CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   My SRT6 is embarrassing (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/61137-my-srt6-embarrassing.html)

JEFASOLD 04-30-2013 11:09 AM

My SRT6 is embarrassing

This morning I went for a shakedown cruise after installing the SL55 fuel pump I got from Rob. The last tweak after installing DCAI, manifolds, INmotion tune, 181 pulley kit, colder plugs, some porting work, EC heat exchanger. You know, the normal stuff. Anyway, while cruising, a young man and, I presume girlfriend, approached from the rear in a C6 Corvette, followed a short distance then pulled even and with a little smirk hit the throttle. I TOOK THE SMIRK OFF HIS FACE!!!! When I pulled into the local dairy bar for a diet iced tea, he followed and wanted to know what was under the hood, so I showed him. His girl or wife told me that he was embarrassed because he told her he was going to SMOKE the old man and was in total disbelief over what had just occurred! I don't do it often but AIN"T IT FUN?

JHM2K 04-30-2013 11:14 AM

Re: My SRT6 is embarrassing

Congrats man!! It's fun to educate people, especially when they think they have an automatic win. :cool:

witchal 04-30-2013 11:17 AM

A man and his car ... a true love story.

Mrmiata 04-30-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD (Post 737272)
This morning I went for a shakedown cruise after installing the SL55 fuel pump I got from Rob. The last tweak after installing DCAI, manifolds, INmotion tune, 181 pulley kit, colder plugs, some porting work, EC heat exchanger. You know, the normal stuff. Anyway, while cruising, a young man and, I presume girlfriend, approached from the rear in a C6 Corvette, followed a short distance then pulled even and with a little smirk hit the throttle. I TOOK THE SMIRK OFF HIS FACE!!!! When I pulled into the local dairy bar for a diet iced tea, he followed and wanted to know what was under the hood, so I showed him. His girl or wife told me that he was embarrassed because he told her he was going to SMOKE the old man and was in total disbelief over what had just occurred! I don't do it often but AIN"T IT FUN?

Someone had a song out on this.. R E S P E C T ... LOL

NeedsWings 04-30-2013 11:22 AM

haha, fun stuff!

grip grip 04-30-2013 11:28 AM

Damn, that's quite the laundry list of "normal stuff". Poor C6 never had a chance. :D

kjwinston 04-30-2013 12:41 PM

You give us a Good Name!

kj

m3pig 04-30-2013 12:44 PM

Old guys rule

Bigkid 04-30-2013 01:53 PM

Good story, put a smile on my face. You made a big jump all at once with that list of mods. Enjoy!;)

SRT6 Gang Member 04-30-2013 02:41 PM

As my grand-papa would say, that will teach you young whippersnappers. lol

JEFASOLD 04-30-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip (Post 737281)
Damn, that's quite the laundry list of "normal stuff". Poor C6 never had a chance. :D

It seems like most of the SRT6 guys have this stuff, no? My last modded car was a '67 Dodge RT with a bored 440. Stroker crank, hard chromed and glass beaded. Something like 485ci with a Hilborn timed fuel injection, Crower roller cam, TRW aluminum pistons (they looked like big sauerkraut cans), TRW titanium rods, sodium filled valves, ported and polished heads, Hooker headers, high stall speed torque converter with TorqueFlite tranny. That car dynoed at 708 HP. Funny thing was, only 2 people ever saw it WOT but it had a legacy all it's own. While I was away in the Navy, my Dad smoked quite a few young hot shoes, when I got home I received several warnings from Law Enforcement types about racing, seems they couldn't catch it. Thanks Dad! LOL

Valk 04-30-2013 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD (Post 737272)

A great story indeed !! :D

+fireamx 04-30-2013 10:58 PM

It's amazing to me, that even though the Crossfire has been out for 10 years now, (9 years for the SRT's) and there are still "car guys" (and I use that term loosely) who still haven't got a clue.:rolleyes:
I have no (crushed em like a bug) stories that would relate while driving my XF. But 40 years ago my little AMC got no respect at all. Even though my car was 100% stock, I still crushed quite a few ego's in 1st. gear at many a stoplight.:D
It is a great feeling to surprise those who don't do their homework.;)

musicnsurf 05-01-2013 01:00 AM

I get no takers around here at all. My feeling is that other people think it has cool looks, but no one wants to take either car on. I've blasted out of freeway interchanges (defensive driving, of course) and no one can stay or wants to stay with me.

JimmyJames 05-01-2013 08:33 AM

Love it.......