CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Does anyone know where to get these clips??? For the interior trim. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/52149-does-anyone-know-where-get-these-clips-interior-trim.html)

ThatSweetSRT6 09-09-2011 04:48 PM

Does anyone know where to get these clips??? For the interior trim.

3 Attachment(s)
Ever since I had to replace my Central Locking Control Module I've been needing to replace the white clips, its what "pops" the interior trim back in place, in the rear upper right side trim thats located by the trunk area. These little white clips seem to be SO HARD to find available for sale. When that trim piece was removed, it broke many of the clips so I only have really about 2-3 good ones at this point left. I'd like to have about 10-15 of them, I need at least 5 of these little suckers so I can install my trim in place.

I've tried autozone, advance auto, and I even went as far as going to the local Mercedes Benz Dealership... No ONE has the exact ones that is found in the Crossfire. Apparently, the ones for Mercedes is different as well because I got a whole bag of some that looked like they would fit but just weren't the same..... the local Chrysler Dealership doesn't have them in stock either. The parts desk actually told me to check with Mercedes... lol.

Anyway, does anyone know where to get them? I need the exact ones though to make it really work! anyone know the part number for them? if anything, I can use that maybe to cross check them through Mercedes Benz or even Chrysler.. anything WILL help!

Pictures attached of what I need....

onehundred80 09-09-2011 05:28 PM

Re: Does anyone know where to get these clips??? for the interior trim.

Originally Posted by ThatSweetSRT6
Ever since I had to replace my Central Locking Control Module I've been needing to replace the white clips, its what "pops" the interior trim back in place, in the rear upper right side trim thats located by the trunk area. These little white clips seem to be SO HARD to find available for sale. When that trim piece was removed, it broke many of the clips so I only have really about 2-3 good ones at this point left. I'd like to have about 10-15 of them, I need at least 5 of these little suckers so I can install my trim in place.

I've tried autozone, advance auto, and I even went as far as going to the local Mercedes Benz Dealership... No ONE has the exact ones that is found in the Crossfire. Apparently, the ones for Mercedes is different as well because I got a whole bag of some that looked like they would fit but just weren't the same..... the local Chrysler Dealership doesn't have them in stock either. The parts desk actually told me to check with Mercedes... lol.

Anyway, does anyone know where to get them? I need the exact ones though to make it really work! anyone know the part number for them? if anything, I can use that maybe to cross check them through Mercedes Benz or even Chrysler.. anything WILL help!

Pictures attached of what I need....

This site has such fasteners. See the last line.
http://www.srfast.com/images/Catalog%20PDF's/Mercedes_Clips_Fasteners.pdf
There are lots of similar sites.

ThatSweetSRT6 09-10-2011 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This site has such fasteners. See the last line.
http://www.srfast.com/images/Catalog%20PDF's/Mercedes_Clips_Fasteners.pdf
There are lots of similar sites.

Thanks for that link but I don't know if those will fit for sure.

Right now, I ordered some from the site I'll list below from a tip that a fellow member had mentioned should work when I did a search but when those came in the mail they looked the same just that they were too small in size and color is nylon gray instead of white. This is what I ordered which was the WRONG clips:

Mercedes-Benz Door Panel Retaining Clips

I also went to the local Mercedes Benz Dealership with the actual clip I took a picture of and they matched it up with some green nylon plastic ones that look the same, they said they should be the right fit BUT the end pieces where it "hooks" into place with the actual trim piece is just not large enough in diameter to make it fit....

So I'm back to square one. at this point, I'm done guessing which may be the right clip so I wanted to know if anyone here knows eactly what the part number is or where to get the correct fitting one. I'm sure someone knows or at least some kind of solution...

FUBU 09-10-2011 03:05 AM

I got mine from green ghost!:) what a saint!

onehundred80 09-10-2011 09:28 AM

Thanks for that link but I don't know if those will fit for sure.

Right now, I ordered some from the site I'll list below from a tip that a fellow member had mentioned should work when I did a search but when those came in the mail they looked the same just that they were too small in size and color is nylon gray instead of white. This is what I ordered which was the WRONG clips:

Mercedes-Benz Door Panel Retaining Clips

I also went to the local Mercedes Benz Dealership with the actual clip I took a picture of and they matched it up with some green nylon plastic ones that look the same, they said they should be the right fit BUT the end pieces where it "hooks" into place with the actual trim piece is just not large enough in diameter to make it fit....

So I'm back to square one. at this point, I'm done guessing which may be the right clip so I wanted to know if anyone here knows eactly what the part number is or where to get the correct fitting one. I'm sure someone knows or at least some kind of solution...

