Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

A question for the magnaflow owners...

Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default A question for the magnaflow owners...

Regarding the "Magnaflow" lettering on the tips, is it stamped in or painted on?

I'm looking to do a tip change, and I want it to look custom yet OEM... in other words, no free advertising.

I'd change mufflers, but I absolutely love the euro, drone-free sound of the Ansa. From what I've heard, the Magna and Megan mufflers both drone substantially.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: A question for the magnaflow owners...

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Regarding the "Magnaflow" lettering on the tips, is it stamped in or painted on?

I'm looking to do a tip change, and I want it to look custom yet OEM... in other words, no free advertising.

I'd change mufflers, but I absolutely love the euro, drone-free sound of the Ansa. From what I've heard, the Magna and Megan mufflers both drone substantially.
If you want that deep sounds, get the magnaflow, but it is louder for sure. With the 6mt you can control that noise quite well.

The letters are able to be polished off on the muffler I had, but I did not have the catback system, I assume it would be the same, but I will let someone with one of those chime in to confirm.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just kept the stock tips, but will change them out when I find something suitable. Maybe some amg ovals slanted to fit, or some tight fitting quads, lol

Old 01-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
I just kept the stock tips, but will change them out when I find something suitable. Maybe some amg ovals slanted to fit, or some tight fitting quads, lol
I've considered quads, but I can't imagine a sano way to make it work. A pair of dual-walled, angle-cut ovals sounds amazing, but I just don't want to "advertise" for an exhaust company best known for F-bods and Mustangs... no offense to either marque.

The stock tips are just a PITA to keep clean, so much so I may end up just powdercoating the WHOLE tip/muffler in matte black.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly John, there's quite a bit of "wiggle" room when you install the cat back. I put mine on quite far....... the Magnaflow Performance lettering was hardly visible, hidden by the bumper.

Just going from memory, I believe they are laser etched. Granted, you can polish that off if you work at it a bit.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I've considered quads, but I can't imagine a sano way to make it work.
John, I have been told by a member that put quad tips on his car, that he had no muffler where it was intended to go. He had the muffler located in front of the rear axle, kinda like the resonator on an SRT6. Someone photoshopped this pic and posted it for me. Looks kina busy I think and let the idea go.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM

John, if you get the muffler tips set flush with rear opening, you won't know the wording is there. This is not the 16633 set up.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 PM

John, here is a quad setup. Notice only the center two pipes have exhaust smoke coming out of them when he revs it.

YouTube - Quad Crossfire Exhaust

Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=JHM2K]Regarding the "Magnaflow" lettering on the tips, is it stamped in or painted on?

John, I just went into the garage and checked, I found it tough to find or read the lettering on the tips. I love the Magna Flow had it for 2 years now.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:15 PM

Good to know guys... I'm considering a few options, I'm in no real rush now as it is purely in consideration of style. I'm totally in love with the tone of the ANSA.