CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   Radiator Cooling fan not working (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/71860-radiator-cooling-fan-not-working.html)

Kmargaitis 06-28-2015 08:28 PM

Radiator Cooling fan not working

Help pls I have replaced the radiator cooling fan and the control module and checked the fuse. And it is still not working. I have no idea y it is not working. What happen first the fan went bad the bearings gave out. so i replaced it and nothing. then the control module and nothing found the 50 amp fuse and its fine. i dont knowif there is anything else to check. PLS help

ala_xfire 06-29-2015 08:00 AM

Re: Radiator Cooling fan not working

Have you connected the new fan directly to 12v and ground to see if it works ?
( 12v to pin 2, black/dk green and ground to pin 1 brown/black )
If it runs OK, have you gone through all the "fan don't run" steps in 7.2 of the service manual ?

pizzaguy 06-29-2015 10:04 AM

First step - what amber alarm lights are on with the motor running?

If the Fan module is bad, you should have a little radiator-looking icon turned on in the left hand area of the instrument panel.
If the fan simply won't run and you don't have this icon turned on, I'd suspect the PTCM is crazy. ANY issue with the FCM or a blown fuse feeding the FCM should light this indicator. If the PTCM is not turning the indicator on, I'd suspect the PTCM.

Kmargaitis 06-29-2015 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 840643)
Have you connected the new fan directly to 12v and ground to see if it works ?
( 12v to pin 2, black/dk green and ground to pin 1 brown/black )
If it runs OK, have you gone through all the "fan don't run" steps in 7.2 of the service manual ?

I do not have a copy of the service manual could you tell me where to find one pls

Kmargaitis 06-29-2015 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 840652)
First step - what amber alarm lights are on with the motor running?

If the Fan module is bad, you should have a little radiator-looking icon turned on in the left hand area of the instrument panel.
If the fan simply won't run and you don't have this icon turned on, I'd suspect the PTCM is crazy. ANY issue with the FCM or a blown fuse feeding the FCM should light this indicator. If the PTCM is not turning the indicator on, I'd suspect the PTCM.

What is the PTMC?

ala_xfire 06-29-2015 11:28 AM

Power Train Control Module.
It's in the box by the battery along with the RCM and BCM ( Relay Control Module & Body Control Module )
It is the board in the center.

battery -> BCM -> PTCM -> RCM

disconnect the battery ground lead, then disconnect and reconnect all the PTCM connectors, reconnect battery and see if this helps.