CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Detail Shop (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/)
-   -   Can I use CrystalGuard on top of Zaino? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/3994-can-i-use-crystalguard-top-zaino.html)

Cyril Baldwin 01-24-2004 12:40 AM

Can I use CrystalGuard on top of Zaino?

Would it be possible to apply CG after using Zaino? CG did not say anything about removing any wax from your car. :roll:

texex91 01-24-2004 10:13 AM

Just curious why you would want to do that? Just put another Zanio coat on--the more the merry. I have about 10-11 coats on over the past 5 months, not because it needed it, just because it gets deeper every single time...

AZ Outlaws 01-24-2004 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by texex91
Just curious why you would want to do that? Just put another Zanio coat on--the more the merry. I have about 10-11 coats on over the past 5 months, not because it needed it, just because it gets deeper every single time...

texex91,

I've seen you speak so highly of Zanio. Tell me a little about it please. Is it a super wax, a paint sealer etc? Do you think you're seeing better looking results because your Xfire is black which lends itself to show off a shine?

Thanks

Cyril Baldwin 01-24-2004 11:54 AM

Can't we use CG to protect zanio from losing its luster? I like zanio for its shine, however, i think CG gives more protection? Correct me if im wrong.

texex91 01-25-2004 10:08 AM

Um, well Zaino was most recently, named #1 by The Wax Test and Guru Reports who tested 46 waxes. www.gurureports.org. Are you using the whole system or just the Z2? I recommend the ZFX (which will cut the drying time in half--about 30 minutes) with the Z2, the finish with Z6 spray (I also use this to "touch up" as ness.)

AZ Outlaws:

Check out www.zainostore.com they have all of the info and tons of testimonials. The products I find are far superior to anything on the market for shine (no matter what color car you have) and the protection is incredible. I have not "waxed" mine in about 3 months, and water won't even stay on for two seconds--just slides right off. Now of course like anything else, you will get a million different opinions. However, I know once people acutally use the Zaino, they never go back. My black literally now looks as though you can stick you hand through it--that's how deep the shine is...

Diamond Jim 02-18-2004 07:24 PM

You can multi-layer any product, some with better results than others. CrystalGuard is designed to do the same if you keep applying the top coat or the Quick product. What I don't understand is why you want 20 layers on your car unless you're a fanatic, or you just feel better about your car that way. One or two layers is all you should ever need in my opinion. Juts my two cents...

AZ Outlaws 02-20-2004 10:07 AM

texex91 Wrote: "...Um, well Zaino was most recently, named #1 by The Wax Test and Guru Reports who tested 46 waxes. www.gurureports.org."

Am I missing something here??? I looked at the Guru Reports site, do you have to "buy" every report you're interested in?

Thanks...

WesMichaels 02-20-2004 10:22 AM

I had never heard of these folks until now. I didn't see much on their site to tell me why I should trust them over Consumer Reports. But, as far as wax goes, I don't think I need someone to tell me what wax is best. For me it's Mother's for someone else it Zaino. It's all very subjective. If you like a product then use it. :)

jsisabella 02-20-2004 01:08 PM

OK, I saw the three part Mother's system at Pep Boys today, and decided to give it a try.

Maybe it is just me, but I have a problem spending $100-$150 for a car cleaner and wax.... The Mother's cost a total of $23.00.

I will let everyone know what I think when I get it done. Maybe this weekend.

The sun is out, it is 50+ degrees, the snow is melting, and there are only 30 days until spring!

The next item to do is get the snow tires off.

As someone else said, Life Is Good!!!!

texex91 02-20-2004 01:16 PM

I'm a firm beieliver in you get what you pay for. I can assure you that high end car owners do not pop down to Pep Boys for $23 3 step wax--I wonder why?? But hey, if you're happy great :lol:

jsisabella 02-20-2004 03:49 PM

I don't know. My 1991 Dodge Stealth had 175000 miles on in and was 10 years old when I traded it in. And it was driven through 10 Ohio winters.

I never put any expensive wax on that car, and it still looked great when I got out of it for the last time.

Sometimes the price is really not based on what you get, but the perception of what you get...

Just my $0.02 cents worth, but you can tell everyone it cost $1.99!!!

;-)

WesMichaels 02-20-2004 04:34 PM

"High end" car owners are just blowing money, IMO..... I'll put my shine up against any... Mother's has served me very well for a lot of years. I guess even after I started making good money I just never got the Yuppie mentality. I know that you don't have to spend a bunch to make paint shine. (If it's a good paint job) :)

Maybe that's why in 2006 I'm retiring @ 55 years old. :)

Lastly... Like I've said before..... Use the wax that you're most comfortable with. Just don't say that because a product doesn't cost a bundle that it can't be any good. Because when you make that statement you're dead wrong. :)

krusty_the_klown 02-21-2004 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by WMichaels
"High end" car owners are just blowing money, IMO..... I'll put my shine up against any... Mother's has served me very well for a lot of years. I guess even after I started making good money I just never got the Yuppie mentality. I know that you don't have to spend a bunch to make paint shine. (If it's a good paint job) :)

Maybe that's why in 2006 I'm retiring @ 55 years old. :)

Lastly... Like I've said before..... Use the wax that you're most comfortable with. Just don't say that because a product doesn't cost a bundle that it can't be any good. Because when you make that statement you're dead wrong. :)

Tell you what everybody.... I'll mediate this thing. I just plunked down some hard earned cash for the Zaino stuff. If it's just another wax I'll be able to tell. Trust me I'm qualified, I have figured out that Krispy Kremes are no better than Dunkin Donuts even though everybody insists otherwise.

jsisabella 02-21-2004 12:30 AM

Fair enough.

But how about Red Ball Jets vs Nike sneakers?!?!

Now I am really showing my age. Sorry.

Diamond Jim 02-24-2004 07:13 PM

Red Ball Jets? If memory serves me correctly, wasn't that the band David Lee Roth was originally in prior to Van Halen? I'm ony 29, but I know my rock n' roll...

DFWSBR 02-24-2004 09:59 PM

Use what you like, Zaino tops them all. If you want professional show car shine, you will get just that with Zaino. I have a friend who professionally details. He uses NOTHING but Zaino products. I've seen him take first place EVERY car show he has been a part of.

As for using something over it. Why bother? I was specifically told NOT to use Zaino before applying the 3M clear bra. The installer said he had a rough time getting it to stay in place. Damn good wax ;)