CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   Fuel Injectors / Rail (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/17119-fuel-injectors-rail.html)

HDDP 08-01-2007 07:28 PM

Fuel Injectors / Rail

6 Attachment(s)
This is for Simon, but thought I would share with the forum...

I pulled the fuel rail and injectors to get product numbers and hopefully flow rates... Photos to follow... There is definitely the MB logo again, like everything else, and the MB part number is also stamped on one side A1120780149... On the other side is this number 0280156014... At the wire connection point are 3 separate code numbers imbedded in the plastic housing (060) or (090) and (391) and (D) I'm assuming the (060) or (090) depending how you look at it, is the flow rate...

I also found the same unusual logo that was stamped into the 02 sensors and it is so small that I am unable to get a decent photo... I'm guessing it's the Bosch logo... It is a circle that has "II" in the center with a conical top and bottom attached to the "II"... I know this is a tough one, but any ideas ?

HDDP 08-01-2007 07:37 PM

Re: Fuel Injectors / Rail

BTW... They ARE 4 point injectors like I suspected...

MMZ_TimeLord 08-01-2007 08:36 PM

HDDP,

Here's a trick I learned with my digital camera.

1. Get closer than you are going to shoot (make sure your camera is in 'macro' mode if it has one.)
2. Push the shutter button down one click and hold it (not taking a picture, but activating the auto focus lock)
3. Move away slightly until the object you are really aiming at comes into focus and then press the shutter button the rest of the way down.

Looks like you are having WAY too much fun... :D

HDDP 08-01-2007 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, anything smaller than the cameras I do my job with and I don't have the patience...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1186017930

MMZ_TimeLord 08-01-2007 09:52 PM

Nice... :D

HDDP 08-01-2007 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, back to the real issue...

While I was doing my last tests I was having timing / fueling retard... This could come from pre-detonation... So, I swapped from Denso Iridium "hot" plugs to really "cold" AutoLite plugs... Still had no change... So, now I'm going to try a silly thing and install one "cold" plug and one "hot" plug per cylinder to see if my data changes...

Can you say WAY TOO MANY PLUGS ?
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1186019568

Maxwell 08-01-2007 10:54 PM

damn look at all those plugs. the cool thing about the duel plugs is that the flame speed is crazy fast, compared to single plug. you can run slower burning fuels like alcohol or propane instead of using that $58/gallon race gas where your paying for all that pop for no reason.

stallion8797 08-02-2007 09:53 AM

Hey HDDP, do you happen to know if the NA fuel system will support FI? Or if we have a returnless fuel system? I'm looking at getting some fuel system mods and the main thing we're looking at is improving it for some boost.

HDDP 08-02-2007 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by stallion8797
Hey HDDP, do you happen to know if the NA fuel system will support FI? Or if we have a returnless fuel system? I'm looking at getting some fuel system mods and the main thing we're looking at is improving it for some boost.

I don't know what you mean by "FI"... That usually means Fuel Injection... As far as the fuel rail, it's a single inlet, non-recirculating system... I haven't run a fuel pressure on the rail yet, but I think Woody has. I pulled the injectors to clean them and ship them off to Doug Garriott at Linder Technical Services http://www.lindertech.com/reconinj.htm to have them flow tested and balanced...

I'm thinking of building a split rail system with two fuel feeders out of billet aluminum that will house larger flow injectors... But fist I have to find-out what the flow rating of these injectors are and what the OEM fuel pump is rated at so I can get a higher pressure pump to handle dual lines and higher flow injectors... The hard part is going to be finding injectors that have the same pin-out and diameter as the OEM so they can be plug-n-play...

I'll keep the board informed as I get more information...

stallion8797 08-02-2007 11:47 AM

FI= Forced Induction. I'm doing exactly what you're looking into. We are having billet rails made up and a recirculating system fabbed. We're debating on adding the bigger injectors now with a stand alone to tune them back till the turbo gets on, or just waiting for the injectors and running stock ones for now.

I'd be interested to know the flow numbers when you get them back, may not need to change them anyway for the low boost I'm gonnna run (4-6 psi)

HDDP 08-02-2007 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE SAME BS WITH THIS CAR... I finally found the master list of specs for all the Bosch fuel injectors... But low-and-behold the only injector that has ZERO information, on the list of more than 100 is the injector they use on our car... WTF I'm getting sick of this !@ Also lists the engine type as a V6 2.6L That is either a typo, or the same injector is used on the SLK230.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1186072608
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1186072608

Sennaspirit 08-02-2007 12:53 PM

Derek,
Once again eh?
Have you been in touch with anyone in the MB club about this? Also, just for my info, i know that some have had contact with the MB 320 guys...but do we have a formal info share going with them yet?

