Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Crystal Guard - You Will Say Goodbye to Wax Forever

Old 07-03-2003, 03:08 AM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Crystal Guard - You Will Say Goodbye to Wax Forever

Crystal Guard

I would like to let everyone know about a very interesting car care product for your Crossfire. It is called Crystal Guard. I have heard very good things about this on other forums, and people who have used it seem to swear by it. Here is some information about Crystal Guard:

The Latest Advancement in Paint Protection technology

In a class by itself with its unique polymerization process, CrystalGuard combines glass and fluorine fibers to create a distinct crystal layer over the entire body of your vehicle, creating a premium crystalline shine with maximum protection.

¥ 800% more durable than other leading brands

¥ Brightness: upon application, an increase in shine is 33% more predominate

¥ Shields against UV rays, salt, air, snow, sleet, insects, road film, bird droppings, pine pitch, harsh detergents and contaminants

¥ Once Crystalguard is applied, the need to wax is eliminated

For further information: (650) 969-9946 / www.crystalguard.com
I decided to contact Crystal Guard about advertising this product on CrossfireForum.org. They were obviously interested. They are going to send me some free samples so I can review it. Obviously they are paying me money to advertise their product, so my review could be taken as biased. Here is what they suggested:

They are going to send me 3 extra samples to send to 3 interested members of this forum. These samples will be free to these members, except that they will have to post their honest, unbiased opinions of the product in this thread. The first three members (with Crossfires) to e-mail or PM me with their address will be selected. Anyone else who would like to buy the product and try it out is also welcome to post their review here.

This is supposedly an amazing product. I will receive my sample next week and post a review within a few days. If you would like more information, I suggest checking out their website at http://www.crystalguard.com

- CrossfireForum.org Webmaster

Old 07-10-2003, 02:26 PM
imported_mightyjlr

All of the samples of CrystalGuard are reserved. Thanks to all that offered to help.

Old 07-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone try this yet???

I've heard nothing but great things on other forums, but curious if any tried on Crossfire yet??

Old 07-19-2003, 12:36 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Three members will be getting their samples soon. I was supposed to get them this week, but there was miscommunication with Crystal Guard, and they will be sending them out next week. They wanted me to wait until the forum got bigger to offer free samples, so more people would get to see the results. My fault. We will probably be doing another three samples at a later date, so if you're interested and would like a free sample if we do this, let me know.

Old 08-21-2003, 02:22 PM

So have any of the members tried the product yet? I'd like to hear a few reviews. The Quick sample that was given out to test were enough to last about 4-5 months. I'd recommend re-applying it every month or so to keep the brilliance of the coat...that's what most people do anyways. Multi-layering seems to be a popular method to this product.

So let me know... :?:

Old 08-28-2003, 01:59 PM

I hope to try my sample this Saturday.
I'll let you know how it works.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:53 PM

I'll be trying the Crystal Guard Quick this weekend. Weather permitting.
I plan on doing the CGQ on the passenger side door and Zanio ZFX/Z2 on the Drivers side. I'll post some Before & After Picks of each too see if there is a difference. Then I'll I do the entire car with which ever looks better.

I did the CGQ on the rear quarter of my SSB 6 Speed before I traded it.
for the Automatic. It looked really good and was very easy to apply.

Old 08-31-2003, 04:06 PM

Started my Great Labor Day weekend WAX OFF. Washed the car with Dawn Dish Washing Liquid to clean off all the factory/dealer wax. Wpied it dry with my Brand new, Fireld Crest 100% Cotton, made in the USA $22.00 Towels. Glad my wife didn't see that. Have to cut them up in smaller pieces before she sees them, They'll be just plain old "car wash rags then! Car looks great, smells pretty good too.

Next step will be to take some before" pictures.

Old 09-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Default CrystalGuard is OK

Well, the car looked great - a little dirty - before and, it also looked great after I used the CrystalGuard yesterday.

