Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

JensenVM9414

Old 12-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JensenVM9414

Has anyone put a Jensen VM9414 Stereo, Nav, DVD with backup camera in their roadster. Is it difficult.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: JensenVM9414

Originally Posted by jimmier
Has anyone put a Jensen VM9414 Stereo, Nav, DVD with backup camera in their roadster. Is it difficult.
I haven't done one but I'm eventually going with the LCD/DVD/Nav/Bluetooth/Camera setup.

I looked at both Jensen and Kenwood, and if I recall I was leaning towards the Kenwood, cause I believe it comes with Garmin GPS (Garmin is my GPS of choice).

The install issue surrounds the wiring harness (no plug and play here), and the correct antenna adapter.

Plus I was always concerned about the Display in the up position, would it hit the air control ***** when it was extending, and if it didn't, it would for sure partially block them when extended. Although I don't think this is a show stopper.

My other concern was with the Infinity Sound System and the stand alone amp, do you integrate the new headset into the Infini amp, or directly feed the speakers from the head unit. (The amp sits up under the floor on the passenger side)

When I'm ready, I'll probably have it installed by a local shop in my area (that always seems to have a line of exotic cars waiting for sound upgrades). And I'll take his advice on whether to integrate with the Infini amp, no amp, or a new amp.

I'm getting too old to deal with this stuff anymore...LOL...

BTW, here's a YouTube video on the Jensen that I just stumbled across:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOnGZN3UCs

Last edited by Kodebuster; 12-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.