CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Anyone Recognize This SRT? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/39076-anyone-recognize-srt.html)

Marine05 11-19-2009 10:42 AM

Anyone Recognize This SRT?

Does anyone recognize this SRT? It is for sale and the price is very low. The ad reads "Low mileage, Looks & runs great, No accidents, Non-smoker, Very clean interior, Well maintained". If it is not legit, I just want to alert the owner that their pictures are being used.

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.240x170.jpg

MikeR 11-19-2009 10:46 AM

Re: Anyone Recognize This SRT?

I believe that that is BLKFIN's car and that he IS selling it. :( Aren't those some great wheels?:D

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ded-stock.html

downwardspiral 11-19-2009 10:46 AM

Good call. I thought it was a scam

ZAHANMA 11-19-2009 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Marine05
Does anyone recognize this SRT? It is for sale and the price is very low. The ad reads "Low mileage, Looks & runs great, No accidents, Non-smoker, Very clean interior, Well maintained". If it is not legit, I just want to alert the owner that their pictures are being used.

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.240x170.jpg

That is definitely BLFKIN's car, recognize it from the DPE wheels. I don't know if he was trying to sell it and I don't think he would be selling for an bnormally low price.

EDIT: Somehow in the same 30second timespan, 3 people respond...weird.

MikeR 11-19-2009 10:49 AM

See the link I added to my earlier response..... if he sells the after market stuff separately, the car may be lower priced....:(

///SilverSaphRT6 11-19-2009 11:30 AM

Yep BLKFIN's....go for it!

Marine05 11-19-2009 11:36 AM

[quote=ZAHANMA]That is definitely BLFKIN's car, recognize it from the DPE wheels. I don't know if he was trying to sell it and I don't think he would be selling for an bnormally low price.

I am going to PM him, because although he is selling his car, the listing is on AutoTrader in Houston and he is in DFW area.. The Phone # provided is disconnected and the price is $12,499. Even with the goodies off, this is well below book value.

InfernoRedXfire 11-19-2009 11:39 AM

Where did you see it and for what price? He's had it in Autotrader for $21,900 @ 17,600 miles.

Marine05 11-19-2009 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Where did you see it and for what price? He's had it in Autotrader for $21,900 @ 17,600 miles.

On AutoTrader. I put in a search for Crossfires within 25 miles of zip 77379 and it popped up for $12,499. Here is the link:

Cars for Sale: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible in HOUSTON , TX 77008: Convertible Details - 270656312 - AutoTrader.com

mrphotoman 11-19-2009 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Marine05
On AutoTrader. I put in a search for Crossfires within 25 miles of zip 77379 and it popped up for $12,499. Here is the link:

Cars for Sale: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible in HOUSTON , TX 77008: Convertible Details - 270656312 - AutoTrader.com

it sounds like a scammer snagged his photos and made their own ad

InfernoRedXfire 11-19-2009 12:23 PM

Yep, that's scam. BLKFIN is in McKinney, TX 75069. He turned down an offer for $16k.

bmorgan 11-19-2009 12:31 PM

And the AutoTrader add says 2005 Crossfire Convertible. Now, I am not saying that BlkFin is the smartest guy around, but I think he knows the differnece between a coupe and a convertible. haha!:D

mikenewb 11-19-2009 03:06 PM

Man! I was on the way to the bank if that was real! That would have been a no brainer purchase there!

BLKFIN 11-19-2009 03:50 PM

Yep...it is a scam..I will look into it and alert the autotrader that they stole my pics~

BLKFIN 11-19-2009 03:58 PM

Autotrader is pulling the ad down...I turned down and $18K offer the other day. I also re installed a code 3 pulley back on the car too....I am not planing on running the ad again, I am keeping this thing unless someone offeres me $21K and I do not see that happening!!!:rolleyes: The SRT6 has become my daily driver!!!

MikeR 11-19-2009 04:30 PM

BLKFIN...sorry you couldnt get what you wanted for the car...but glad you are keeping it.
I was thinking about selling the SSB, and doing the same as you. Put a price on it and if is sells, great, if not I would just keep it. With this market and economy there is no sense in my trying right now. So I will just enjoy driving hem both!!:D

Thirteendog 11-19-2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Autotrader is pulling the ad down...I turned down and $18K offer the other day. I also re installed a code 3 pulley back on the car too....I am not planing on running the ad again, I am keeping this thing unless someone offeres me $21K and I do not see that happening!!!:rolleyes: The SRT6 has become my daily driver!!!

I love the wheels, can I ask how much? Also are they 18's & 19's or are they the same size all around?

BLKFIN 11-19-2009 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I love the wheels, can I ask how much? Also are they 18's & 19's or are they the same size all around?

Thanks bud, they are 19x8 and 20x10. Two piece forged from aircraft aluminum. You can have a set built for $4K and 8weeks. They are a work of art in person….even the inside lip is polished! Custom fit for the SRT6, I did all the measuring and they can build a set for you with no issues and no spacers needed.

Kurts 11-19-2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
BLKFIN...sorry you couldnt get what you wanted for the car...but glad you are keeping it.
I was thinking about selling the SSB, and doing the same as you. Put a price on it and if is sells, great, if not I would just keep it. With this market and economy there is no sense in my trying right now. So I will just enjoy driving hem both!!:D

Mike, that's EXACTLY what I did with what is now my wife's '04. Tried for nearly a year to sell it, had one interested party but he ended up in the hospital & had to bail. I couldn't get even 11.5 for the car so to heck with it.
The car is worth more to my wife in smiles & there's nothing wrong in owning 2 Crossfires!!!

InfernoRedXfire 11-19-2009 08:20 PM

The value of these cars is our dirty little secret. ;)