CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Nobody wants to race me! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/17496-nobody-wants-race-me.html)

ws6vert 08-22-2007 06:20 PM

Nobody wants to race me!

I wish I could find a bunch of cars to race. Some other guy on here says everybody wants to race him! Maybe I should drive my car daily and hunt'em down!

RPM 08-22-2007 06:28 PM

Re: Nobody wants to race me!

Originally Posted by ws6vert
I wish I could find a bunch of cars to race. Some other guy on here says everybody wants to race him! Maybe I should drive my car daily and hunt'em down!

Same here. 'Course, I don't drive mine.
I think only 2 people have stepped up so far:
1. An Accord V6, :rolleyes: like my daily driver, but with enormous mufflers, etc. I think I pressed the go pedal halfway down and embarrassed him enough that he left me alone.
2. A '72 Chevelle, with I would guess a built 350. Nice looking ride w/a serious rumble. Huge tach on the dash etc. I wore him out.

I'm going to try and drive mine every day for the next couple of weeks though, maybe I'll see some action.

Chi-Town SRT/6 08-22-2007 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Same here. 'Course, I don't drive mine.
I think only 2 people have stepped up so far:
1. An Accord V6, :rolleyes: like my daily driver, but with enormous mufflers, etc. I think I pressed the go pedal halfway down and embarrassed him enough that he left me alone.
2. A '72 Chevelle, with I would guess a built 350. Nice looking ride w/a serious rumble. Huge tach on the dash etc. I wore him out.

I'm going to try and drive mine every day for the next couple of weeks though, maybe I'll see some action.

What's the scoop on these dual K&N's? Air filter and what else? Any difference felt with the k/n air filter?

RPM 08-22-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chi-Town SRT/6
Whats the scoop on these dual K&N's? Air filter and what else? Any difference felt with the k/n air filter?

Dual K&Ns = replaced AMG air filters with K&N air filters (Crossfires use 2 air filters).
I put them in right after I bought it, not sure if there is more oomph or not. I just like them and put them in every car I own, always have.

We're all waiting on NeedsWings' SRT6 intake with a 132% increase in flow.

ws6vert 08-22-2007 06:59 PM

Well with you living in Mich. it's probably cooler up there. Today here in GA it's 101 with a heat index of 106. I like to drive mine only when the top can come down. Can't wait for cooler weather. Gonna hunt me some Rustang's and Goats. Maybe even a Honda or two with a Folgers can for a muffler. :D

Chi-Town SRT/6 08-22-2007 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Dual K&Ns = replaced AMG air filters with K&N air filters (Crossfires use 2 air filters).
I put them in right after I bought it, not sure if there is more oomph or not. I just like them and put them in every car I own, always have.

We're all waiting on NeedsWings' SRT6 intake with a 132% increase in flow.

132%? how the hell did he figure that out?

RPM 08-22-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chi-Town SRT/6
132%? how the hell did he figure that out?

Dunno. He has his own business/mod shop. He is well known in the SRT4 community.
Feel free to ask him yourself.

*Thread Un-hijacked.

Mr. F 08-22-2007 07:55 PM

no one wants to race me, either. must be the wing. :D

some kid in a beat to **** old Benz tried taking off on me once...a very weak attempt. i had to embarrass him anyways.

Coyote 08-22-2007 08:33 PM

Up on the North side of Metro Atlanta, I've had few who've found themselves
with a funny look on their faces after a quick go. I've pulled against BMW M3,
Porsche 911 (old and new models) a Porsche GT2, several Mustangs, a vette
and a GTO (6.1 ltr). The vette and the Porsche GT2 pulled away, but the
rest fell behind or at best held on a 1/2 length back (GTO). I've not run
against a Turbo 911 (if you don't count the GT2), but the 997 model Carrera
S was in the can. Still hunting... but only on fairly empty roads...

Coyote :rolleyes:

Mr. F 08-22-2007 08:45 PM

i forgot about the dumb blonde in the Boxster last summer. wasn't even a turbo.

apkano 08-22-2007 11:56 PM

Maybe even a Honda or two with a Folgers can for a muffler. :D

Plenty of those up here!

NeverEnough 08-23-2007 12:32 AM

I had an Automatic Lancer with no hub caps, fake HIDs and a coffee can flex on me tonight! Does that Count? 1/4 throttle was enough to pull away (Didn't want to waste any gas on him). The funny thing was I had my windows down and I couldn't even hear my car running... Stealth Attack!

Can't get a good race, but the wannabe ricers are always prime...

vetofunk 08-23-2007 10:08 AM

If you want more people to race you, I would de-badge the car. Most racers look for the SRT-6 badges. Many don't know the difference between the Crossfire and the SRT-6.

But I agree with racing, I bought it hoping I would race a lot, like I did with my 350z, but I think I may have raced once!...that's it. It probably didn't help that I moved way out in the far west burbs.

NeverEnough 08-23-2007 11:33 AM

MEH, I'm gonna try the opposite approach. As soon as SRT SIX starts shipping his SRT-6 SuperCharged 3.2L emblems, they are going on both fenders...

Maybe then I'll get a few more "opportunities" at the bigger fish in the sea...

ws6vert 08-23-2007 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by vetofunk
If you want more people to race you, I would de-badge the car. Most racers look for the SRT-6 badges. Many don't know the difference between the Crossfire and the SRT-6.

But I agree with racing, I bought it hoping I would race a lot, like I did with my 350z, but I think I may have raced once!...that's it. It probably didn't help that I moved way out in the far west burbs.

The last race I had was a 350Z. It was ugly. The guy actually picked on me. It was no contest. He wouldn't even look over at me afterwards.

vetofunk 08-23-2007 02:06 PM

Yep...a 350z doesn't have a chance. I think since they talk a lot of **** about the Crossfire, they can take an srt-6...but unless they are turbo'd, they will get own'd.

Brent 08-23-2007 11:02 PM

Don't know about you guys but I'm absolutely paranoid about racing and getting caught, so I don't race. Just don't know how you guys do it, guess mine are made of styrofoam instead of brass.

I'm surprised by the shear number of racing stories on the web. I'm simply amazed at all the different auto forums they originate from. Mercedes, Volvo, Chevy, Corvette, Viper, Ricer, Truck, Bimmer, Charger, 350Z - you can read all about the latest kill on everyone of them. I sort of expect this on a ricer forum but can read the exact same thing on an SLK forum (though with much better punctuation and spelling). And the ages involved. According to the experts it's the under twenty something's that are racing. Based on the forums it's twenty something's up to "I need a walker to get to my car" group. It's surprising the media hasn't picked up on this more and start trumpeting the racing epidemic on the nightly news.

Not making any judgments here - only expressing my position.

Cyril Baldwin 08-25-2007 10:53 AM

I was at Hastings the other night with my 2006 Roush Stage 3 Mustang when some young high school punks waited on me at the parking lot wanting to race me with their Mach 1. I told them it's not gonna be a fair race 'cause they'll be smoked big time and I don't wanna race them at this time the fact that it's the end of the month and cops are just everywhere!

Last night, I was at the gas station with my SRT-6 when I saw the same punks again hanging out at the gas station lot with their Mach 1. I tried the " TEASE " by revving up my engine and passing them twice waiting for them to take my challenge to race with them. But they won't even dare look at me or my XFIREX! All I can see from their faces is just a sense of wonder " what kind is this car " and " how fast do you think is this? "

Gwetoe 08-25-2007 11:01 AM

Yes...hunt him down. Then give him the look...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...500/Deeds1.jpg

ws6vert 08-25-2007 11:12 AM

that's the look I always use!