Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

best wax for SSB crossfire

Old 04-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best wax for SSB crossfire

Just thought I would start a new color thread, lol. I just bought some Eagle One Wax Gel and got their Car wash for free. It will do in a pinch but definitly not the best choice for protection. Cheers

Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: best wax for SSB crossfire

Ive been using all mothers california gold products so far. always been a fan of mothers stuff. But meguiars has some nice higher end stuff as well.

If you want to do a buff and polish, ive always used the 3m 3 stage buffing system when i do paintjobs and such after wetsanding. Ill probably go at the car with the 3m 3rd stage micro polish/fine swirl mark remover this spring, just to bump up the shine a bit.

If you want more info let me know, ill list out the p/n's of the 3m stuff.

If you want to go all the way check out swissvax products lol

Old 04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I just put a wax on my alabaster last week. had two old cans sitting around. One was eagle 1 soft wax and the other was Maguires carnuba that had dried in the can. the eagle looked watery from separation. so I mixed the two together, smashing the carnuba to smooth in thee other and well mixed it. Applied it and may have found a new formula by mistake because there was very little dusting and the shine I got off it was one of the prettiest glosses I have ever seen. even after a week of lousy weather it still glows thru the dirt. No swirls, no streaking.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sik Srt-6

If you want to do a buff and polish, ive always used the 3m 3 stage buffing system when i do paintjobs and such after wetsanding. Ill probably go at the car with the 3m 3rd stage micro polish/fine swirl mark remover this spring, just to bump up the shine a bit.

Sounds like you're doing rotary work there. No doubt the 3M stuff is great for that use, but have you tried cutting your process down to two steps - Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound and M205 Ultra Finishing Polish? Killer stuff.

And if you're looking to do a little spring cleaning and just do the finishing step, try the M205 on a foam finishing pad at no more than 1000 rpm. Work it for a good long time and I think you'll love the level of clarity it will give you.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been using all mothers california gold products so far. always been a fan of mothers stuff. But meguiars has some nice higher end stuff as well.

1265.00 for 200ml of the carnauba wax. I'll take 2 of those (what the hell is in it)

Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roctech
1265.00 for 200ml of the carnauba wax. I'll take 2 of those (what the hell is in it)

Its from a special carnauba palm tree that they water with champagne. ahahah

They got some stuff in the 100$ range that some what got my attention, i really wonder if its all that much better then a standard good carnauba paste? It would be hard to get me to switch from the old school mother paste wax in a tin. I just love the smell of the stuff.

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Sounds like you're doing rotary work there. No doubt the 3M stuff is great for that use, but have you tried cutting your process down to two steps - Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound and M205 Ultra Finishing Polish? Killer stuff.

Yea the 3m perfect-it "ultrafine machine polish" stage 3, is really designed for a swirl free finish on darker colored vehicles, Meguiars probably has a equivalent. You could most definitely just do the first 2 stages. I only got the 3rd stage because i did a guys golf cart with this dark graphite titanium paint, very similar to the x-fires graphite colour, and the 3rd stage was like looking into a mirror. I just couldn’t believe it myself. lol.

Im going to guess that the Meguiars stuff is more readily available to end users then trying to get the 3m stuff. Both are awesome and professional level products. But both do cost around $150-350 to get the whole system up and running with the pads, and different compounds, rotary buffer. But a little goes a long way. Youll end up being your local neighbourhood detail and shine guy.

Oh yea, one thing, if possible try and stick with a foam pad. If you go with a wool, be carefull.

Last edited by Sik Srt-6; 04-14-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Its from a special carnauba palm tree that they water with champagne. ahahah

They got some stuff in the 100$ range that some what got my attention, i really wonder if its all that much better then a standard good carnauba paste? It would be hard to get me to switch from the old school mother paste wax in a tin. I just love the smell of the stuff.

Yea the 3m perfect-it "ultrafine machine polish" stage 3, is really designed for a swirl free finish on darker colored vehicles, Meguiars probably has a equivalent. You could most definitely just do the first 2 stages. I only got the 3rd stage because i did a guys golf cart with this dark graphite titanium paint, very similar to the x-fires graphite colour, and the 3rd stage was like looking into a mirror. I just couldn’t believe it myself. lol.

Im going to guess that the Meguiars stuff is more readily available to end users then trying to get the 3m stuff. Both are awesome and professional level products. But both do cost around $150-350 to get the whole system up and running with the pads, and different compounds, rotary buffer. But a little goes a long way. Youll end up being your local neighbourhood detail and shine guy.

Oh yea, one thing, if possible try and stick with a foam pad. If you go with a wool, be carefull.
I need to get sometime to give mr srt6 a nice going over. Swirlmarks out the butt. Previous owner must've taken it through some horrific carwashes

Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by roctech
It's base is unicorn ear wax, so you can see that it's coming from a very scarce supply.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Lucky for me my neighbour raises unicorns.........free supply of earwax!

Old 08-19-2015, 08:51 AM

I just got my crossfire and have gotten jazzed into making shine like a diamond. The problem is due to my inexperience, I don't know how shinier it can get. I do notice orange peel so I have to drop 22$ and get clay. Will that give me the mirror image I long for?
Thanks
Alex