Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

ESP: sensivity, wheelspin, senors, ECU

Old 05-19-2017, 07:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ESP: sensivity, wheelspin, senors, ECU

Hi,
it seems that the ESP is removing serious power from the drivetrain when accelerating hard enough (with some additional midrange power).
I would like to know if there is a possibilty to reduce the sensivity of the ESP?
Is the ESP only acitvated by the ABS sensors? Is the ESP also activated by the torque limiter (ECU)?
I am running new Goodyear Eagle Asymetric 3 UHP tires since about two weeks (after swichting from semi slicks) and the traction light flashes up to about 100 mph.
Yellow flashes look funny but i rather would like to add the power to the wheels and not to the ECU.
SLK32 though.
Wavetrack diff doesn`t help much either.

Steven

Berlin Germany

Old 05-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: ESP: sensivity, wheelspin, senors, ECU

Wheelspin at that speed what mods you have wow

Old 05-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to dyno mod

Old 05-21-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by blackpepper
Wheelspin at that speed what mods you have wow
65mm pulley, coolling mods, 3" exhaust, air intake, modded crossconnected manifolds and some pretty lightweight wheels and tires ( oz superleggera / goodyear eagle asymetric 3) basic tune, external fuel pressure regulator, sprint booster etc.

the traction problem began after installing a wavetrac and exhaust mods. It sounds like a nice problem but it isn`t.

I may need to go to bigger rear tire size or back to semi slicks.

Today i removed some pressure from the tires but same problem. I had a hard run today from aprx 60 - 120 and the traction light was even flashing up to 110 mph - unbelievable i know.

The car ist fast but not that fast. I mean there must be something wrong. Either i got a bad bach of tires or maybe i have a problem with the wavetrack or sensors? I don`t know. But the car really feels faster with the wavetrack, no doubt. Midrange is fantastic, engine is runnig very smooth with the mods and fantastic idle (like a diesel) after crossconnecting the manis (and only max boost 13 psi). , waiting for my 165 mm crankshaft pulley to come and install and some other secret mods :-).

Steven

Berlin Germany

Last edited by No2fast; 05-21-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Morphh
Go to dyno mod
How? I guess you are kidding. It`s just a function for the dyno and nothing for a daily summer driver.

Steven

Berlin Germany

Old 05-30-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morphh
Go to dyno mod
I'm not sure, but I think Morph might be referring to an ABS disconnect procedure, which I has been mentioned here. It's sort of an "ESP thing".
Morph can correct me if I'm wrong.

Alternatively, see here for a copy of the same thread for the pre face lift 4cyl. 2.3L Supercharged SLK230. I've never confirmed it possible on our cousin SLK32/SRT6 platforms.
Hope that helps.

Keen to hear report back on any findings if attempted.

FWIW - I have the wavetrac + 65mm + SL55 intake in my SLK32 and haven't noted any traction issues apart from wheel spin issues at launch ;>) - as long as ESP is off. It's been so long since I've driven hard with ESP on that I cant even comment on what happens when it is on. I seem to recall (way back when) some power issues (SC disengage?) in unison with a flashing ESP light due to slip....hence why when I choose to drive hard (incl. all launches), its always off.

PS - I have a 178 crank still to go on which will add interest.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by No2fast
65mm pulley, coolling mods, 3" exhaust, air intake, modded crossconnected manifolds and some pretty lightweight wheels and tires ( oz superleggera / goodyear eagle asymetric 3) basic tune, external fuel pressure regulator, sprint booster etc.

the traction problem began after installing a wavetrac and exhaust mods. It sounds like a nice problem but it isn`t.

I may need to go to bigger rear tire size or back to semi slicks.

Today i removed some pressure from the tires but same problem. I had a hard run today from aprx 60 - 120 and the traction light was even flashing up to 110 mph - unbelievable i know.

The car ist fast but not that fast. I mean there must be something wrong. Either i got a bad bach of tires or maybe i have a problem with the wavetrack or sensors? I don`t know. But the car really feels faster with the wavetrack, no doubt. Midrange is fantastic, engine is runnig very smooth with the mods and fantastic idle (like a diesel) after crossconnecting the manis (and only max boost 13 psi). , waiting for my 165 mm crankshaft pulley to come and install and some other secret mods :-).

Steven

Berlin Germany
There are no secret mods! Anything that you've done has already been done before. There are some really smart guys on here, many of them have been modding cars for many years. Or do you just mean that you haven't told anyone about them?

Old 05-31-2017, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a solution on these forums to the ESP that I only remember in a foggy manner: unplug a fuse that controls the Yaw sensor. With the Yaw sensor off, the car doesn't use ESP.

Edit: here is some more info from the forums
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-question.html

Last edited by TheThomaswastaken; 05-31-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
There are no secret mods! Anything that you've done has already been done before. There are some really smart guys on here, many of them have been modding cars for many years. Or do you just mean that you haven't told anyone about them?
True. I found a lot of information about the common mods from the crossfire forum. And it helped me a lot. For example I have seen your exhaust mods and I did my exhaust in a similar way.

And yes, i have some secret mods you haven`t seen before but mostly cooling mods because the engine has to stay cool on the german autobahn as well.

Btw mods: i received a couple of 165mm CNC crankshaft pulley profiles. Will test a stacked 165/65 setup on my car next weeks and offer some additonial 165mm pulleys very soon (mostly for the german community). The cnc programm is writen so far so it may be possible to build any size crankshaft pulley from 165-170 mm sooner or later from an aftermarket 320 crankshaft pulley (and not he expensive 32/srt6 )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 05-31-2017, 05:06 PM

@thethomaswastaken+b22b: thanks i have seen these mods before. I am thinking of a simple "power switch solution" on/off wired to the esp fuse. Not sure if any codes are stored when deactivating the esp.

Steven

Berlin Germany

Old 05-31-2017, 06:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone didn't bother to slip off the stock crank pulley to get the right profile on the inside bore. I know because I pressed one off before and you're missing a shallow V-groove inside. I did the math on this, you want a 162 crank with a 65 SC pulley.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by No2fast
True. I found a lot of information about the common mods from the crossfire forum. And it helped me a lot. For example I have seen your exhaust mods and I did my exhaust in a similar way.

And yes, i have some secret mods you haven`t seen before but mostly cooling mods because the engine has to stay cool on the german autobahn as well.

Btw mods: i received a couple of 165mm CNC crankshaft pulley profiles. Will test a stacked 165/65 setup on my car next weeks and offer some additonial 165mm pulleys very soon (mostly for the german community). The cnc programm is writen so far so it may be possible to build any size crankshaft pulley from 165-170 mm sooner or later from an aftermarket 320 crankshaft pulley (and not he expensive 32/srt6 )
I think it's cool people are still trying new things. Good luck, keep us posted.