Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Vehicle Wrap

Old 08-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Wrap

just wondering if any one had done a vehicle wrap on their crossfire?
if so any pictures?
i saw this on youtube and it made me start thinking about
giving it a try when i get back to the states in oct

YouTube - Mercedes Mclaren SLR Matte Black vinyl sticker Wrap - By Stickercity.com

Old 08-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Vehicle Wrap

i don't think anyone on here has a complete wrap done to their car but there is a member who has their roof black but i believe it's painted. i don't think a matte black would look all that great on the crossfire. i like my gloss paint. to me matte colors just look cheap

Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Forum Regular

i don't think anyone on here has a complete wrap done to their car but there is a member who has their roof black but i believe it's painted. i don't think a matte black would look all that great on the crossfire. i like my gloss paint. to me matte colors just look cheap
I agree, it also makes the car look smaller and not nearly as sleek. The aerodynamics seem lost when you turn off the shine. To me it looks like an unfinished primer job.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 AM

I would think they are going after 'invisibility' after dark.. running "hot" and not getting caught...

Old 08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Meguiar's is currently working toward the intro of a vehicle wrap product under our Wraptivo brand. We had a booth at SEMA last year and will have one again this year - with vehicles being wrapped during the event. Our overall plan is to have an app online where you can bring up an image of your car and see how various materials will look on it - and even upload your own artwork, have it printed out and installed by a pro. We're a ways off on getting all that put together, but for small businesses or custom show cars the possibilities are literally endless.

We sponsored a rally car at this past weekend's X Games here in LA, but it was only partially wrapped with a carbon fiber material on the roof and hood. ( http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....lypractice.jpg ) We did a few cars here at work for some testing and demo purposes. Our COO's BMW M3 has the carbon fiber material on the roof, my boss has some on the hood and roof of his Cherokee SRT8 and I've got the brushed titanium on the roof of my PT Cruiser. These are textured vinyls, so the carbon fiber looks and feels like the real deal (without the resin coating, of course) and the brushed titanium on my car is surprisingly realistic. People are always running their hand over it to feel the surface.

I did a write up on our forum when we were having this done a few months back ---> Wraptivo Designer Car Wraps in action! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online We've done a Porsche Cayman in matte white that is just stunning. We did the whole car in matte white except for the roof, which is the carbon wrap. (Twitter pic in studio here ----> Ow.ly - image uploaded by @Meguiars_USA ) We had it at Barrett-Jackson in Orange County last month and some people needed a lot of convincing that is a vinyl wrap. This stuff isn't for everyone, of course, but the possibilities are endless.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to have a piece of this wrap to put in the section (indention) behind my rear tag ,,,I want it now,,,,,,,, looks great...where can I buy this stuff,???

Old 08-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Forum Regular

I'd love to have my XF wrapped. I see a bunch of cars at Vividracing all the time. Certain designs just look awesome and make the car stand out...But its pricey.......

It would also protects the paint from getting sun damaged, which is great if you live in AZ...Just my 0.02

Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally speaking I'm not a fan of wraps sandwich or otherwise. Why does there have to be something on every square inch of a car that jumps out at you? Nascar and now even the pro ranks of the NHRA look like rolling billboards. Just makes what once was a beautiful car, ugly. What happened to a car with just a beautiful paint job? I don't get it but then again I'm an old fart. Have fun with it and don;t forget the bow!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to have an alabaster "wrap" for the rocker panels on my crossfire.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's a guy here in Dallas who's company does those wraps. He's shows up at the Cars 'n Coffee with his wrapped GTR. It looks pretty cool.

Guess it would help to preserve the paint.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A clear wrap for the front end or maybe the rocker panels as Mike described would be cool but 3M and others already make that.