CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Is aero blue SRT6 ragtop XFIRE1 on here? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/33683-aero-blue-srt6-ragtop-xfire1-here.html)

aussiedude 04-21-2009 12:28 AM

Is aero blue SRT6 ragtop XFIRE1 on here?

Saw this car today (Brisbane,Australia), and noticed it's SRT6 fender badges were UNDER the side strakes! is this normal on the '06s that came with them? I have an '06 that didn't, and I bought some and put them ABOVE the strakes. did I make a boo boo?

lacerdaschoon 04-21-2009 01:17 AM

Re: Is aero blue SRT6 ragtop XFIRE1 on here?

What colour was this SRT? I had a limited follow me to a parking lot last nite, had a chat with him turned out he has a SRT6 as well in black. He was around sunnybank area and doesnt use the forum. Went on to say he had a problem with the IC pump and the dealer charged him 2k. I told him thats well above the cost price and questioned his warranty?! Seemed well out of the loop, young big guy around our age.

aussiedude 04-21-2009 01:22 AM

nope aero blue.
incidentally, I should be getting my replacement pulley tomorrow,dyno on thurs.

nox1s 04-21-2009 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Saw this car today (Brisbane,Australia), and noticed it's SRT6 fender badges were UNDER the side strakes! is this normal on the '06s that came with them? I have an '06 that didn't, and I bought some and put them ABOVE the strakes. did I make a boo boo?

It's a mix. It seems like true (and who knows what that means) 06 SRT did have them above the stakes, and they also have different SRT fonts on their instrument gauge and seats..

but, some 06 didn't..

weird, if you ask me.

aussiedude 04-21-2009 03:49 AM

yea, the Australian ones, as far as we can can tell, were badged as '05s. though the vin says 06 and the seat/instrument font are italicised.
that's how mine is.

Montana Crossfire 04-21-2009 12:09 PM

I am sorry but I feel putting those un goddly signs on the side, top or bottom is a, as you put it BooBoo.
If you are going to move them to below think about removing them all together. Just my opinion but if they added anything The designer of this beautiful little car would have put them there. Or at least somewhere on it.
Just a thought ;)

aussiedude 04-21-2009 05:32 PM

...except that some of the '06 models DID have the badges, which is how they exist as an OEM part. Mine is an '06, and I prefer that look...think it matches the altered font on the interior.