CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Pics of my NEW Setup!! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/32929-pics-my-new-setup.html)

BDJ's Racing 03-23-2009 10:50 AM

Pics of my NEW Setup!!

10 Attachment(s)
Well I have been working on my car for over a week straight and finally finished most of my new ideas!! It is a first for our cars if I am not mistaken!! I still have a couple of more ideas I will be working on in the next month or so.....

LMK what everybody thinks. No I did not dyno it, I didnt have time before the Texas2K9 event this weekend. I will say I raced about 40 cars and 2 bikes in (mexico) and only lost 2 times!!

Here are some pics of the setup, and I will post some pics of the event if people want me too, but lmk where I should post those....

Thanks Brian

BDJ's Racing 03-23-2009 10:54 AM

Re: Pics of my NEW Setup!!

10 Attachment(s)
Btw, the cars that I raced were all 400whp to 820whp cars!! I am gettin one of the videos of a 720whp supra I had some fun with ;)

I am sure everybody is going to try to copy my setup, so just remember who did it first!! I will be doing these mods for customers, I just need some numbers, track times, and prices.....

tom2112 03-23-2009 11:36 AM

Nice work! I love the Y-pipe, I'm betting that will produce some decent numbers all by itself.

I am wondering what you're going to do with the sensor that went in the original Y-pipe, though.

And one thing to consider if you're going to make these for customers:
Make the angle of upper arms of the Y-pipe adjustable or flexible. That way you can match them up perfectly with your intake manifolds regardless of what size spaces you use. This would also allow the use of spacers between the engine and the bottom of the intercooler.

Jeff Cobb 03-23-2009 11:42 AM

Looks awesome, Brian!

BDJ's Racing 03-23-2009 11:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Totally forgot to post those pics!! Check these out!!

Bulldogger 03-23-2009 12:19 PM

Definitely an A+ for innovation. I think it is safe to say you have illiminated any possible air restrictions:p I'm sure Sheldon will be you first customer if that isn't his supercharger already next to yours.

BLKFIN 03-23-2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
Definitely an A+ for innovation. I think it is safe to say you have illiminated any possible air restrictions:p I'm sure Sheldon will be you first customer if that isn't his supercharger already next to yours.

I know you nailed it. 240M3SRT has been way to quiet the past few weeks for that not to be his.

Brian,

The stuff looks great! Keep it up~

BDJ's Racing 03-23-2009 12:42 PM

And one thing to consider if you're going to make these for customers:
Make the angle of upper arms of the Y-pipe adjustable or flexible. That way you can match them up perfectly with your intake manifolds regardless of what size spaces you use. This would also allow the use of spacers between the engine and the bottom of the intercooler.[/quote]

Well that is a great idea, but not really a realistic idea, imo. I build everything accordingly to the customers parts and needs. The spacers are such a great part to run I dont know why anybody would not run them. Plus I build everything to fit perfect with no real adjustments, because they should not be necessary. Hope that all came out all right. lol

BDJ's Racing 03-23-2009 12:46 PM

Thanks guys! You are correct, we have been fondaling Sheltons supercharger while keeping my car running so we can get some ideas on what to do. These are permanent modds, and will not be able to be turned back stock (for the most part) It took 2 samples to get it right, now we are on the right track. I am hooking a boost gauge up, and air fuel to see what pulley I need to buy, and get LET to send me a new tune:)

I will say this thing sure pulls good, especially on the big end!! I am also playing with my NOS system too. I want to be well into the 10's on street tires!!

msheredy 03-23-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by BDJ's Racing
Totally forgot to post those pics!! Check these out!!

Ahhh I was wondering where your AIT and MAP sensors were going to live. Truly nice fabrication there! That throttle body adapter is really trick!

tighed1 03-23-2009 01:12 PM

Very nice work!
Great ideas!

MikeR 03-23-2009 03:19 PM

Brian,
You guys should have called me. I have two BRAND NEW SLK32/C32 line pipes sitting in the garage. They dont have the funny mounting for the throttle body that requires that big gasket.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...line_pipe1.jpg

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...line_pipe2.jpg

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...line_pipe4.jpg

How about I send you two and you send one back modified?:D

MikeR

BlUEMDsrt6 03-23-2009 04:13 PM

Very interesting, way to think out of the box.

240M3SRT 03-23-2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
Very interesting, way to think out of the box.

Nice pics Brian, i know your excited from handing out so many *** whoopings at tx2k9!

You might consider giving me credit for some of the ideas, just a thought.

TVT_DESIGN 03-23-2009 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BDJ's Racing
Btw, the cars that I raced were all 400whp to 820whp cars!! I am gettin one of the videos of a 720whp supra I had some fun with ;)

I am sure everybody is going to try to copy my setup, so just remember who did it first!! I will be doing these mods for customers, I just need some numbers, track times, and prices.....

Sick set up.

I would be first in line to order something like this, but I reall want to wait for the BDJ's Racing STYLE SC Intake set up to come out. Originals are great, but who can resist a knock off, LOL.

If you were only a little closer to NJ, I'd have a few E55s to throw your way.

Bulldogger 03-23-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Nice pics Brian, i know your excited from handing out so many *** whoopings at tx2k9!

You might consider giving me credit for some of the ideas, just a thought.

Don't start whining:p just make him do your car for free. It will be very interesting to see the results. They are definitely unique ideas, though cutting the end off the intercooler kind of turned my stomach.J/K

MikeR 03-23-2009 06:46 PM

Yeah.. I think I would pass on that part too...I'm not that brave.... maybe Brian???:rolleyes:

MikeR

XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX 03-23-2009 06:56 PM

Very, very, very nice dude..

jonnyangel04 03-23-2009 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX
Very, very, very nice dude..

FREAKING AWESOME.... In the words of Jesse James "Anyone one can copy anything I've already come up with." "Just remember I was the first"

Patiently waiting for Numbers

Squirrel Crusher 03-23-2009 07:28 PM

BDJ's Racing to a new level... Squirrel Crusher