Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Can my back convertible window be resealed?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can my back convertible window be resealed?

Someone tried to break in to my crossfire. They pushed the bottom of the back glass window from the convertible top. I have been everywhere and no one will fix this. I have full coverage insurance and I don't want a whole new top but if I have to I will. Please let me know if anyone has had there convertible top fixed instead of being replaced. I went to a Chrysler dealer and they said they can't even get a new top for my 2005 car. I am just sick about this, please help me if you can

Old 07-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Can my back convertible window be resealed?

I don't know of anyone who can fix this, but you. There are several threads on here of people fixing their own windows. There are several post on how to do it, and product to use.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:23 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

3M Window-Weld (08609). Autozone has it.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/396080-post19.html

Old 07-30-2017, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cveley84
Someone tried to break in to my crossfire. They pushed the bottom of the back glass window from the convertible top. I have been everywhere and no one will fix this. I have full coverage insurance and I don't want a whole new top but if I have to I will. Please let me know if anyone has had there convertible top fixed instead of being replaced. I went to a Chrysler dealer and they said they can't even get a new top for my 2005 car. I am just sick about this, please help me if you can
We have a guy in Houston who can replace the Rear window in a convertible top rather than renew the whole top BUT last checked, cost $900, expensive BUT. ??? Don't expect you to consider using this guy, BUT if you approach a Local upholstery guy, they MAY have similar capabilities. The high cost is justified by the fact that they have to remove the whole top from the car to be able to do the repair, and replace when complete. Takes about a day or so to complete. Still MUCH cheaper than a new top. ????

Old 07-30-2017, 10:35 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Still MUCH cheaper than a new top. ????

Old 07-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cveley84
Someone tried to break in to my crossfire. They pushed the bottom of the back glass window from the convertible top.
FYI - The rear window adhesive will fail on ALL OEM Crossfire roadster tops eventually. It's not likely that anyone tried to break into your car (at least not in that manner). You have a 12 year old convertible. My suggestion would be to put a new top on it and save the aggravation of trying to repair the rear window in your old (and getting older) top. I've been there / done that / it was very messy and trying to do the repair turned out to be a total waste of time and effort.

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-30-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:06 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

The OP posted this question twice 12 days ago and has not answered, I'd say this thread was a dead horse not worth beating anymore.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:25 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

But I love beating dead horses, they don't kick back