I can't say that it made a big difference, but the car does look great!

Old 09-02-2003, 07:09 AM

Completed the passenger side of my Alabaster Fun Car Saturday. It was extremely easy to use. So easy in fact, I cant believe it would provide the protection they say it will - I guess that's progress. Been using elbow grease for 40 years. So CGQ seems to easy. No pain - no gain mentality.

I agree with X-fire, it did improve the gloss some, but not great. got rained out on the Zanio.

Crystal Guard quick is incredibably easy to apply. For a "quick and easy protection" and shine it's great. If it works as advertised, it will provide great protection too. 8) 8) 8)

Old 09-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Forum Regular

Let us know how the Zaino side turns out....

Old 09-02-2003, 01:29 PM

The ease of application has been the biggest compliment for the Quick product. The protection and shine should last you 1-2 months. If you use the CG Wash, which also has a bit of the Quick chemicals in the shampoo, you'll notice the coat will last longer and improve...

Glas to hear it works well...

Old 09-02-2003, 10:19 PM

Rained again today. I haven't done the Zanio on the Crossfire yet but have used it on my PT Crusier for two Years. It gives a deep luster. The Crystal Guard is a lot easier. Gives a good shine with almost no effort. I was suprised how easy it was. So if you want a an easy shine use the Crystal Guard. Hard core profectionist will probably want the deep luster provided by Zanio, but its a lot of work. The CG took 10 minutes. The zanio will probably take two days. I am gona clean the finish witt the Clay Bar first, then apply the Z2 with FSX. I've been using the Z1/Z2 combo on my Pt Crusier, but eneryone says the ZFX is better(easier) to apply. I'll post some before and after picks for the CG quick if it doesn't rain tomorrow. CG says the shine improveds after a day or two, and it did look better today.

Keep the Car in the Garage on Rainy days, and its rained almost every day for the past two months.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:27 PM

Jimbo,

Have you tried any further testing?

Old 09-12-2003, 10:23 AM

No, but hope to do it this weekend

Old 09-12-2003, 03:27 PM

Started the Zanio job today. Washed the car with Dawn. Cleaned the paint with Z-18 (Clay Bar) Applied Z2 Polish with ZXF addative, buffed it with a 100%, made in the USA, Cotton Towel, then wiped it down with Z6 detail/gloss enhanser. It took me about 3 hours.

Compared to the Crystal Guad Quick (CGQ) , the Zanio (Z) was obiously a lot more work. But, the is finish better, a lot more debth. I am not done yet plan on applying two more coats of the Z2 tomorrow, probablty take me another 2 hours.

I'll post some picks in my photo gallery to compare those of the CGQ, don't know if you'll be able see the difference in the photos. CGQ provides a high gloss. Z provides a mirrow like gloss, more detail & debth to the reflection.

As I said eariler, the CGQ is much easier and provides a good shine. The Z process is a lot more work. If you want the best shine and don't mind a lot of work Z is for you. A little Lazy or pressed for time and just want a really good shine go for the CGQ it's a lot easier and does a good job.

So I'd actually recomend both:CGQ - Quick & Easy - Z - for the Profectionist.

Old 09-13-2003, 04:32 PM

Posted some Picks, check out my gallery. 8) 8) 8)

Old 10-04-2003, 11:43 AM

Well, I must say that altho I didn't notice a big difference immediately after I used the CrystalGuard......WOW!

After a good rain the water was BEADED UP like I have NEVER seen before on a car!!!

I am very pleased because I surmise that my XX Fire is better protected. 8)

Old 11-24-2003, 05:36 PM

so how is the CG looking these days? Are you maintaining the coat with the Quick product?

Old 04-13-2004, 01:53 PM

20% off CrystalGuard maintenance products for the next two weeks of April. Use discount code CGSPRINGSPECIAL...Quick, Wash, and Maintenace kits...

Quick Reply: Crystal Guard - You Will Say Goodbye to Wax Forever