CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   Performance mods (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/19068-performance-mods.html)

RedRocket 10-27-2007 09:16 PM

Performance mods

I'm new to the Crossfire world and am wondering what kind of bolt ons are available for the N/A Crossfire. I was also looking into an aftermarket supercharger if the prices are reasonable. Any links would be appreciated.

Sidez 10-27-2007 10:09 PM

Re: Performance mods

www.Renntechmercedes.com
www.Evosport.com

are just a few tuners that work on the crossfire... cross-reference our cars with the 320s...

but do you research here or in other places because this has been discussed very very many times... before there are plenty of links for plenty of products...

CrossfireLTD 10-28-2007 12:02 AM

But be prepared to mortgage the farm...they are expensive, you will find that nothing comes cheap for our cars.

SRT6 Dan 10-28-2007 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by RedRocket
I'm new to the Crossfire world and am wondering what kind of bolt ons are available for the N/A Crossfire. I was also looking into an aftermarket supercharger if the prices are reasonable. Any links would be appreciated.

The cheapest performance mod if you want a Supercharger is to sell it and buy a USED SRT6 !

LantanaTX 10-28-2007 07:21 AM

Mosselman makes a supercharger system/kit for $4,500 based on the Vortech. They will have a roots style supercharger available after the first of the year which is similar to Kleeman's also for $4,500. I would wait for this one. If you talk to them they will tell you their kits are for the SLK320. They have never been under the hood of a Crossfire. The SLK320 kit will work on the Crossfire.

xfirecorea 10-29-2007 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Mosselman makes a supercharger system/kit for $4,500 based on the Vortech. They will have a roots style supercharger available after the first of the year which is similar to Kleeman's also for $4,500. I would wait for this one. If you talk to them they will tell you their kits are for the SLK320. They have never been under the hood of a Crossfire. The SLK320 kit will work on the Crossfire.

This is certainly excellent news!!! If it's like a Kleeman supercharger, I am assuming its an Eaton type supercharger with an integrated air-to-water intercooler...

LantanaTX, do you happen to know whether the new Mosselman will combine the intake manifold, supercharger and intercooler into one integrated unit? Cause if it does, it definitely will be as reliable as the Kleemann, at less than half the cost.

Any info would be quite appreciated!

MAYAman 10-30-2007 05:53 PM

^^^^I second this motion. Finished getting the supercharger for the Porsche so now its on to the next project which is my Xfire. If those prices are right, thats insane!!!!