CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Lower Back Pain (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/44361-lower-back-pain.html)

smokey847 08-04-2010 05:30 PM

Lower Back Pain

The past couple times I've been to Nashville and back (about an hour and a half round trip), I've always come home with a major lower back pain from driving my Crossfire. I'm 18 years old and don't exactly have a history of back issues :eek: Haha. I know the Crossfire isn't a traveller's car but does anyone else have this happen?

oledoc2u 08-04-2010 05:36 PM

Re: Lower Back Pain

Originally Posted by smokey847
The past couple times I've been to Nashville and back (about an hour and a half round trip), I've always come home with a major lower back pain from driving my Crossfire. I'm 18 years old and don't exactly have a history of back issues :eek: Haha. I know the Crossfire isn't a traveller's car but does anyone else have this happen?

take your wallet or anything else out of your back pockets for a starter...ole' truckers like me will tell ya that is the very first thing to do...
next is your driving style...do you **** a leg up, or set straight, both feet on the floor?
finally, make sure you aren't tilting too far back as too put pressure behind the knee on the lower thigh...
I have now surpassed 3 million miles in trucks, and half that in patrol cars...so you learn to be comfortable...lol

I wasn't using a bad word above or at least I thought I wasn't.....LOL.....fill in the blank with KOCK without the "C""

tighed1 08-04-2010 06:02 PM

+ 1 on the wallet thingy! OUCH!
If you leave your wallet in your back pocket it won't be too long before you get a reminder.
A real PITA!

smokey847 08-04-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
take your wallet or anything else out of your back pockets for a starter...ole' truckers like me will tell ya that is the very first thing to do...
next is your driving style...do you **** a leg up, or set straight, both feet on the floor?
finally, make sure you aren't tilting too far back as too put pressure behind the knee on the lower thigh...
I have now surpassed 3 million miles in trucks, and half that in patrol cars...so you learn to be comfortable...lol

I wasn't using a bad word above or at least I thought I wasn't.....LOL.....fill in the blank with KOCK without the "C""

That's exactly it -- I'll remove my wallet next time. And yes, I do "KOCK" my left leg up. Haha. Silly me.;)

32krazy! 08-07-2010 03:22 PM

heres a really inexpensive way to get more lumbar support
Universal Inflatable In Seat Lumbar Air Bladder
theres a thread were a m/b member removed the seat cover and slipped this inside and reinstalled the cover. but it would work on the outside too.
were do you hail from? myself and jhm2k and 13dog all from the middle tn area and cruise to cars and coffee every month. you should stop by!!

Grumps 08-07-2010 05:38 PM

Try a front pocket wallet. I had the same problem with the hips and back before I purchased one. The only problem is you'll be required to get rid of some family pictures because they only have room for about three credit cards, personal papers and cash.

gryfan 08-07-2010 07:02 PM

i find that i have pain in my right hip after a long drive.i can't seem to get my right leg comfortable.an x-fire is not a comfortable car to drive long distances. no matter ......colorado 2011 here i come!;)
gryfan
Southern Ontario Crossfire Owners

pizzaguy 08-07-2010 07:11 PM

I put my wallet in the storage bin and use a small pillow to support my back when driving. Made it from GA to MI and back this spring with no pain!

I DO have leg pain at times from sitting in the car, van or truck and from sitting at work. Started seeing a chriopracter 3 weeks ago and I'm almost pain free! ;)

So, support that back and you should be fine - oh, and I started seeing a chriopracter as early as age 26 - so I AM one who can have pain, but the XF is still a good and fun car for me to drive.

Buggin 08-07-2010 07:57 PM

These seats have poor lumbar support. I drive 400mi to South FL at least once a month. I started bringing a small pillow to stuff behind me... helps a lot. When I fix my seat heaters, I am going to add some support.

Mike-in-Orange 08-08-2010 01:38 PM

I carry a thin wallet in my front pocket. My legs are essentially straight when driving ( a little bend of course, but I don't keep one knee up ) although I will shift positions a bit from time to time. That said, the lumbar support in these cars is non existent. My PT Cruiser has a terrific adjustable lumbar support and I feel great after driving that car even after a 9 hour drive. The Crossfire will kill my back in 45 minutes.

