DTMenace 01-16-2023 04:45 PM

I remember seeing that roadster luggage back in 2006 on EBAY, when the original Crossfire luggage was somewhat scarce at that time.
Just my 2 cents...
Dennis
DTMenace

WD40 01-16-2023 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DTMenace (Post 975506)
I remember seeing that roadster luggage back in 2006 on EBAY, when the original Crossfire luggage was somewhat scarce at that time.
Just my 2 cents...
Dennis
DTMenace

Was the original factory Crossfire luggage specific to the roadster, the coupe, or neither?

DTMenace 01-16-2023 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by WD40 (Post 975507)
Was the original factory Crossfire luggage specific to the roadster, the coupe, or neither?

WD40
The pictured aftermarket luggage is aesthetically a perfect fit for the roadster trunk space. The OEM luggage that Chrysler supplied (same for both the roadster and coupe) did not fit the roadster trunk as well as that aftermarket luggage pictured in this thread. This aftermarket luggage was probably purchaed by the 2nd or 3rd owner, since the original owner kept the luggage as a trophy.
Dennis
DTMenace

ZERACER 01-16-2023 05:58 PM

The aftermarket luggage was softer and more pliable.

UrbanE 01-17-2023 12:54 AM

The 3 after market bags shown in the trunk are poor quality and you can’t put a lot of stuff into them. Poor seam quality too

There are lots of other solutions that would work Better.

Mark Hampton 01-17-2023 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE (Post 975524)
The 3 after market bags shown in the trunk are poor quality and you can’t put a lot of stuff into them. Poor seam quality too

There are lots of other solutions that would work Better.

Guess I will find out for the team, I ordered them yesterday.

Wadsworth 01-17-2023 04:22 PM

I almost ordered. Please post your review Mark. Did you have a set of these UrbanE?

UrbanE 01-17-2023 04:39 PM

I have a set. Bought them several years ago prior to my acquisition of a set of OEM SRT luggage.
the image from the seller shows them neatly left to right. That configuration only works if
1) You keep the Roadster trunk divider up (don’t fold down the top)
or
2) You only fill them half way and pull the divider down over them
or
3) You use another “flat bag” under the divider and use 2 of these bags the the area that’s left

Don’t force the divider because it’s super easy to brake the trunk divider bracket

2 of the 3 bags separated at a side seam after 2-3 weeks of use
This was only my experience. I’m sure that others have a completely different take.

not sure how much they’re selling for now but if they’re inexpensive or on clear out it might be work getting
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...7f758a7a3.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...72ede1541.jpeg

Wadsworth 01-17-2023 07:08 PM

I think I will pass on these. Thanks for the review.

Mark Hampton 01-21-2023 10:33 PM

I got mine earlier in the week but I haven't had time to do a good review but I did take them out and look at them and they do appear to be decent quality and the material was better than most duffle bags that I use. They are on the small side but that's fine I guess I'm going to have to stuff it full of stuff and throw it in. Take pictures to show how well it fits but from what I can tell it should fit in the trunk space easily

Goldwing 01-24-2023 12:58 PM

I received an oem set when I bought my roadster new and have been using them for 18 years. The roller is a little scratched up, but still serviceable.

About a decade ago someone had bought out the remaining Chrysler stock of oem luggage. I swooped in and purchased two "n/a" and one SRT6 set. I still have them in oem boxes. Pisses my wife off, but I think they have held value pretty well. At one point I was seeing these go for upwards of $400/set. I might sell them someday.

Mark Hampton 01-27-2023 09:59 PM

1. Well I can say that they are made well and you can stuff them well!
    https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...435274695d.jpg
    Of course we stuffed the trunk to the max today.

WD40 01-27-2023 10:48 PM

I notice that the seller has raised his prices on both his direct link & the Amazon link! I wonder if he received other orders besides Mark's.