Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

door lock problem

Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door lock problem

We bought our SRT-6 from Carmax about 5 weeks ago and the last 4 weeks its been at Helfman River Oaks Chrysler. When we bought it there were a few things wrong with it such as....A leaking transmisson seal, sometimes it wouldn't accelerate when you floor it and here's the main problem. When we took the car in both doors locked and unlocked with the remote but the drivers door would not lock if you pushed the central locking button on the dash. The dealership ordered parts and replaced the air pump and some other TSB. Now the drivers side locks and unlocks great. Turns out there was a short somewhere near the headlight. Only problem is NOW they can't get the passanger side to unlock. There is good vaccuum and there is eletricity but the lock won't unlock! Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for any and all free advice!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: door lock problem

Originally Posted by johnnyb
We bought our SRT-6 from Carmax about 5 weeks ago and the last 4 weeks its been at Helfman River Oaks Chrysler. When we bought it there were a few things wrong with it such as....A leaking transmisson seal, sometimes it wouldn't accelerate when you floor it and here's the main problem. When we took the car in both doors locked and unlocked with the remote but the drivers door would not lock if you pushed the central locking button on the dash. The dealership ordered parts and replaced the air pump and some other TSB. Now the drivers side locks and unlocks great. Turns out there was a short somewhere near the headlight. Only problem is NOW they can't get the passanger side to unlock. There is good vaccuum and there is eletricity but the lock won't unlock! Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for any and all free advice!!!
It uses vacuum to open(?) and air pressure to shut(?) or the reverse, so you need vacuum and air pressure in the same line. Do you have both?
The electricity only goes to the pump in the trunk.

The first picture shows the air/vacuum lines (yellow) leaving the pump area going to the doors, hatch and gas cap door.
The second picture shows the line going to the lock in the door, passenger door shown but the other is the same.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-16-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 PM

There is good vaccuum and there is eletricity but the lock won't unlock! Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for any and all free advice!!!
If they followed the attached diagnostics, it should be easy to find.

Last edited by Grumps; 10-01-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:58 PM

the locks work fine with the remote its only with the lock/unlock button inside the car that won't UNLOCK (it will lock the door) the passenger side door.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 PM

the locks work fine with the remote its only with the lock/unlock button inside the car that won't UNLOCK (it will lock the door) the passenger side door.
Then the problem lies at the switch if it has power or down stream to or at the pump. Surely thats a no brainer to any technician worth the name technician.
Its best to give all the details of the problem if you want an answer.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-16-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 PM

I have the same problem, I tried replacing the inside switch for the locks but still no luck anybody have any ideas

Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jangel
I have the same problem, I tried replacing the inside switch for the locks but still no luck anybody have any ideas
The OP listed two problems, the first was similar but different to the second. Please explain yours in some detail.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-16-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 AM

On mine the key fob works fine, the auto lock at 9 miles per hour is fine, its just the interior switch to unlock/lock the doors does not unlock them

Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
It uses vacuum to open(?) and air pressure to shut(?) or the reverse, so you need vacuum and air pressure in the same line. Do you have both?
The electricity only goes to the pump in the trunk.

The first picture shows the air/vacuum lines (yellow) leaving the pump area going to the doors, hatch and gas cap door.
The second picture shows the line going to the lock in the door, passenger door shown but the other is the same.
the central lock works through the K54 relay I believe

side track....I thought the XF didnt use this, well, traditional MB vacuum method. I stand corrected.

interesting to see a couple differences from a slk32. looks odd NOT to see the hydraulics for the roof in the left pic. uses same vacuum tubing but the trunk line is routed different and the tee is different. I am changing out a slow leak vacuum line from the the PSE (in MB terms) to the passenger door. Actual leak is after the tee to the trunk and before the passenger footwell. Have to remove carpet panel behind seat and hopefully leave the seat in place, fishing the line through the tunnel.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 PM

I have an '05 coupe and my remote will not lock/unlock doors (yes...I replaced the batteries).I have to lock passenger side from inside the car manually and then use key to lock drivers side from outside and can not lock trunk, The interior switch works while car is in drive, Any ideas????? Not in the mood to deal with these iidiot dealerships!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

From the owners manual..

NOTE: Only replace the batteries in pairs.
The system may have to be resynchronized if the transmitter
is without voltage for several minutes. To synchronize,
aim the transmitter eye at the vehicle and briefly
press either the Lock or the Unlock button twice. Within
approximately 30 seconds, insert the key in the ignition
and turn it to the ON/RUN position. The remote control
should once again be operational.