CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Detail Shop (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/)
-   -   Which DUSTER to use? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/70765-duster-use.html)

Mackel 03-09-2015 12:37 PM

Which DUSTER to use?

Thought about buying a California Duster for the roadster but it seems that a hand Swiffer would also
do the job cheaper and is disposable.

Any reason why I should not use a Swiffer Duster on the car?

DTMenace 03-09-2015 03:14 PM

Re: Which DUSTER to use?

Originally Posted by Mackel (Post 829195)
Thought about buying a California Duster for the roadster but it seems that a hand Swiffer would also
do the job cheaper and is disposable.

Any reason why I should not use a Swiffer Duster on the car?

Mackel
If you want to add scratches to the paint, create swirls and any other imperfections, use the California Duster or any other brand of duster.

Buy a premium bundle of Micro Fiber towels and good brand of detail spray, for removing dust from the Crossfire's paint. Spray some detail spray onto the micro fiber towel to moisten it before you start "dusting off" your car. Remove the nylon thread (cut off) from the edges of the micro fiber towel, since it will create scratches as well.;)
Good Luck...
Dennis
DTMenace

penderd@att.net 03-09-2015 07:41 PM

I clean the dust and lint from the cloth top with a clothing roller that you remove the layers of tape to refresh. It also lifts the nap of the fabric and ten min. later just like new. Calf. duster for the paint.

penderd@att.net 03-09-2015 07:43 PM

I would be afraid of scratches but have not tried it. swifter that is.

LagDan 03-11-2015 05:27 PM

The best scratch free duster I know off and been using regularly since 1973 is a hand made product from France since 1947 . . . La véritable lustreuse Nénette - Nénette

Searh for " Nénette " and is chemical recharge " Nénetol " . . . product and brush available on England 's Ebay .

Daniel

syfi 03-11-2015 10:54 PM

Griot's Ultimate Micro Fiber Car Duster

Ultimate Micro Fiber Car Duster - Cleaning Tools - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

Mackel 03-13-2015 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by syfi (Post 829518)

Thanks, SYFI. I like the looks of that one.

onehundred80 03-13-2015 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by LagDan (Post 829485)
The best scratch free duster I know off and been using regularly since 1973 is a hand made product from France since 1947 . . . La véritable lustreuse Nénette - Nénette

Searh for " Nénette " and is chemical recharge " Nénetol " . . . product and brush available on England 's Ebay .

Daniel

I recall something like that being used in the UK in the late forties or early fifties. I never saw it later though. It looks good, I have the Californication one, actually two, the big and small one.

onehundred80 03-24-2015 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by DTMenace (Post 829209)
Mackel
If you want to add scratches to the paint, create swirls and any other imperfections, use the California Duster or any other brand of duster.

Buy a premium bundle of Micro Fiber towels and good brand of detail spray, for removing dust from the Crossfire's paint. Spray some detail spray onto the micro fiber towel to moisten it before you start "dusting off" your car. Remove the nylon thread (cut off) from the edges of the micro fiber towel, since it will create scratches as well.;)
Good Luck...
Dennis
DTMenace

Used properly the Californication Duster will not scratch the paint, you do not put any weight on the brush just lightly let the ends of the brush touch the paint and the dust adheres to it. Works for me.

I saw one dufus at a car show scrubbing his paintwork with one like he was scrubbing a floor.
:eek:

ala_xfire 03-24-2015 01:25 PM

I have this one too - works great !

rogrenz 04-22-2015 04:20 AM

I use duster and no marring whatsoever. I just apply light sweeping motion and no rubbing.

Mackel 04-22-2015 11:57 AM

I have discovered that our household vacuum works great to get dust and lint off the convertible top.
Its a canister vacuum (of course, an upright would not be feasible). Just use the small attachment with
the brush. Since the hose is too short to reach the top with the canister on the floor, I hold the canister
in my left hand, drape the hose behind my back and over my right shoulder so it doesn't rub against the
car and hold the end of the hose with the attachment in my right hand. Starting against the windshield
reach out about midway of the roof and drag the attachment end toward you just barely touching the top.

Don't push it - just pull it. Don't want to be overly aggressive. Just repeat this until you've done all of it.

Remember - pull it toward you. Don't push. And use very light pressure.

The pollen in my area is peak and even though the car is garaged all the time, the yellow dust is everywhere.
This is relatively easy and does a great job.

sander 05-07-2015 10:04 PM

I still use California duster in dusting the whole vehicle, for larger debris I use a leaf blower to remove it.

Padgett 05-08-2015 09:45 AM

I liked the ones with the 340.