Oh...and does anyone over there race their MB's? Just wanted to know.

Talk to you soon, keep hunting.

Senna/Dave

woody 08-02-2007 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the info Derek, I too have become very accustomed to trawling through tables of data only to find a blank, N/A, TBA or the like on the MB320/Crossfire line; you would swear it was a conspiracy to keep us Crossfire upstarts in our place. :D

Stallion: I measured the fuel rail pressure at 58 PSI.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1186084195

HDDP 08-02-2007 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by woody
Thanks for the info Derek, I too have become very accustomed to trawling through tables of data only to find a blank, N/A, TBA or the like on the MB320/Crossfire line; you would swear it was a conspiracy to keep us Crossfire upstarts in our place. :D

Stallion: I measured the fuel rail pressure at 58 PSI.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1186084195

Well if you want to add insult to injury, I placed a call to Bosch US and spoke with a technical rep that told me specifically, "these injectors were developed for Mercedes Benz exclusively and I cannot give you that information because it is proprietary to them"...

I then told him they were on a Crossfire and not a MB, so gimme the f-ing information... He said that he was not authorized the release this information...

He said the only way you can get this information is to contact MB directly... I then asked for a contact phone number and he said "sorry I don't have that information"...

WTF ?

woody 08-02-2007 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
Well if you want to add insult to injury, I placed a call to Bosch US and spoke with a technical rep that told me specifically, "these injectors were developed for Mercedes Benz exclusively and I cannot give you that information because it is proprietary to them"...

I then told him they were on a Crossfire and not a MB, so gimme the f-ing information... He said that he was not authorized the release this information...

He said the only way you can get this information is to contact MB directly... I then asked for a contact phone number and he said "sorry I don't have that information"...

WTF ?

Let me know if you draw a blank on the flow rate measurement and I do the test myself - its not too difficult. Don't worry too much about finding a higher flow replacement either; the injector nose is pretty standard (10mm from memory) and if you are fabbing up a rail then you can make to suit whatever injectors you get. You do need to make sure the coils are of about the same impedance to suit the ECU's driver circuitry though. Also there will not be a problem with the connector either, it will be a standard readily available Bosch 'Mini Timer' type and the wiring is not polarity sensitive.

HDDP 08-02-2007 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Derek,
Once again eh?
Have you been in touch with anyone in the MB club about this? Also, just for my info, i know that some have had contact with the MB 320 guys...but do we have a formal info share going with them yet?

Oh...and does anyone over there race their MB's? Just wanted to know.

Talk to you soon, keep hunting.

Senna/Dave

Yes Dave, we are stone walled again and it's really starting to piss me off...

As far as the MB forum... I think they have made the same headway that we have... I do think we have an open invitation to bounce forum information... I hope I didn't piss them off when I blasted 430 for saying we were cheap... :p

HDDP 08-02-2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by woody
Let me know if you draw a blank on the flow rate measurement and I do the test myself - its not too difficult. Don't worry too much about finding a higher flow replacement either; the injector nose is pretty standard (10mm from memory) and if you are fabbing up a rail then you can make to suit whatever injectors you get. You do need to make sure the coils are of about the same impedance to suit the ECU's driver circuitry though. Also there will not be a problem with the connector either, it will be a standard readily available Bosch 'Mini Timer' type and the wiring is not polarity sensitive.

Thanks Simon... I know that they are disc type that are "prone to clogging"... I'm sending them off today to get the flow testing... Should get them back in a week +/-

stallion8797 08-02-2007 05:10 PM

Well, I'll await your data HDDP.

And woody thanks for the fuel pressure.

Do we know the flow of the SRT-6 ones, or are they also on the banned list of publicly known parts?

HDDP 08-02-2007 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by stallion8797
Well, I'll await your data HDDP.

And woody thanks for the fuel pressure.

Do we know the flow of the SRT-6 ones, or are they also on the banned list of publicly known parts?

Woody and I have the N/A car... So if you want to pull your injectors and read the serial number, I will check them as well...

HDDP 08-03-2007 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
damn look at all those plugs. the cool thing about the duel plugs is that the flame speed is crazy fast, compared to single plug. you can run slower burning fuels like alcohol or propane instead of using that $58/gallon race gas where your paying for all that pop for no reason.

What are you talking about ? Have you heard of a knock sensor ? Do you know what it does ? Do you know anything about this engine ? Do you know that if the knock sensors detect any slight anomaly in the engine function that it will retard the timing and fueling ?

Gimme a break until you have some valuable information...