Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Painting my gauge POD

Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Painting my gauge POD

I wanted to make my gauge pod fit into the scheme of the crossfire interior. To do this I painted both pillars the same color to tie into the color of the dash.

I mixed black and white paint to get the best grey I could and found that I needed to add about 25% dark brown to get the correct match. After I got the paint right, I painted the pod and pillar and when dry I coated the parts with satin polyurethane paint to provide a stronger and durable surface. The overall effect came out good, but the real deal was trying to get the surface finish to follow the factory dash pattern/texture. I tried splatter paint and several other base coats, but found that a sandblasted surface looked best when painted.

The photos give you a feel for the final effect and hopefully gives you a few thoughts on how you may wanna do your install.

Enjoy, Woody

THe fuses were connected by soldering the fuses lead to the wires. THis seemed good at the time, but I have found that the soldering though more secure is probably overkill. You can place the leads of the wire into the body of the fuse by lifting the plastic body near the tabs with a sharp object and sliding the wire up into the fuse body. Dont stab your hand doing this, if done carefully you will tap into the fuse block easily and without damage to the car, wiring...

BTW the fuses are mounted verically and numbered from top to bottom, and left to right. Top left is one; and bottom right is numbered 10, TAAAA DAAAA

Old 11-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Painting my gauge POD

Woody, once again you prove to be one of the great innavators of this site. I had a discussion about the interior/dash paint color just here recently. Thanks for the heads up.