CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Detail Shop (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/)
-   -   87 year old STINCH!!! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/50792-87-year-old-stinch.html)

LantanaTX 06-25-2011 12:44 PM

87 year old STINCH!!!

I recently got an incredible deal on a 2004 E500 with only 28K miles at an auction. The car is like brand new except some scrapes on the bumpers and the smell of the old farts that owned it. The previous owners were 85 and 87 and by the smell of the car they were probably incontinent and didn't change their diapers as often as they should have. I have cleaned every inch of the interior and they only source of the smell now seems to be the front seats. I am thinking of pouring Natures Miracle into them since it contains enzyes but I am not sure what will happen to the leather. Ayone have this problem? What is the best way to get rid of this odor?

I also checked the three air filters. The dust filter was in good shape and didn't smell since it only draws air from outside. I checked the two carbon filters and they stunk so I am going to replace them. I also put the A/C on max recirculation and let the sysem draw in some Ozium and Oust. I am think of doing this again with Lysol.

IBLUBYU 06-25-2011 01:12 PM

Re: 87 year old STINCH!!!

Man O Man ..... I can't picture myself on my knees smelling the seats with my nose to the leather. LMAO
Reminds me of the what a "snarf" is .... a guy that goes around smelling girls bicycle seats ......

Ok ... to the point ... I believe that at a good pet store, there is a product to remove pet urine odors. Don't recall the name, but it might be worth a try.

TomStratRT 06-25-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Man O Man ..... I can't picture myself on my knees smelling the seats with my nose to the leather. LMAO
Reminds me of the what a "snarf" is .... a guy that goes around smelling girls bicycle seats ......

Ok ... to the point ... I believe that at a good pet store, there is a product to remove pet urine odors. Don't recall the name, but it might be worth a try.

Natures Miracle.

Kane 06-25-2011 02:44 PM

Casey Anthony had the same problem. Body fluids are a bltch. Never could get rid of the stink.

oledoc2u 06-25-2011 07:55 PM

Now I have to tell you, at my semi/retired Sunday gig with the Sheriff's Dept...I have to drive a car that is used by everyone on this detail...and one of :rolleyes: those old guys like myself, is let's say, having a real gasiest problem...we've tried everything the janitor's have in the store room to get rid of his smell....no one wants to drive that car....so if you solve this riddle, please share it me and I WILL share it with the other 8 deputies I work with....lol:D

bmorgan 06-25-2011 10:24 PM

Hey Bob, can't help with the smell, but I would love to see some picks of the car, and know what kind of deal that you got. Are you keeping it, or going to resale it?

LantanaTX 06-25-2011 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Hey Bob, can't help with the smell, but I would love to see some picks of the car, and know what kind of deal that you got. Are you keeping it, or going to resale it?

I paid $8,500 at a auction in Florida. I was an online bidder. Seemed like a great deal even it I could not inspect it since it only had 28K miles on it. It had a start stall issue which was only a crank position sensor. BTW, O'Riely's sells a Borg Warner one with a liftetime guarantee for $54.00 The inter looks brand new and it perfect except for the smell. The only issue on the extrerior is the bumper covers have lots of rash but not a single door ding. I bought bumper covers from a 2009 and am coverting it to the 2007 - 2009 facelift version.

After posting this I went to the parts store and bought some a/c vent cleaner and some Maguires odor eliminater. This was after spending all day cleaning the entire interior. It doesn't have any odors now but if it comes back I am going to use Natures Miracle in the seats. Mercedes uses thay perforated leather so smells can easily get into the padding. I will post pictures when I have some time.

tighed1 06-25-2011 11:07 PM

I imagine 180 would know how to deal with this. :rolleyes:

bmorgan 06-26-2011 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by tighed1
I imagine 180 would know how to deal with this. :rolleyes:

That is just so wrong...... Funny, but sooooo wrong. LOL

bmorgan 06-26-2011 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I paid $8,500 at a auction in Florida. I was an online bidder. Seemed like a great deal even it I could not inspect it since it only had 28K miles on it. It had a start stall issue which was only a crank position sensor. BTW, O'Riely's sells a Borg Warner one with a liftetime guarantee for $54.00 The inter looks brand new and it perfect except for the smell. The only issue on the extrerior is the bumper covers have lots of rash but not a single door ding. I bought bumper covers from a 2009 and am coverting it to the 2007 - 2009 facelift version.

