CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   Pennzoil vs Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/51796-pennzoil-vs-mobile-1-synthetic-oil.html)

autumnmass 08-19-2011 10:56 AM

Pennzoil vs Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil

I recently went to the dealership for an oil change and they used Pennzoil synthetic oil rather than Mobile 1. Is this okay, or should I have it replaced with Mobile 1. Thank you.

Mimi05SRT6 08-19-2011 12:32 PM

Re: Pennzoil vs Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil

Pennzoil has a European Formula 0w-40 or 5w-40 oil? That's news to me. Was it synthetic at least?

autumnmass 08-19-2011 01:12 PM

It was the 5W-40 oil around $9.75 quart.

Bladecutter 08-25-2011 05:18 PM

Why do you think the Mobil 1 is better than the Pennzoil?
Both meet the 229.5 spec, so your engine isn't going to blow up on either oil.

BC.

Kodebuster 08-25-2011 05:42 PM

The Chysler Dealer where I purchased, also uses Pennzoil, rather than the Mobil1.

It's probably because they get a better wholesale price with Pennzoil, and with those guy's it's all about money, and how many ways they can separate it from the Customer.

As stated, they are rated okay, so either one will work just fine....

pizzaguy 08-25-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by autumnmass
It was the 5W-40 oil around $9.75 quart.

Again, WHICH synthetic? Find out and then go to Pennzoil's website and see if it meets the .3 or .5 spec. If it does, no problem. There are a LOT of oils that meet the spec. See Bladecuter's post!

arado 08-25-2011 06:54 PM

I have used Mobil 1 exclusively for 30 years. I trust it. It costs me $5.00 a quart at Walmart in a gallon jug. Gary:D

XfireBlake 08-25-2011 10:02 PM

I am an owner of 2 SRT 6 and work in the service dept for chyrsler. They only carry pennzoil now due to a deal;) They carry the regular synthetic but for a dollar more they have the european formula pennzoil ULTRA in 5W-40 and if Ferrari approves, then so do I:D

Mimi05SRT6 08-25-2011 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by XfireBlake
I am an owner of 2 SRT 6 and work in the service dept for chyrsler. They only carry pennzoil now due to a deal;) They carry the regular synthetic but for a dollar more they have the european formula pennzoil ULTRA in 5W-40 and if Ferrari approves, then so do I:D

Nice to know Blake. Didn't know you worked for Chrysler. You should move down here and work at my local Chrysler dealership and work on my car! :p