Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Machining a supercharger pulley

Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Machining a supercharger pulley

Ok well in college im majoring in mechanical engineering and we have to use a lathe for one of our labs. I asked the teacher if we could bring things and use the lathe. He doesn't care. So would there be any problems with machining down the supercharger pulley? What size would I want to make it? Would I need different bearings? Would I need to make another pulley smaller or bigger?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Machining a supercharger pulley

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
Ok well in college im majoring in mechanical engineering and we have to use a lathe for one of our labs. I asked the teacher if we could bring things and use the lathe. He doesn't care. So would there be any problems with machining down the supercharger pulley? What size would I want to make it? Would I need different bearings? Would I need to make another pulley smaller or bigger?
I did this to my old S/C pulley. There's not enough meat to make it equiv to a 178 or similar. What I did was get a 178, and machine the s/c pulley diameter down 2mm. The numbers worked out to be a little bit stronger than a 181. You can find the numbers and more information than you want in my thread "Of long posts and superchargers". For what it's worth, I'm running a 185 now...

Old 07-31-2018, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
Hello. I believe that your teacher is right. You can take a tool of any size. Teachers are people who know everything in their own industry. I am a teacher in the humanitarian industry. I ask my students to write a lot of papers that they buy on the service about which you can read more, that is a service on which you can buy essays, dissertations etc... I know that they are cunning, but this is the essence of an smart person.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:33 AM

Hello. I believe that your teacher is right. You can take a tool of any size. Teachers are people who know everything in their own industry. I am a teacher in the humanitarian industry. I ask my students to write a lot of papers that they buy on the service about which you can read more, that is a service on which you can buy essays, dissertations etc... I know that they are cunning, but this is the essence of a smart person.