The only clips like this I can see in the trunk are black, the ones that go in holes in the black carpet like panel over the wheel arch.
Measure the size of what you have and let us know. Measure the two head sizes and the pin diameter above the catch points. the door panel clips are one piece these are two piece fasteners aren't they?
How about this one.
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Mer...ners_s/225.htm

MikeR 09-10-2011 10:49 AM

I have been looking for that same white clip for over a year..... both sides of my hatch are out until I can find them..... the little suckers are easy to break..:(

180... they go on the back side of the panels above the black sides in the hatch.. 6 per side...

onehundred80 09-10-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR
I have been looking for that same white clip for over a year..... both sides of my hatch are out until I can find them..... the little suckers are easy to break..:(

180... they go on the back side of the panels above the black sides in the hatch.. 6 per side...

OK so these are one piece fasteners and the color does not matter. These should be easy to get if you know the sizes. Probably 8mm or 9mm hole size.
I never took these panels out, just the black ones. So they are on the back of these upper panels.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...m/DSC_0364.JPG

ThatSweetSRT6 09-10-2011 03:07 PM

6 Attachment(s)
onehundred80,

The pic you posted is the ideal area of the clips are located, right where that trim piece, on the upper side of the picture you uploaded, behind that trim is the area where the white nylon clips attach so that the trim can "pop" back into place. Also, the middle plastic cover where the trunk lock is, you got some of that area showing up in your picture, the top part of it pops into place with those white poppers as well, and then the bottom of it is held in place by the black fasterners you were describing. Here, the black ones I don't need, luckily I have enough of those to complete my job, but I do need the white ones. I will display visual photos of the ACTUAL trim that needs the white clips. Then I'll display a picture of the white clips and the black fasterners side by side but the black ones I do NOT need....

Hope someone can help!

Mike, I feel ya on that, I too have been driving my car without the right side trim, it sucks right now because the car isn't happy without all its clothes on.. like a sunny day out at the beach but no sunscreen. Hahaah :D

oledoc2u 09-10-2011 03:31 PM

I will see what I can do at the body shop next door...they just had my car apart...lol... I am sure they would have or know where to get the clips...

onehundred80 09-10-2011 03:56 PM

onehundred80,

The pic you posted is the ideal area of the clips are located, right where that trim piece, on the upper side of the picture you uploaded, behind that trim is the area where the white nylon clips attach so that the trim can "pop" back into place. Also, the middle plastic cover where the trunk lock is, you got some of that area showing up in your picture, the top part of it pops into place with those white poppers as well, and then the bottom of it is held in place by the black fasterners you were describing. Here, the black ones I don't need, luckily I have enough of those to complete my job, but I do need the white ones. I will display visual photos of the ACTUAL trim that needs the white clips. Then I'll display a picture of the white clips and the black fasterners side by side but the black ones I do NOT need....

Hope someone can help!

Mike, I feel ya on that, I too have been driving my car without the right side trim, it sucks right now because the car isn't happy without all its clothes on.. like a sunny day out at the beach but no sunscreen. Hahaah :D

My guess it's this one from the last site I gave you. Measure yours and compare, 1mm =.040". Second line down.

Door Panel Retaining Clip
Gray Nylon
Top Head Diameter: 13mm
Bottom Head Diameter: 16mm
Stem Diameter: 9mm
Stem Length: 13mm
Replaces Mercedes: 000-990-57-92
10 Per Package

ThatSweetSRT6 09-10-2011 04:00 PM

My guess it's this one from the last site I gave you. Measure yours and compare, 1mm =.040". Second line down.

Door Panel Retaining Clip
Gray Nylon
Top Head Diameter: 13mm
Bottom Head Diameter: 16mm
Stem Diameter: 9mm
Stem Length: 13mm
Replaces Mercedes: 000-990-57-92
10 Per Package

Thats the site I previously linked in this thread that looked similar but did not fit correctly, those are too small. However, while browsing through the site I did manage to find some that did look identical, I will need to measure and confirm!

This is the ones that I found while browsing through the site: Mercedes Trim Panel Retainer 11mm Stem Lgth

Its from the same website I ordered that you just mentioned, however, I was already told about previously from a fellow member on the site that mentioned it "should" fit but now I know they don't, hence my thread. :)

Going to contact the company on Monday and see if they would be willing to do an exchange of the ones that were the wrong clips that I ordered and replace them for the ones I just linked as that would be great if they could as I have no use for these that have been received. I will measure and report back. It would be sooo great if there the right ones finally!

MikeR 09-10-2011 05:39 PM

Let us know if they work and I can get mine fixed too!!:D

tnhatch03 09-10-2011 06:00 PM

mine are broken too!

ThatSweetSRT6 09-23-2011 10:41 PM

Update:

The last reply I made in this thread that linked you all of the plastic nylon clips I believe should fit that I said I was going to check with the company.

Okay, this is what has happened thus far:

I did make the order for those clips, they arrived, off the bat they pop in place in the holes when you're attempting to put the trim panel back in place, the problem with these clips though is that you need to make sure you align them precisely when lining them up or they break RIGHT AWAY.

