CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Fixed wing base plate (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/23163-fixed-wing-base-plate.html)

amick6534 03-31-2008 07:04 PM

Fixed wing base plate

Hello! The question that I have is, Is the base plate that holds the wing on the SRT the same size as the wing on the motorized non-srt. I am getting ready to purchase the base plate that is on the srt version and want to make sure it is the same size before I order one to convert my motorized to a fixed wing. Thanks!

fiberboats 05-07-2008 03:36 AM

Re: Fixed wing base plate

Wow Micheal
Looks great awsome wheels
Was installing wing expensive?

apkano 05-07-2008 03:43 AM

Remember to find a way to disable the signal sent to the computer about the position of the wing. You might find yourself in "limp-in " mode.

amick6534 05-07-2008 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by fiberboats
Wow Micheal
Looks great awsome wheels
Was installing wing expensive?

The wing was $450.00 used, the base plate was $600.00 from mopar and the painting of both pieces was $250.00. So I have $1,300 invested. I love the look of it. Thanks! for the compliments. :cool:

amick6534 05-07-2008 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by apkano
Remember to find a way to disable the signal sent to the computer about the position of the wing. You might find yourself in "limp-in " mode.

Thanks! No problems as of yet, but I'm going to local Chrysler Dealer to see what they can do.

fiberboats 05-07-2008 07:11 AM

Thanks for info.
gonna look into it over next winter gonna bling it up major

RMADERMAN 05-07-2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by amick6534
Hello! The question that I have is, Is the base plate that holds the wing on the SRT the same size as the wing on the motorized non-srt. I am getting ready to purchase the base plate that is on the srt version and want to make sure it is the same size before I order one to convert my motorized to a fixed wing. Thanks!

If you are looking to buy a base plate, call Tamimi Chrysler in Miami. When they replaced my wing they accidentally ordered the base plate. THis a month ago. Ask for Shaun the svc manage and tell him I give you his name.

Randy

fiberboats 05-07-2008 03:25 PM

Thanks for the info Randy

MD SRT6 05-07-2008 05:05 PM

Now that is a pretty car, if they had that color on the srt, that's the color I would have chosen. Thanks for sharing, and the wing looks good too.:D

Illegal Machine 05-07-2008 05:18 PM

I do understand that the wing on the SRT makes it look TONS better, but I'm not sure that's worth the trouble/money it appears to have taken.

Aside from that, the red is FANTASTIC on these cars. So is the white. If my Crossfire is ever in some "near totaled" type of accident, the car is being painted white.

maxxm 05-07-2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
Aside from that, the red is FANTASTIC on these cars. So is the white. If my Crossfire is ever in some "near totaled" type of accident, the car is being painted white.

Ditto. For DCX to not offer those two "popping" colors with the SRT was a crime. Of course that attitude was hardly unexpected given the lousy way that the company treats our orphans in every other respect too. :(