After posting this I went to the parts store and bought some a/c vent cleaner and some Maguires odor eliminater. This was after spending all day cleaning the entire interior. It doesn't have any odors now but if it comes back I am going to use Natures Miracle in the seats. Mercedes uses thay perforated leather so smells can easily get into the padding. I will post pictures when I have some time.

Wow, Bob.... That is an awesome deal. I need to find me a great deal on an 07 CLS550. :D

oledoc2u 06-26-2011 07:22 AM

nice buy.....I just shared this with the two deputies that just went off-duty...they got a kick out of it....too bad the culprit wasn't here.....lol....hope this works, if it does, we will try some Maquires...;)

LantanaTX 06-26-2011 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
nice buy.....I just shared this with the two deputies that just went off-duty...they got a kick out of it....too bad the culprit wasn't here.....lol....hope this works, if it does, we will try some Maquires...;)

Still smells OK this morning. Doc, if this works for you, you will have to keep the offender out of the car.

Here are some pics:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/backseat.jpg

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...ana/photo1.jpg

Attachment 44566

LantanaTX 06-26-2011 08:13 AM

Here is a response I got on MB World form a pro detailer. Seems like a great idea. I like the idea of using a hypodermic needle to inject an enzyme cleaner straight into the foam through the perforated leather. The only problem is that there are probably 1000 little holes in each seat. :

Use an enzyme cleaner (Original Sporiclean) dampen a clean micro fibre towel Wipe down the cushion, from the centre of the spot outward. Turn the cloth often, and rinse and re-moisten when it shows any soil. It depends on how liquid the puke was; with liquid it’s difficult it is to eradicate the smell completely.

The foam or other stuffing may have soaked up stomach acid and may require that you inject an enzyme cleaner, however if this does not remove the odour foam replacement may be necessary

Hypodermic Injector

Finally, a way to destroy those lingering odours that are impossible to reach, this device will inject any liquid odour counteracting agent or disinfectant deep into upholstery foam or carpet padding. Top of the Line (TOTL)

SparkieSRT6 06-26-2011 08:14 AM

[quote=LantanaTX]Still smells OK this morning.

Hopefully stays that way but I would also dangle a couple of those "New Car Scent" air fresheners under the seats for a couple weeks. Leave the windows open if kept in the garage and the scent will move around really well.

Car looks great for the $$$$ :)

InfernoRedXfire 06-26-2011 08:58 AM

The car looks great Bob. Fantastic find!

LantanaTX 06-26-2011 09:07 AM

Here is a picture of a what the facelift will look like.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a.../2009front.jpg

oledoc2u 06-26-2011 10:08 AM

great find...it will be worth it....even if you have to replace the seat cushions....for the record, we did try a sporicide from the hospital's supply room...it worked for awhile, but , you are right. Our offender keeps coming back....lol

mdaniels4 06-27-2011 06:47 AM

There's a better product out there, called Atmosclear. They sell it at ACE hardware. I use it all the time on pet smells. even sometimes spraying the dogs themselves with it. The stuff bonds with organic smelling agents and neutralizes it better than nature's science.

anyway great find Bob, really nice car.

bigblock427 06-27-2011 11:39 AM

Dont' know if these biological and chemical thinks really work, because they have to go through the perforated leather. And as far as i know there is also a fabric layer between leather and foam. The injector idea is o.k., but i'm not convinced that it really works. Think the best way is to put out the seats, pull off the leather, clean, or better replace the foam parts and reassemble everything.

Very nice car.

Regards from germany
Markus

tighed1 06-27-2011 12:32 PM

Bought our Camry on Ebay. When I picked it up it had a zillion of those tree air freshener thingys, a spray bottle of Ozium, a spray bottle of orange air freshener and a bunch of additional air fresheners in the car.
While driving down the highway back to Arizona I HAD to roll down the windows because I was getting a headache from the fumes.

Once home I totally detailed the car and noticed the floor mats had dark brown stains that someone attemped to shampoo out. Left the car open for days to air out the freshener smells and an odor that the seller was masking appeared. OMG.

Pretty sure someone died in the car and the brown stains were probably blood. Emails and calls to the seller when unanswered. It took many, many months before you could forget the smell. Glad the wife took the Camry from me and made me buy a Crossfire!