CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Aluminum Intake Manifolds for srt6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/19961-aluminum-intake-manifolds-srt6.html)

NeedsWings 11-27-2007 01:40 PM

Aluminum Intake Manifolds for srt6

i don't want to spill all the beans yet on these (as someone may try and home-depot one using our r&d) btu these are just about done, the bolt on the top wil be replaced with something better looking but i wanted to ask what you guys would like to see on the top blow off plate for the manifolds, we could leave them flat with recessed screws or have soemthing engraved on them.

srt6?
3.2L AMG?
(will have to verify with lawyer first about copywrite infringement)

give me some ideas please, or we could just cut grooves in the top to give it a ribbed look. we have acess to waterjet/cnc/laser so limited by imagination basically.

crossbowme 11-27-2007 01:46 PM

Re: Aluminum Intake Manifolds for srt6

What kind of HP gains do you anticipate? (My wife will kill me if I buy any more speed parts!).

NeedsWings 11-27-2007 01:49 PM

up in the air still, sorry.

NeverEnough 11-27-2007 02:55 PM

If it will all fit and look proportional, I think the Factory Script S R T 6, tuned by NeedsWings, would be cool. Kinda like this.

S R T 6

Tuned by

NeedWings

msheredy 11-27-2007 03:39 PM

Oh man Rob, those look trick!!! I'm a graphic designer by profession. If you would like give me the dimensions of that top panel and I can come up with some ideas. Also if you could forward your logo in a vector format such as an Adobe Illustrator document I could use that as well.

Do you think it would be possible to add some intercooler cores to that design? Renntech offers a setup for the E55 and supposedly they are far superior to the OEM design under the blower. See my gallery by following these links

Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3

I tend to think your name should be the focus since this is your design. Take for example Edlebrock. Their name is always the logo used on their products.

Sidez 11-27-2007 04:57 PM

write anything just not "SRT6"

AMG
NeedsWings

whatever.. just not chrysler or anything chrysler related as this engine has nothing to do with chrysler..

SRT6 Gang Member 11-27-2007 05:13 PM

Keep it simple...Needswings (like on the CAI)...gets my vote. Then someone can design a badge that reads, Powered by MB but tuned by Needswings or something along those lines.

jonnyangel04 11-27-2007 06:05 PM

awsome I vote for tuned by Needwings or Needswings development but we need something like 3.2 supercharged or why not just say chrysler for once instead of AMG or SRT6 they look hot can't wait to see the gains. I forgot to add recessed and engraved or RAISED.

Sidez 11-27-2007 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
awsome I vote for tuned by Needwings or Needswings development but we need something like 3.2 supercharged or why not just say chrysler for once instead of AMG or SRT6 they look hot can't wait to see the gains. I forgot to add recessed and engraved or RAISED.

because it has nothing to do with chrysler why give them credit where it is not due...

even pagani does not write pagani on their engines as they and their purchasers know that they have done nothing for the engine thus do not deserve the credit or their brand tag on it..

SRT6_Roadster 11-27-2007 06:38 PM

I prefer either a blank or finned top.

MD SRT6 11-27-2007 06:43 PM

other than cosmetic what gains if any do you expect to see?

RPM 11-27-2007 06:48 PM

Wow. I'm cool with whatever. I think you should put NeedsWings on there somewhere (give credit where credit is due). Maybe 'SRT6 by AMG' or something. Or just plain is OK with me. As long as they are good for increased power.

NeverEnough 11-27-2007 07:55 PM

On second thought, the NeedsWings logo Raised up like the CAI would be good for continuity.

jonnyangel04 11-27-2007 08:01 PM

I agree about Chrysler but AMG is a little much and I am not a fan of the needwings raised emblem on the intake If I ever bought one I would probably cut it off just my 2 cents. BUT i would enjoy engraved or raised needs wings development or Needswings design. I will defiantly purchase a pair but I want to know the reason behind the blow off top and also what improvement we will get besides cosmetic.

Brent 11-27-2007 09:06 PM

A grooved/ribbed pattern that matched the hood with a NeedWings emblem would make me happy.

NeedsWings 11-27-2007 09:19 PM

thank you for the ideas thus far, keep them coming and i'll see hwo many votes we get.

as for why this part exists...
it is definitely for function and not for cosmetics, the function we have figured out already, sorry i cant spill the beans on that yet but i'll say that it is using much larger mandrel bent tubing, larger plenum / runners and should dissapate heat better. basically we are working inward on the srt6 and opening up bottlenecks.

JHM2K 11-27-2007 09:30 PM

^^^ I like this guy... :D

msheredy 11-27-2007 10:20 PM

Regardless of what is put on top I am really interested on the performance of these. I am really happy to see the aftermarket start growing with these cars.

jonnyangel04 11-28-2007 02:56 AM

+1 I like where your heads at lol can't wait... :p will we still be able to run the spacers with these?

ShawnQ 11-28-2007 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
+1 I like where your heads at lol can't wait... :p will we still be able to run the spacers with these?

Do a search!!!
Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Looks awesome Rob! I'm sure whatever design you come up with will be just fine as long as it makes a difference where it matters.

I really don't mind the look of the SRT-6 that is on the stock covers. And although I would never put Chrysler on there, the SRT6 is kind of catchy IMHO.

Finned would look cool as well.

SQ