CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Detail Shop (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/)
-   -   Brake Dust Pro from Dipyourcar.com (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/62842-brake-dust-pro-dipyourcar-com.html)

live2drive 08-14-2013 04:10 PM

Brake Dust Pro from Dipyourcar.com

4 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, so I've been trying out lots of new stuff on my car this summer and one of them was plasti-dipping my rims. I frequent the DipYourCar.com forums (DYC forums) and came across a brake dust remover that was a simple spray on, wash off type deal. heres the bottle:

Attachment 41573

And it's as simple as spray on, wait a minute or two, then spray them off.

dirty rims:

Attachment 41574

sprayed rims (turns red as it removes the brake dust) and I had A LOT of brake dust.

Attachment 41575

and the finished product.

Attachment 41576

Please pay no mind to the horrible curb rash from the previous owner lol. I did have to get a few small spots after washing off the "BDP" but I think that's because of the rediculous amount of brake dust that was on the wheels. I also want to point out that it removed the brake dust off my painted calipers and made them look great as well. Overall I'm pretty happy with the product other than the horrid smell it has. I mean honestly, it smells so bad that I had to place the bottle in a big ziplock bag so that I couldn't smell it.

rayth 08-15-2013 08:45 AM

Re: Brake Dust Pro from Dipyourcar.com

nice find, might help the SRT guys with the million spokes

live2drive 08-15-2013 09:26 AM

Hopefully it does. It was always a pain cleaning my n/a rims, I can imagine how hard it is to clean those srt rims.

BoilerUpXFire 08-15-2013 10:19 AM

Nice! I just received a gallon of dip, about to do three sets of wheels, this may come in handy, but I typically keep my wheels much more clean ;):D

Think about some different pads, the OEM ones dust like a mother...

live2drive 08-15-2013 10:39 AM

Yea, I plan on replacing them with rotex gold pads after these wear out. Maybe even sooner if I find a good deal on them. But that much dust can accumulate in less than a week or two, it's just so hard to keep up with it on these pads.

Mike-in-Orange 08-20-2013 04:33 PM

This is like the Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner, Car Pro Iron-X and some others that turn color as they attack the ferrous particles. Iron-X can even be sprayed over the entire paint surface of a car that has heavy bonded contaminants and makes claying of those surfaces much faster, if not completely unnecessary. They all smell absolutely horrid, no doubt about it, but they work well (if a bit slowly) and are safe on even delicate highly polished billet aluminum. This particular product, at $20 for a 32 oz bottle, is actually a pretty decent deal.

rayth 08-21-2013 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange (Post 754353)
This is like the Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner, Car Pro Iron-X and some others that turn color as they attack the ferrous particles. Iron-X can even be sprayed over the entire paint surface of a car that has heavy bonded contaminants and makes claying of those surfaces much faster, if not completely unnecessary. They all smell absolutely horrid, no doubt about it, but they work well (if a bit slowly) and are safe on even delicate highly polished billet aluminum. This particular product, at $20 for a 32 oz bottle, is actually a pretty decent deal.

so you're saying I can spray instead of clay? sounds much more efficient

Mike-in-Orange 09-06-2013 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 754471)
so you're saying I can spray instead of clay? sounds much more efficient

It's not a full replacement for claying if the car needs a serious clay treatment, but use it regularly and you can put off claying for a very long time.