CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   High Idle (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/75523-high-idle.html)

RKC00 11-25-2016 08:16 PM

High Idle

RE: 2005 Limited, Manual, 51k Miles

I recently purchased this as my long time retirement toy. Completed the 74mm Throttle Body Upgrade. Completed memory reset. Idles as it should until it reaches normal operating temp. Then the idle bounces between 1200-1800rpm for about a minute then it settles down to around 750rpm. Does this every time I come to a stop. Suggestions to remedy? My previous toys were 350z's. I appreciate your knowledge and guidance.

onehundred80 11-25-2016 08:33 PM

Re: High Idle

Originally Posted by RKC00 (Post 877890)
RE: 2005 Limited, Manual, 51k Miles

I recently purchased this as my long time retirement toy. Completed the 74mm Throttle Body Upgrade. Completed memory reset. Idles as it should until it reaches normal operating temp. Then the idle bounces between 1200-1800rpm for about a minute then it settles down to around 750rpm. Does this every time I come to a stop. Suggestions to remedy? My previous toys were 350z's. I appreciate your knowledge and guidance.

Did you install a new seal in the throttle body when you installed it?
If you installed the MAF as well did you install the old MAF sensor from the old MAF unit? You must do this.
Have you pushed the engine cover firmly in place?
Did you reinstall the vacuum lines properly to the throttle body?
Some hints here. CLICK

RKC00 11-25-2016 08:44 PM

I bought a Complete TB and housing, the seal was fine.
I used the OEM MAF original to the car.
No known loseness to the cover but I will check again.
Vaccum lines reinstalled as original.

The curious part is the fluctuating RPM but it will return to proper idle in about 60 seconds but the problem repeats as soon as the pedal is pressed.

Thank you for the suggestions. I check out the CLICK section you provided.

onehundred80 11-25-2016 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by RKC00 (Post 877894)
I bought a Complete TB and housing, the seal was fine.
I used the OEM MAF original to the car.
No known loseness to the cover but I will check again.
Vaccum lines reinstalled as original.

The curious part is the fluctuating RPM but it will return to proper idle in about 60 seconds but the problem repeats as soon as the pedal is pressed.

Thank you for the suggestions. I check out the CLICK section you provided.

I am talking about the O-Ring seal, it is only used once as it gets flattened in use and may not seal properly again.

RKC00 11-25-2016 10:04 PM

I just ordered a new "O" ring. The original looked fine but only a few $$$ to see if this is the issue. I'm still curious why it eventually returns to correct idle. Thank you for your suggestions and insight.

onehundred80 11-25-2016 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by RKC00 (Post 877901)
I just ordered a new "O" ring. The original looked fine but only a few $$$ to see if this is the issue. I'm still curious why it eventually returns to correct idle. Thank you for your suggestions and insight.

I think that the car is capable of monitoring itself and make small adjustments as required.

Mrmiata 11-25-2016 11:32 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-problems.html

Hawkske 11-25-2016 11:37 PM

Check the air intake seal on the bottom of the MAF. If it is not in correctly you will have a vacuum leak.

pizzaguy 11-27-2016 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by RKC00 (Post 877901)
I'm still curious why it eventually returns to correct idle.

See post 6. SOMETHING is amiss here, and the ECM is finding a way to compensate for it.

These days, you must essentially assume the system is "thinking" and when the ECM detects that something is wrong, it tries one or more things to compensate for what is perceives as improper operation.

waldig 11-28-2016 08:21 PM

Spray carb cleaner around the base looking for a change indicating a leak site. Use a piece of rad heater hose to listen to area around TB listening for a leak, like a stethoscope. Enjoy, Woody.

WindRestrictor 12-03-2016 04:25 AM

Welcome to the forum!