Another thing, the head of top of the nylon clip that you insert in place into the panel trim itself DOES NOT just slide right in!!! the plastic between the top and the groove that is slides into is just too big in size. What I had to do to make it "work" was to take a pair of pliers, grab the top of each clip and slightly add some pressure to "crunch" its size down abit so that I could get them to slide in place, even then while trying to do it, you have to use all your might to "get them to push through" and STAY in place..

This is just not the right clip but I was able to manage to get them to stay in place doing this route....

They can work if you're careful and do it right...

Unfortuntely, the top ones on the panel trim BROKE because I didn't align them perfect but all the bottom ones made a perfect fit, now it just looks like the top portion of my panel trim comes down until I found something else that I was able to make work BETTER:

I did figure out a much easier way to make this work that may be easier than using these clips and are actually much more reliable... You will need to do a little bit of work but you will get it once you're done and you can buy it now at your local auto parts store.

They are made by Dorman, buy the NISSAN/INFINITY Door Panel Retainers, part # 963-081, they are gray plastic nylon clips with thin black looking seal gaskets attached, they do come apart but I would keep them intact as they pop into place MUCH EASIER. Each plastic package has 4 of them, you'll need to buy 2 of them to complete your panel trim, maybe buy a third incase you break a couple...

These clips will pop into place perfectly into the holes. The only problem where you need to do alittle EASY work is getting the top of the heads to slide into your panel trim.

I plan to make a HOW TO with a VIDEO tomorrow showing the clips & what needs to be done so its a PERFECT fit!!! so look out for it! I'll update this thread with it :)

tnhatch03 09-24-2011 09:50 AM

you have Nissan Part number?

32krazy! 09-24-2011 01:16 PM

this what your looking for?
_90-to-2010__C__CLK__SL__SLK__12__OEm__Clips__Door Panel__Fastener__MERCEDES__OE | eBay

ThatSweetSRT6 09-24-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by tnhatch03
you have Nissan Part number?

They are made by Dorman, buy the NISSAN/INFINITY Door Panel Retainers, part # 963-081

Originally Posted by [b

Yes, that is actually appears to be the RIGHT clip, but geez, its way too much money, almost $2 bucks for each clip? ehh, less do it cheaper and buy the ones at the parts store that I quoted above and then do what I will show you real soon in a video that I am about to upload to YouTube for you all to see. I will link it soon!

onehundred80 09-24-2011 06:06 PM

They are made by Dorman, buy the NISSAN/INFINITY Door Panel Retainers, part # 963-081

Yes, that is actually appears to be the RIGHT clip, but geez, its way too much money, almost $2 bucks for each clip? ehh, less do it cheaper and buy the ones at the parts store that I quoted above and then do what I will show you real soon in a video that I am about to upload to YouTube for you all to see. I will link it soon!

Wow a first, a film clip on a trim clip.
It's got a helluva plot. When's the sequel coming out? Can't wait.
:p

ThatSweetSRT6 09-24-2011 06:50 PM

Wow a first, a film clip on a trim clip.
It's got a helluva plot. When's the sequel coming out? Can't wait.
:p

LOL!! :)

I gotta tell ya I never did think it would be so difficult to find those clips, at least the right ones, the member 32krazy! posted an ebay link and thats the first time I see some identical looking ones for sale, then again, those do not have dimmensions of size so one wouldn't know if they are too small as well or too large. The Mercedes Benz dealer gave me some and said they would also fit perfect but didn't at all either.... so now I had to take things in my own hands and figure out a solution!

This is a How-To Video showing you an alternative nylon clip for your interior panel trim to use as a replacement than the OEM clip that is very difficult to find the precise fitting one made for the Chrysler Crossfire. This is very inexpensive, available at most auto stores right away and is simple to do. Here, I will show you how!!

YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E5v-g90ufc

Cedar11 03-09-2012 01:31 AM

LOL!! :)

I gotta tell ya I never did think it would be so difficult to find those clips, at least the right ones, the member 32krazy! posted an ebay link and thats the first time I see some identical looking ones for sale, then again, those do not have dimmensions of size so one wouldn't know if they are too small as well or too large. The Mercedes Benz dealer gave me some and said they would also fit perfect but didn't at all either.... so now I had to take things in my own hands and figure out a solution!

This is a How-To Video showing you an alternative nylon clip for your interior panel trim to use as a replacement than the OEM clip that is very difficult to find the precise fitting one made for the Chrysler Crossfire. This is very inexpensive, available at most auto stores right away and is simple to do. Here, I will show you how!!

YouTube video:

How-To Video of Modified Trim Panel Clips Chrysler Crossfire.AVI - YouTube

Thanks for this post and video, more than likely you saved me a bunch of time/money!!