Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

BEGi Turbo Kit - I give (sorry)

Old 10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: BEGi Turbo Kit - I give (sorry)

dj that "friend" in co. has to be cory from kleeman. only supercharger outfit in co that deals in m/b. might call him first to see what he says about tuning. my .02 is get your car back screw the tuning theres other shops you can contact for that. call a lawyer this car will never drive out of his shop

Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Sorry to just come in here as I don't know the whole story and probably haven't even been actively reading on the forum for the time this has went on but why would a guy keep a car in his repair shop for 2.5 years? What is Corky's motives for all this? It sounds insane for someone to handle business in such a manner (unless he's a con or schizophrenic).

Where is this shop and what has he told you over the phone since you told him you want your car back immediately?
Don't get caught in the trap of waiting to long DJ!
You will be reading a long time. Basically, he promised a mock up and working turbo kit the the N/A xf, and it has never happened. One thing after another. Many were taken for deposits they will never see. Bad deal all the way around.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to stick it out for another month or so - or your car will come back with a very expensive box of parts. Looked good back in April (BEGi - Articles - Crossfire Turbo System - CP_Crossfire_turbo) With a little more pressure, he should finish this job. I believe Corky is the squeaky wheel type. After all, he is the expert in turbo and intercooler builds. Keep the faith and call him daily to see how he is feeling.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow! You have been much more patient than I could have been. I will be in the Houston area in two weeks and could stop by, take photos and/or arrange to take possession. I will also be near you in AZ @ Christmas and could possibly drive it to you. Shoot me a PM if you want to pursue this direction. I would be happy to help out.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Old 10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

So you did give them another chance? I really hope they will be able to finish the work asap and get you your car back (functioning). If all works out how much was the Turbo installation and what performance improvements did you expect from this?
I'm sorry, I haven't been on the forum long enough (actively) and following this project so please forgive my stupid questions in this respect.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 PM

Not another chance just what the hell else can I do other than go get my disassembled car?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Not another chance just what the hell else can I do other than go get my disassembled car?
Nothing.
Going the lawyer route would just cost you more money and the lawyers sure ain't gonna get the car running for you.
Making Corky mad wouldn't serve your best interest either.
Just keep kissing up till you have your baby back home.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:24 PM

I wouldn't stress about it right now. It has been a long time already. I don't agree, but it isn't my car. Just document everything from the get go, especially the money changing hands, and you have witnesses out the $$%^ for what was promised. I would still allow someone to drop by, take some photos, whatever, just to let them know, it's time to finish what you started. If it's health issues, we can all relate to that, just tell us. Tell you especially! Good luck DJ, and Good luck on the other thing as well. LET me know if you need anything.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After selling my Jeep and buying a VW GTI with a turbo I have gained a lot of turbo knowledge. While I agree that adding a RRR will aid in keeping fueling consistant under boost, it is in no way the most effective way to gain performance from a boosted setup. Yes, the computer can pull timing via the knock sensors, but it is limited in the amount of timing it can pull. My GTI can pull up to 10 degrees, which is on an ECU set up to handle boost, an ECU setup for NA might not be able to pull that much. Looking at the ignition timing maps in my GTI, they are so different from an NA setup its not funny.
There is also EGT monitoring that needs to be considered to prevent excessive lean conditions from melting parts.
You are probably better off picking the car up after the mechanical portion is finished and letting someone else deal with getting it running.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a tragedy the likes of which Shakespeare couldn't even imagine. Corky is the biggest troll in the industry, it seems. Fingers crossed it eventually gets worked out if that's the way you chose to go, DJ.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will be back in Houston the first week of November and would be happy to stop by and take some photos. Maybe doing so would put some fire under Corky's a$$ to complete it. Let me know.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:15 AM

Just having pictures of the car would be great. Not sure how accommodating Cork would be though.
Plus he's in San Antonio. Wish there was a way to light a fire under him. I bought the car 3 years ago Oct 20th. Had it for 3 months before handing it over to him. Jan will be 3 years that he has had the car.
Hmmm. Starting to see a pattern here. Maybe 3 years is when I get her back?????

3 years. UN f-ing BELIEVABLE!

Old 10-25-2014, 10:17 AM

DJ, I have a truckin' buddy who lives near San Antonio, so just let me know....... I can have him ride by there on his Harley and check the place out. But, 3 yrs, is just ridiculous. I can't believe it has been that long. Hope everything else is fine with you.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
DJ, I have a truckin' buddy who lives near San Antonio, so just let me know....... I can have him ride by there on his Harley and check the place out. But, 3 yrs, is just ridiculous. I can't believe it has been that long. Hope everything else is fine with you.
That long you should get your car back and any money paid.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dj its time to face reality. 3 yrs and no car. it will never be finished by this puke. go get your car and any thing else you can grab and sue this ******* into bankruptcy. its the only way you will ever see your car

Old 09-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

almost 1 year later.....

Old 09-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

What are the chances that this car has been forfeited using a Mechanics Lien using the excuse that it has been abandoned by the owner?
Just asking, wilder things have happened..

Old 09-13-2015, 04:34 PM

He is still actively communicating with DJ on a continued promise to deliver his car, turbo'd and running. If DJ has kept all the communication and hopefully something in writing as to the work to be performed, then no mechanic's lien would hold up in court. At this point it is a custom build, with obviously no penalty built into the agreement for a time frame of delivery. In other words, he can take as long as it takes. DJ will have to force the issue with an atty to get his car back. I can't see any money being returned, but it is his car.... If this were my car, I would contact a local repo guy and have him recover his car for a fee. Or, take the legal route with an atty... the repo guy will be cheaper. Just how I see it. I worked for a shop as a kid building pro stock chassis for the drag racing industry. We had several cars under construction at a time, and would also do alterations to existing chassis. Once in awhile a racer would lose their sponsor and not be able to pay the bill so to speak, at which time, the owner would seek a mechanics lien on the car. With the pure non road cars though, he would have to go to small claims court to seek restitution. It all takes a long time at least in Indiana. It's DJ's call, but I would have been on a road trip a long time ago... U Haul has trailer in the area I am sure

Old 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So do you pick up a busted car and call it one for the books as you drive away? I would think trying to get a statement of a firm completion date would at least give him a recourse to follow up on at that point. As I stated quite a ways back.. it's now a "Mexican standoff" over who cries uncle first and has to deal with a restitution or a lump on the head.

Quick Reply: BEGi Turbo Kit - I give (sorry)