CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Detail Shop (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/)
-   -   Roadster rag top treatment (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/41315-roadster-rag-top-treatment.html)

Darticus 03-16-2010 06:47 PM

Roadster rag top treatment

I think most say 303 makes a product to treat our rag top with. I can't find such a product locally. Is there a place to order it and what would the correct name be. Is this an easy to do treatment for our ragtops? Is there a better product to use that can be located in local stores?

bmorgan 03-16-2010 06:54 PM

Re: Roadster rag top treatment

303 is the best in my opinion.

303 Fabric Convertible Top Kit, Fabric convertible top cleaner, fabric convertible top car, cloth convertible top care, canvas convertible top care

Darticus 03-16-2010 07:21 PM

Sounds great at almost half the price of Raggtop. How hard is the install? It looks like many members are tapping newpaper to the windows and paint to protect the car from Raggtop overspray.

RMADERMAN 03-16-2010 07:35 PM

Thanks for the link

Darticus 03-16-2010 07:46 PM

Ordered the 303 from Amazon.com about 23.00. Great! Any tips on applying would be great.
Amazon.com: 303 Fabric Convertible Top Cleaner & Protector Kit (030520): Automotive

Hawk Monster 03-18-2010 10:58 AM

303 Top Cleaner is really easy. Directions on the back of the bottle are very specific. I used a boars hair brush to remove the dirt etc. looked like a new top when it dried.

Same is true for the 303 Fabric Guard. There is a thread on this site that details how to use plastic to cover the car. I did not cover my back window and it wiped off just fine but I did used the blue painter's tape in the back window. By doing this I was able to get the seam around the window protected. I used the plastic and I am glad I did. It really saved some work and made it a lot easier to clean up in the garage during the winter.

Like they say when all else fails read the instructions. This is bullet proof.

tighed1 03-18-2010 11:09 AM

I ordered direct 303 Products - Aerospace Protectant, High Tech Fabric Guard - World's Leading Automotive Care Products

LOTS more info here.

Hawk Monster 03-18-2010 11:26 AM

Forgot the most important points. Remember to let the top dry completely after cleaning it. Do the same when you protect it.

maclovinX 03-19-2010 12:33 PM

One quick note: when I cleaned my top I also used some painters tape to wipe any loose lint etc. before I sealed with the 303.
You will be very happy with the 303.