Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Door dings?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door dings?

Need some advice. My son owns a new Jetta and today at the school parking lot some idiot decided to dent his front door. Is there anyway you can get small dents repaired without going to a body shop? Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Door dings?

Originally Posted by kmag50
Need some advice. My son owns a new Jetta and today at the school parking lot some idiot decided to dent his front door. Is there anyway you can get small dents repaired without going to a body shop? Any help is appreciated.
Try "Dent Wizzard" or look under "Paintless dent removal". I've had great luck with Dent Wizzard Kent.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Try "Dent Wizzard" or look under "Paintless dent removal". I've had great luck with Dent Wizzard Kent.
Thanks for the advice. I think he is going to check with the paintless dent removal idea at a local body shop. Apparently they are into that. Again, thanks for the response. Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods. Kent

Old 04-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular

Have you ever notice...no matter how far out you park your car NOT to get any car dents...that when you come back the entire parking lot is empty except for aroung the Crossfire????? Murphy's law?

Kj

Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

My daughter learned from me -- when in high school she would park her A4 far away from anyone in an inconvenient area of the parking lot. After a while, a couple other Audis and the newer Mustangs would park in the same area. She did not have a door ding until she took it to college where parking is a lot less available. My wife is used to me parking 20 cars from anybody at the supermarket (and never downhill where shopping carts could get me) and walking, no matter whether it is 90o summer or below zero winter. My 2003 A6 has only two small dings (at 206k) and there are none on the Crossies.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM

Has anyone gotten quotes for the paintless dent repair

Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 PM

I've found that it can vary widely from dealer to dealer, and where the ding is located. Door, fender, rear 1/4 panel. Some area's are easier to get behind than other places.
I've paid as little as $25 to as high as $80. Now this was quite some time ago so todays prices may be different.
As long as the dent isn't on a body line or crease they can usually make them disappear. I've always been very satisified with the results.
Good Luck

Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by redliner
Has anyone gotten quotes for the paintless dent repair
Helps to know the guys or tell the dealer you " know" the owner and you usually get a deal. I've been charged $75 for two dents fixed on door and spine between windows. The best is to go to a guy that repairs the dents for the dealerships but isn't employed by the dealership. I took my car to the dealership for a fix on my last one. Payed $150 for one dent there. Never doing that again. Sucks working at a busy golf course.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a very small one at a restaurant. I had it fixed at my work parking lot by the guy from Paint Bull Express.

$50.00

But I WILL not have a defect like that. The guy said he could see it after repair. But, for the life of me...I can't!

Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM

i brought a POP A DENT at the parts store for 20 bucks works great

Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 PM

I had some small dings fixed this way a few years ago. At the time it was $50.00 a panel. The tech told me that price was good if there was just one ding or if there were five on any single panel. that was a few years ago.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 PM

I just had a guy from Dent pro come out and do both my doors. I had multiple dents. Not sure how they got there I park away from cars. None the less he worked his magic and the doors look good as new. Charged me $143 for the whole job.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:15 PM

I nearly" threw a rod" when this lady's kid opened up on my new mini van. As a Ex detailer I spent a lot of time and effort keeping in PERFECT shape as it was my first new vehicle. All she could say was sorry. %$&@

Old 10-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Forum Regular

A couple of years ago, I bought a CNG Civic from the government, it only had 18k miles but it must have had forty dings, at that time it was $40 a panel in Fresno, CA. I believe it's still the same. The guy did a great job.

I think people are a lot more careful than they used to be. Thirty years ago, people would just swing their doors open without a care.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by americanretrodave
A couple of years ago, I bought a CNG Civic from the government, it only had 18k miles but it must have had forty dings, at that time it was $40 a panel in Fresno, CA. I believe it's still the same. The guy did a great job.

I think people are a lot more careful than they used to be. Thirty years ago, people would just swing their doors open without a care.

Doors didn't ding 30 yrs ago.. They were tanks back then.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by mmountainbiker
Doors didn't ding 30 yrs ago.. They were tanks back then.
Oh yes they did.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Oh yes they did.
Yes indeed, bought a new '76 280z and watched a guy slam his truck door into it (from my seat in Sambos) less than two hours old, (we had words). Bumper strips on cars were common, it was bad in those days.

Dave

Old 10-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Forum Regular

Went to nubble light, parking was tight,. I parked next to a 61 Caddy, in very nice shape. I thought they would be careful because the Caddy was collectable. NOT,...got a nice big dent in my door. Some folks just don't give a ****.

Last edited by Abaton6; 01-02-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Abaton6
Went to nubble light, parking was tight,. I parked next to a 61 Caddy, in very nice shape. I thought they would be careful because the Caddy was collectable. NOT,...got a nice big dent in my door. Some folks gust don't give a ****.
What are you going to do? Paintless dent removal?
I never had to get it done on my Xfire but I had 1 dent in the passenger door when I bought the car and on a recent wash I noticed one turned into three now!!
Going to see if I can find a guy in the yellow pages to fix this for me. What should the price be? They are door dings, not very big!

Old 10-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Forum Regular

I gotta guy, took out three from my trunk lid, three from the passenger door, two from drivers door and one from the hood. Total cost $100.

Quick Reply: Door dings?