CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   road trips...what would you bring (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/78974-road-trips-what-would-you-bring.html)

dizzyspots 09-19-2018 11:06 AM

road trips...what would you bring

Looking for suggested items for road trips, long vs short in the SRT6 coupe....above and beyond jumper cables, first aid kit and basic tools...anything specific to our toys?

ala_xfire 09-19-2018 02:43 PM

Re: road trips...what would you bring

Tire fix kit, spare RCM and CPS, spare quart of mobil1 0w40, detail spray and microfiber cloths.

CROSSFIRERUSH 09-19-2018 09:44 PM

Regardless of the length of your trip, one additional consideration is AAA Roadservice at the maximum (200 mile radius from your home) for under $200.00 a year. Just a "tool" that pretty much pays for itself with just one flatbed tow.

Regards,

JB007Rules 09-21-2018 04:13 PM

"spare RCM and CPS"

Sorry to sound ignorant (I'm not a car guy) but can you provide me a link to purchase these? I've Googled it and checked eBay but I don't know what I'm looking at lol.

I'm about to buy an SRT6 Crossfire and drive it home which is 825 miles or so home. The car I'm buying has about 78,000 miles on it and it has been well maintained but I've been lurking for about 6 months now and I've seen this and I'm afraid of being stranded lol.

TIA and I'll post pics and do the VIN registry when I get it :)

Thanks!

P.S, I can't wait to get back into an SRT 8 300C that I bought brand new in 2007 and I had to get rid of it to get a more practical truck/life/wife/kids/boat, etc. There is something in your blood that never leaves you after you sell your baby and I'm hoping to recover some of this soon here :)

ala_xfire 09-22-2018 06:26 AM

On Rockauto :
MERCEDES-BENZ 2004 SLK320 3.2L V6 Ignition Camshaft Position Sensor ( get the Bosch one )
and
MERCEDES-BENZ 2004 SLK320 3.2L V6 Electrical-Switch & Relay Computer Control Relay

CROSSFIRERUSH 09-22-2018 10:11 AM

JB007Rules,

"P.S, I can't wait to get back into an SRT 8 300C that I bought brand new in 2007 and I had to get rid of it to get a more practical truck/life/wife/kids/boat, etc. There is something in your blood that never leaves you after you sell your baby and I'm hoping to recover some of this soon here https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...icon_smile.gif"

LOL, I can relate!. Those cars are rockets. Our family has a few MOPARS in their Garage and we've been "car guys" for a long time. Although I don't have an SRT8 or later 300 SRT's (Chrysler dropped that # designation on them), those cars had a lot of power and amenities. Currently I have a '13 5.7 hemi powered 300C Luxury. Not as quick as the SRT's for sure. Still, with 360 or more horses pushing a 4,000 lb plus car down the road that bad boy hauls! Lots of creature comforts to boot. Good luck on your hunt. I've always been intrigued by the right hand drive versions in Europe and Australia. Chrysler made these SRT's at least thru 2016. 485 HP and 8 speed automatics...what's not to like!

Regards,

JB007Rules 09-22-2018 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by CROSSFIRERUSH (Post 912531)
JB007Rules,

"P.S, I can't wait to get back into an SRT 8 300C that I bought brand new in 2007 and I had to get rid of it to get a more practical truck/life/wife/kids/boat, etc. There is something in your blood that never leaves you after you sell your baby and I'm hoping to recover some of this soon here https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...icon_smile.gif"

LOL, I can relate!. Those cars are rockets. Our family has a few MOPARS in their Garage and we've been "car guys" for a long time. Although I don't have an SRT8 or later 300 SRT's (Chrysler dropped that # designation on them), those cars had a lot of power and amenities. Currently I have a '13 5.7 hemi powered 300C Luxury. Not as quick as the SRT's for sure. Still, with 360 or more horses pushing a 4,000 lb plus car down the road that bad boy hauls! Lots of creature comforts to boot. Good luck on your hunt. I've always been intrigued by the right hand drive versions in Europe and Australia. Chrysler made these SRT's at least thru 2016. 485 HP and 8 speed automatics...what's not to like!

Regards,

sorry I didn't type that clearly. I've owned an 07 SRT 300C but am on the hunt for an SRT crossfire, not an SRT8.

My wife's dream car is a Crossfire and when get one it *HAS* to be an SRT of course!! :)

JB007Rules 09-22-2018 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 912528)

$55 bucks ain't bad!! How many does the car take? Just one or one per cylinder?

ala_xfire 09-22-2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by JB007Rules (Post 912544)
$55 bucks ain't bad!! How many does the car take? Just one or one per cylinder?

Just one of each.

GraphiteGhost 09-22-2018 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 912545)
Just one of each.

;) Yes, like George sad. One sensor and one relay module, period! ;)

zip439 09-23-2018 10:16 AM

The camshaft position sensor can be a problem, but more often a no start problem is the Crankshaft position sensor.
Me think George's age is showing, "cause I know he is smarter and more car savvy than I. Along with the Crankshaft sensor have the correct tools to replace.

ala_xfire 09-23-2018 10:28 AM

Along with the Crankshaft sensor have the correct tools to replace.
Hey Steve, he already said he had tools !

jumper cables, first aid kit and basic tools
So I guess I should add " a set of Torx sockets along with a long extension and a telescoping magnet to get the bolt when you drop it "

zip439 09-23-2018 11:37 AM

What I was trying to get at was the Crank vice Cam sensor that the link pointed at. I think it is an external E8 torx and a flex or universal type joint on the 1/4 inch extension. If he has the parts with him getting it replaced at a garage shouldn't be too expensive if it is not a weekend.

ala_xfire 09-23-2018 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by zip439 (Post 912586)
What I was trying to get at was the Crank vice Cam sensor that the link pointed at. I think it is an external E8 torx and a flex or universal type joint on the 1/4 inch extension. If he has the parts with him getting it replaced at a garage shouldn't be too expensive if it is not a weekend.

Thanks Steve, I didn't realize that I had posted the wrong link :(
Here's the correct one :
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...on+sensor,7196

JB007Rules 09-24-2018 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 912598)
Thanks Steve, I didn't realize that I had posted the wrong link :(
Here's the correct one :
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...on+sensor,7196

So is it the Bosch one for $20.99?

Thanks!

zip439 09-24-2018 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JB007Rules (Post 912623)
So is it the Bosch one for $20.99?

Thanks!

Yes Correct Bosch, Crankshaft sensor. That is the one you want for 20.99

David M 09-24-2018 03:16 PM

Bags small enough to fit in the tiny trunk of a Crossfire convertible...and sunscreen. :) Sorry coupe owners. :)

JB007Rules 10-01-2018 01:40 PM

Circling back around here since there it's still not clear.

This guy here is for SURE needed correct?
Is this one *ALSO* needed or no??
I'm going to be driving this new to me Crossfire home 1400 miles and I'm going to buy these before the trip and bring them with me (And tools which I'll ship).

Please advise?

Thanks!

ala_xfire 10-01-2018 02:02 PM

Yes, the crankshaft sensor more than the camshaft sensor, but both is good.
make sure you have tools for changing them.

JB007Rules 10-01-2018 06:22 PM

Both are ordered and will be here on Wed for my trip.

What other specifically is needed? Which sized sockets, extensions, etc are needed? I have a set of Torx Bits and all such items too and I'll be bringing all those too.

I watched this video too:

Thanks!