Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Max Supercharger RPM backed by ...

Old 05-31-2015, 08:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Max Supercharger RPM backed by ...

What is the maximum SC RPM backed by an outside source. I read things like "running on the ragged edge" "pushing the SC beyond it's safe limits" and on and on. From the research I have done the smaller amount of air the SC moves the higher they can spin with 18,000rpm being the sustainable rpm, 20k for short bursts. I don't know the part number of the SC used on our cars so researching is somewhat without good results. This would be the manufacturers part number and not the Benz or Chrysler number. Can anyone help out here? Let's get this number(RPM) established once and for all. Of course fresh SC oil will help SC's with more miles on them! THANKS!

Old 05-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: Max Supercharger RPM backed by ..............

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
What is the maximum SC RPM backed by an outside source. I read things like "running on the ragged edge" "pushing the SC beyond it's safe limits" and on and on. From the research I have done the smaller amount of air the SC moves the higher they can spin with 18,000rpm being the sustainable rpm, 20k for short bursts. I don't know the part number of the SC used on our cars so researching is somewhat without good results. This would be the manufacturers part number and not the Benz or Chrysler number. Can anyone help out here? Let's get this number(RPM) established once and for all. Of course fresh SC oil will help SC's with more miles on them! THANKS!
The SC maker and part number were posted on this forum within the last week.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
Apparently all that work that Billy22Bob did for you on your other thread wasn't good enough? lol. The only one that I've read about that toasted his SC was Tighed1. Perhaps there were others, but Tighed1 was stacked large, and did a fairly long run down the highway from what I remember. What was his max SC RPM? What would have been the safe RPM? Maybe he didn't have fresh jet oil in his SC . His SC fried, but maybe mine or yours could have made that run and survived. The moral of the story is to not run stacked down the freeway for too long of a blast. My point is, that the number you're looking for is somewhat random. When you get into the stacked territory; you play, and you may pay. It's gambling. A few members on here have done their very best at getting the most possible speed out of their 6 at the 1/4 mile, with every mod,running stacked, nitrous injection, etc. I am thankful for the members that did all the inventing, testing and gambling here(has made it very easy for the rest of us), and I applaud their methodical and careful approach to getting there with the proper AFR's, just as you are doing your research here as well. There are SC efficiency charts for the IHI that have been posted on the forum here if you search for them. Long winded here this morning and didn't really answer your question; sorry 'bout that. Good luck with the journey.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I just realized that I provided this information to you on another one of your recent threads. Maybe you need to re-read this one . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post837243

What . . . You didn't believe me when I answered you there so you're asking again in this new thread??

Last edited by RED DOG; 05-31-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Max Supercharger RPM backed by ...

Senile Dementia. My biggest challenge is no room for an aftermarket heat exchanger, not the usual ones. I'm sure there is one that will work, just need more research. Wideband ordered and pulleys. Regulator and likely the walbro that Rob sells.