CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Dead SRT6 Control Module (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/12328-dead-srt6-control-module.html)

roncosrt6 09-30-2006 12:35 PM

Dead SRT6 Control Module

Left work, keyless entry didn't work. Open door with key, alarm went off. Tried to start car, it kicked over but shut itself off. Tried other keyless, nothing. Had to have it towed to dealer. Dealer's computer wouldn't interact. They said one of 3 engine control modules bad. They don't know which one. Will update when final work complete...

Coyote 10-01-2006 02:16 PM

Re: Dead SRT6 Control Module

Originally Posted by roncosrt6
Left work, keyless entry didn't work. Open door with key, alarm went off. Tried to start car, it kicked over but shut itself off. Tried other keyless, nothing. Had to have it towed to dealer. Dealer's computer wouldn't interact. They said one of 3 engine control modules bad. They don't know which one. Will update when final work complete...

Did the battery in your key fob die and lose it's settings? One would think
that the other key would be able to cancel the effect. This leaves me
feeling a bit worried.

Coyote

roncosrt6 10-02-2006 12:41 AM

Key fob batteries fine. Dealer said I should have been able to open
locked door with key and started car. This is a first for them.
Modules arrive Monday 10/2/06 from Cali. Will update.
I hope this isn't a two week ordeal. I'm already going through
withdrawals.

roncosrt6 10-03-2006 11:56 PM

Got car back. They wanted to dismantle dash to get to a module behind fire wall. Said no way. They hooked up DRB and was unable to communicate to screen module. Removed steering wheel and cluster to get to screen module. They remove module cleaned connectors and applied dielectric grease and hooked it back up. Reprogrammed screen module.
Started up runs great. Just put in K&N filters. I swear it feels appreciable fast. Must be in my mind...

ichon 10-04-2006 09:17 AM

Not just in your mind...the K&N Filters show a marketable difference in acceleration and gas mileage.

roncosrt6 10-04-2006 04:51 PM

The initial exercise of changing filters a hassle. First side took about 30 minutes, including engine cover. Just figuring things out. Second side about 15 minutes.
Anyway - Thank you for the K&N confirmation. I'm not hallucinating.

LadyXFire 01-14-2017 12:55 AM

SAme scenario as you mentioned above happened to me this year 2 days ago, except I was heading to work & my Key would not unlock my car. I have the 2005 convertible Crossfire limited, my extended warranty does not want to cover the screen module. The screen module is the only thing that was replaced and reprogrammed in order to start your Crossfire again? Thanks for your input, I have mine seating at the shop.

Originally Posted by roncosrt6 (Post 97976)
Got car back. They wanted to dismantle dash to get to a module behind fire wall. Said no way. They hooked up DRB and was unable to communicate to screen module. Removed steering wheel and cluster to get to screen module. They remove module cleaned connectors and applied dielectric grease and hooked it back up. Reprogrammed screen module.
Started up runs great. Just put in K&N filters. I swear it feels appreciable fast. Must be in my mind...

LadyXFire 01-14-2017 01:05 AM

Did you had to change the screen module as well? So is it recommended to change this filters how often, my car is consuming a lot of gas other than the screen module that needs to be changed :/

Originally Posted by ichon (Post 97996)
Not just in your mind...the K&N Filters show a marketable difference in acceleration and gas mileage.

onehundred80 01-14-2017 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by LadyXFire (Post 880306)
Did you had to change the screen module as well? So is it recommended to change this filters how often, my car is consuming a lot of gas other than the screen module that needs to be changed :/

This is an eight year old thread.Start a new one.

pizzaguy 01-14-2017 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by LadyXFire (Post 880305)
SAme scenario as you mentioned above happened to me this year 2 days ago, except I was heading to work & my Key would not unlock my car. I have the 2005 convertible Crossfire limited, my extended warranty does not want to cover the screen module. The screen module is the only thing that was replaced and reprogrammed in order to start your Crossfire again? Thanks for your input, I have mine seating at the shop.

A key not unlocking the car does NOT mean the SKREEM is bad, it COULD be bad, but I'd put the key in the door and unlock it manually and then see if the key starts the car, and go from there.

To unlock the car, the battery-operated transmitter in the key fob sends a signal to the SKREEM which then gets on the CAN but to tell the security module/pump to unlock the doors.

To start the car, the skreem communicates with the RFID chip in the key fob to verify it is a legitimate key.

There are two devices in the fob, if the transmitter or it's battery is bad, the car won't unlock, but the RFID chip will still start the car once the key is inserted in the ignition and the RF ring activates the RFID.