CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Can't Get into Car (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/47731-cant-get-into-car.html)

Marine05 01-25-2011 09:13 AM

Can't Get into Car

Hello Everyone,

This morning when I went to get into my car, the door did not unlock. This past weekend, I had the car battery replaced and it started right up. I drove the car home, placed it in the garage and locked it. Question....Is the programming of the key fob lost since I replaced the battery or is something else going on? Any ideas how I can get into the car? It is a roadster.

Thanks,

Glenn AKA Marine05

LantanaTX 01-25-2011 09:22 AM

Re: Can't Get into Car

Something else of probably goind on. When was the last time you changed the battery in the fob?

onehundred80 01-25-2011 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Marine05
Hello Everyone,

This morning when I went to get into my car, the door did not unlock. This past weekend, I had the car battery replaced and it started right up. I drove the car home, placed it in the garage and locked it. Question....Is the programming of the key farb lost since I replaced the battery or is something else going on? Any ideas how I can get into the car? It is a roadster.

Thanks,

Glenn AKA Marine05

Use the key or a bayonet.:p
If it was a coupe you could use a key or the standard issue can opener.

AlG 01-25-2011 09:57 AM

Have you tried sticking the key in the door lock on the driver's side and turning? That should open it. I've had this happen to me as well, without changing the battery in the car. Once I got in, I put the key in the ignition, started the car and the fob must have relinked with the bcm and I never had the problem again. Matter of fact, it affected both of my fobs.

Marine05 01-25-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Use the key or a bayonet.:p
If it was a coupe you could use a key or the standard issue can opener.

Being a retired Marine I like the bayonet idea, but the frugal side of me is preventing me from doing it.:p

Marine05 01-25-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by AlG
Have you tried sticking the key in the door lock on the driver's side and turning? That should open it. I've had this happen to me as well, without changing the battery in the car. Once I got in, I put the key in the ignition, started the car and the fob must have relinked with the bcm and I never had the problem again. Matter of fact, it affected both of my fobs.

I was a bit in a hurry this morning. I did try to see if the ignition key fit the door and it was not going in very easily and did not want to force it. When I get home from work I will try again.

TomSRT 01-25-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Marine05
I was a bit in a hurry this morning. I did try to see if the ignition key fit the door and it was not going in very easily and did not want to force it. When I get home from work I will try again.

that happened to me as well. it should open with the key. a little wd-40 works wonders.

Goldwing 01-25-2011 03:59 PM

Roadster, huh? First check to see if the top is down. If not, the key will open the doorlock. It is not dependent on the battery or the electronics -- I had to prove that to my son when he was "locked out" of his 2007. An occasional spray of WD40 or silicone in the doorlock is good preventive medicine. You should be able to do a search and find the 5 steps for re-synching your key to your ignition.

Marine05 01-25-2011 08:00 PM

Thanks everyone. When I got home from work I was able to get into the car and get it started. WD40 works wonders. Once I got into the car, I was able to pop the hood and saw that the negative terminal was not tight and could not be tightened any more due to corrosion. Next step... buy a new clamp/cable.