I've also got a small lumbar pillow that I use when driving, even if I just take the car to work one day. I had one of those inflatable lumbar supports that 32krazy! mentioned in my old Miata and kick myself for not thinking to keep it when I got the Crossfire. Oh well. Worse things have happened in my life!

32krazy! 08-08-2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
I carry a thin wallet in my front pocket. My legs are essentially straight when driving ( a little bend of course, but I don't keep one knee up ) although I will shift positions a bit from time to time. That said, the lumbar support in these cars is non existent. My PT Cruiser has a terrific adjustable lumbar support and I feel great after driving that car even after a 9 hour drive. The Crossfire will kill my back in 45 minutes.

I've also got a small lumbar pillow that I use when driving, even if I just take the car to work one day. I had one of those inflatable lumbar supports that 32krazy! mentioned in my old Miata and kick myself for not thinking to keep it when I got the Crossfire. Oh well. Worse things have happened in my life!

just click on the link mike! then visions of your old ride will dance in your head for a mere 25$

oledoc2u 08-08-2010 02:15 PM

it rides pretty well if you are short and fat like me....lol...just sayin'

dinasrt 08-08-2010 07:24 PM

Since I installed my dead pedal, it has forced me to adjust the seat up a little closer so that my foot rests flat on it. As before, I always kept the seat all the way back. This adjustment alone seems to have helped with lower back fatigue. Between my wife(seat almost full forward) and I (all the way back to get in,and then move forward to drive) our power driver seat gets a hell of a workout! Bob

SRT SIX 08-08-2010 09:39 PM

The wallet in the back pocket will do it every time.

I actually sit a little more upright than most and that helps.

I was concerned how I would feel after driving from SoCal to St Louis last June for CAA, but found the seats were actually quite comfortable if adjusted properly.

One thing that can really help is the cruise control. It allows you to adjust your legs while driving long stretches on the highway. In fact I use the cruise all the time. I found it really helps to keep you driving at "legal" speeds. This car likes to GO, without the cruise on, I always have to keep checking my speed.

My last speeding ticket was nearly 20 years ago. I knew the bike cop sat there with his radar, but did a bit of day dreaming and was 8 over (45) and he got me. Here it is 20 years later and the bike cop is still there, but I just waive at him as I go by now with the cruise engaged.

Montana Crossfire 08-09-2010 03:22 PM

I can't agree with your statement that the Crossfire isn't a travelers car. I have BEEN IN so many CARS that pailed in comparison to your term non-travelers car.
Mike

carpen04 08-15-2010 08:47 PM

hahaha HEY BRANDON! i would thought you knew about taking your wallet out of your pocket..my best advice well take in account i live in thecountry ofmaryland so alot ofnice straight roads..Just drive fast as possible and slow when you see cops..think about it as a race, your racing to get there before your pain starts..i hope this helps..safe travels and wear seatbelt

andyd 08-16-2010 01:37 PM

Try using an Elise as a daily driver and you'll know the meaning of pain!!

SRT-6 seats seem a little better as the suede holds you in place better and you don't slide out of position so much!
Regards, Andy.

David57 10-06-2016 05:56 PM

The replies made me laugh so much. The wallet is a killer for sure, wallet right rear, iPhone front left and key bunch front right all removed if going over five miles. The wallet gets forgotten at my peril, 30 mins of wallet buttock and I'm done. That's an out the car walk round kind of done. At 300 miles though I would like a lumbar adjuster. I try not to do more than two tanks in one day 650 to 800 miles.

ala_xfire 10-06-2016 08:05 PM

I use an office chair gel seat cushion if I'm driving far.
Without it, I'm good for about 100 miles, with it I can do 400 ( a tank of gas )

Rpaczan 10-07-2016 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by David57 (Post 875510)
The replies made me laugh so much. The wallet is a killer for sure, wallet right rear, iPhone front left and key bunch front right all removed if going over five miles. The wallet gets forgotten at my peril, 30 mins of wallet buttock and I'm done. That's an out the car walk round kind of done. At 300 miles though I would like a lumbar adjuster. I try not to do more than two tanks in one day 650 to 800 miles.

Sounds like you suffer from George Costanza Wallet syndrome too. Cured myself temporarily with a new wallet and nothing but a license in it. Maybe Crossfire store will come out with a Crossfire logo'd man purse to hold wallet, phone, keys.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...882f0833e.jpeg