CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Top wont open/close - back wont raise high enough (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/86863-top-wont-open-close-back-wont-raise-high-enough.html)

AnalogRob 02-23-2024 11:22 AM

Top wont open/close - back wont raise high enough

I have an '07 roadster and the place I bought it from said they replaced the fabric top when they got it as it had a busted window and was ripped/cut. The top won't work electronically so I went out today to see if i could do the 'ol up and down reset and the rear part of the top wont raise high enough for the tonneau to open, there was barely enough room for me to get my hands in there with a wrench to unlock it. I'm guessing someone mucked something up but I'm at a loss as to where I should start.

My process so far:
ignition on
windows down
unlock d-ring
lift front a few inches to clear window
open trunk
hex key on the latch
put divider back and close trunk
lift bow (as far as I could)
get wrench on bolt and unlock tonneau
tonneau hits top and cant go any farther
rage
switch light is on solid, when pressed there is a beep.

Any help would be much appreciated

-Rob

ZERACER 02-23-2024 12:05 PM

Re: Top wont open/close - back wont raise high enough

Are you sure the bow is completely unlatched? A photo would help.

AnalogRob 02-23-2024 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER (Post 987299)
Are you sure the bow is completely unlatched? A photo would help.

Sure thing, it is fully out of teh latch from the trunk as I am able to get my arm under it. I have to go take care of some stuff but I'll get a pic when I get back. Until then, for a visual, the bow doesn't pass the headrest bars.

dcskmail 02-23-2024 02:27 PM

delete

pizzaguy 02-23-2024 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnalogRob (Post 987300)
Sure thing, it is fully out of teh latch from the trunk as I am able to get my arm under it. I have to go take care of some stuff but I'll get a pic when I get back. Until then, for a visual, the bow doesn't pass the headrest bars.

Just raise the bow by hand, if you encounter resistance that prevents this, you either are too afraid to PUSH it up, or the system has pressure on that cylinder - which It shouldn't.
To make SURE all pressure is GONE, pull fuses 5 and 6 from the underhood fuse box, this removes ALL power to the pump module, all solenoids will relax, and the valves from all cylinders to the tank will open.
Without power, there can be no pressure unless you have a frozen solenoid and in fourteen years here, I've never heard of that happening.

AnalogRob 02-23-2024 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 987303)
Just raise the bow by hand, if you encounter resistance that prevents this, you either are too afraid to PUSH it up, or the system has pressure on that cylinder - which It shouldn't.
To make SURE all pressure is GONE, pull fuses 5 and 6 from the underhood fuse box, this removes ALL power to the pump module, all solenoids will relax, and the valves from all cylinders to the tank will open.
Without power, there can be no pressure unless you have a frozen solenoid and in fourteen years here, I've never heard of that happening.

Followed these instructions and now the bow won't go up or down and the tonneau is stuck open. I can't move the top by hand at all and can't push the tonneau down to re-latch. Spoiler went up and won't retract.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...cc6c608c64.jpg
Before pulling fuses
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...f416f911e8.jpg

After pulling fuses

Update: had to get my wife to help me push down the back sections and now the d-ring doesn't lower the windows. Anyone near Columbus Ohio that wants to make a few bucks? lol.

pizzaguy 02-23-2024 08:59 PM

Eric Hyden is in New Carlisyle and Cliff Wolfork lives near him. They run a part-time Crossfire fixin' enterprise on the weekends. If you are on Fakebook, you can message them directly.
I will call their attention to this thread.

xfClifford 02-23-2024 09:03 PM

Hello, I’m Clifford, the part time crossfire enthusiast/nut job based out of Dayton, OH. My buddy Eric and I work on these things during our weekends and can try to help you get the top back into working shape. If you have Facebook, message me, names “XF Clifford”.

or, send me a PM here and we can exchange phone numbers.

thanks!

AnalogRob 02-23-2024 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by xfClifford (Post 987316)
Hello, I’m Clifford, the part time crossfire enthusiast/nut job based out of Dayton, OH. My buddy Eric and I work on these things during our weekends and can try to help you get the top back into working shape. If you have Facebook, message me, names “XF Clifford”.

or, send me a PM here and we can exchange phone numbers.

thanks!

Will do, thanks!