CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   My SRT-6 Crossfire Rides Really Rough (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/22333-my-srt-6-crossfire-rides-really-rough.html)

truecarolinablue51 03-03-2008 01:51 PM

My SRT-6 Crossfire Rides Really Rough

What is the deal? My car rides so rough! I drove it to Chapel Hill yesterday (45 miles) and the car rode like a rollercoaster on rails. It only has 25K miles. Is there a recall or has anyone has this repaired under warranty?

SRT6nTulsa 03-03-2008 01:58 PM

Re: My SRT-6 Crossfire Rides Really Rough

Originally Posted by truecarolinablue51
What is the deal? My car rides so rough! I drove it to Chapel Hill yesterday (45 miles) and the car rode like a rollercoaster on rails. It only has 25K miles. Is there a recall or has anyone has this repaired under warranty?

It truly does drive and handle like it's on rails. I LOVE IT! That's a good thing for performance-minded drivers. A cushy ride = poor handling. I'm not quite sure what else you could expect out of a small performance car.

If you were driving on a segmented road, the short wheel base combined with the stiff low speed compression of the bilstein shocks may have made it rock alot.

BrianBrave 03-03-2008 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by truecarolinablue51

myyy SSSRRRTTT rrriiidddeeesss aaass smmmooottthhh aaasss aaah cccaaadddilllaccc!!!

ws6vert 03-03-2008 02:26 PM

Maybe he should buy a caddy. :D

redlinedrummer 03-03-2008 02:30 PM

Your not kidding about the CAdillac and a smooth ride...The new Cadillac CTS i Test drove was the smoothest most quiet ride I have ever been in...Thinking about getting one for the Wife!!! You bought the wrong car if you wanted a smooth ride my friend...

mrphotoman 03-03-2008 02:42 PM

the srt6 is a sports car, what did you expect? I would hope it does not ride like a grandpa car/couch on wheels. You can get 17" wheels and get tires with a taller sidewall and that will make a big difference.

Sidez 03-03-2008 04:53 PM

if it really begins to bother you.. you always have the option of compromising the peformance by switching to the springs and shocks of an N/A Crossfire.. this will make the ride MUCH more smoother, but also less performing.. some SRT-6 owners have done this and never looked back

truecarolinablue51 03-03-2008 06:08 PM

What I'm saying is that my car seems to be riding rougher now. It rode a lot better than this at one time. It just doesn't ride the same now. I know this is a sports car.

redlinedrummer 03-03-2008 06:44 PM

Sounds to me like your tires are out of balance or a piece of one of your tires is missing...

SRT6 Dan 03-04-2008 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by redlinedrummer
Sounds to me like your tires are out of balance or a piece of one of your tires is missing...

possibly out of balance or bent wheels or old michelins !

InfernoRedXfire 03-04-2008 11:39 AM

Maybe you need new tires. New and good rubber can make a BIG difference.