CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   2015 SRT 6 rough start (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/77719-2015-srt-6-rough-start.html)

ed1clark 01-23-2018 02:47 PM

2015 SRT 6 rough start

My srt cranks up just fine first thing in the AM but when I fire it up after the work day it stuggles to start. It cranks fine but doesn't start right up. Like it is choking or something. It finally starts but not without a struggle. Any ideas what causes this? Could it be a fuel issue or timing issue. Otherwise the car runs just fine. Help!

Steve Jr 01-23-2018 08:13 PM

Re: 2015 SRT 6 rough start

Chocking, sounds like a fuel problem. When was the fuel filter changed? Are you trying to push the gas pedal down when it does this ? I'm guessing it's a 2005, not 2015...lol

ed1clark 01-24-2018 03:20 PM

Yes 2005 SRT convertible with 22,200 miles no typo here. I have an appointment tomorrow with the Chrysler dealer to replace the gas filter & plugs (the originals), plus oil change & clean injectors. That will cost me a G note easy. These cars are expensive to maintain but they sure are fun. Thanks for the tip.

Steve Jr 01-24-2018 08:00 PM

Don't go to the Chrysler stealership. Find an independent garage that works on imports or Mercedes. That will save you half of that Gnote..;)

NeedsWings 01-25-2018 09:17 AM

check codes, sounds like a camshaft position sensor (not crankshaft position sensor)

Steve Jr 01-25-2018 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings (Post 900588)
check codes, sounds like a camshaft position sensor (not crankshaft position sensor)

That would save you $950 of that Gnote. Take this advice. Have to codes checked first. Any auto parts store will do this for free, usually.

ed1clark 01-25-2018 10:31 AM

To Steve Jr. I tried going to a local mechanic that advertises MB, BMW, Audi etc. repair for a low tire pressure warning light. He couldn't figure it out and told me that my Crossfire is a "crossbred" vehicle that he didn't want to work on and said that I needed to go to a Chrysler dealer who fixed the problem as it was a sensor. My car is in the shop today for maintenence that it probably hasn't got since it was manufactured. I bought the vehicle less than a year ago so I want to create a base line for service. It is expensive but I love the vehicle. It is like new.

Steve Jr 01-25-2018 11:02 AM

Glad to hear it's getting proper maintenance. Ask the dealer what codes are shown and/ or stored. This will help the forum understand systems and causes. Report back and let us know, how it goes... ;)

ed1clark 01-25-2018 03:21 PM

To Steve Jr. - No stored/pending/active codes in the system using the DRB Diagnostics tool. All systems are operating as designed

Steve Jr 01-25-2018 08:48 PM

Wow...you are very very lucky man, if you have found a dealer that has a DRBlll diagnostic tool. Probably the only one in 1000 miles. That's one of the reasons we say stay away from them. Most get you in, then guess an throw parts at it till it runs. That's very darn expensive. Make sure they have the Crossfire card that goes with it. If this works out good for you then maybe others may use (can't believe I'm saying it) this dealer... :rolleyes:

ed1clark 01-26-2018 01:00 PM

The Chrysler dealer is 5 minutes away from my office. The name is Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram located at 750 Town Center Blvd., Sanford, FL 32771 (407) 878-7710. They happen to servive a lot of Crossfires, well relatively speaking, and they understand the vehicle. There was another 2005 SRT 6 hardtop waiting to get service when I was there. They sure aren't cheap but I want the work done right and guaranteed. They even gave me a loaner car. Hope to pick up my SRT today.

ed1clark 01-29-2018 01:39 PM

Yes they have the DRB tool and actually have experienced Crossfire mechanics. That said after I picked up my car and was a couple of blocks from home the coolant warning light came on. I had just had the coolant replaced. I took the car in today and they fixed the problem which they said was air in the system that had to be released and some coolant added to make up for the air displacment. Once fixed I drove to my office nearby but before I could get there I received a "service" prompt in the trip odometer that said HI with an oil can next to it. I turned around and took the car back to the dealer and told him that I believed they had overfilled the oil. Sure enough that was it and they fixed that too. I aleays say that it takes 3 times to get things right and it appears that is the case here. Hopefully I won't have to go back to the dealer for a long time.

Steve Jr 01-29-2018 02:12 PM

Glad your back on the road.. now, look up "throttle reset" here in the forum an hopefully this straightens you out....Spring is on the way...:cool:

Kelley Ann 05-03-2018 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by ed1clark (Post 900661)
The Chrysler dealer is 5 minutes away from my office. The name is Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram located at 750 Town Center Blvd., Sanford, FL 32771 (407) 878-7710. They happen to servive a lot of Crossfires, well relatively speaking, and they understand the vehicle. There was another 2005 SRT 6 hardtop waiting to get service when I was there. They sure aren't cheap but I want the work done right and guaranteed. They even gave me a loaner car. Hope to pick up my SRT today.

Thanks so very much for posting where I can get my car fixed!!!💋

amx1397 05-03-2018 09:16 AM

under repair shops in all crossfires shows shops and people in the orlando area that will help with your car. if none of them could fix it ,,call Matt in Miami he would come up to Orlando and fix your car, or you could get (ship,or drive it to him) jim

note: before starting turn the key on but do not start ,,wait 5 to 10 seconds then start the car ,if it starts right away then your fuel filter is partly clogged.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...air-shops.html

Kelley Ann 05-03-2018 09:26 AM

Thanks so very much.. I have been just sick after trying everything and everyone with no hope until YOU! CAN'T thank you enough

Kelley Ann 05-03-2018 09:37 AM

Please call me when you can 229-548-0606 ... thanks

Kelley Ann 05-14-2018 11:59 AM

Thank you Miamimatt(Matt Freeman)..YOU FIXED MY CROSSFIRE!! No one could,had it hauled EVERYWHERE CHRYSLER told me and no one had the knowledge or equipment. You saved my car and I truly appreciate all you done for me!! You will be the only source I will go to. A shout out to Mr.Jimmy Barnes for all his help and sending me to you. Such experience, knowledge,talent you have Matt and I am forever grateful for you!!!
THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!

onehundred80 05-14-2018 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kelley Ann (Post 905663)
Thank you Miamimatt(Matt Freeman)..YOU FIXED MY CROSSFIRE!! No one could,had it hauled EVERYWHERE CHRYSLER told me and no one had the knowledge or equipment. You saved my car and I truly appreciate all you done for me!! You will be the only source I will go to. A shout out to Mr.Jimmy Barnes for all his help and sending me to you. Such experience, knowledge,talent you have Matt and I am forever grateful for you!!!
THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!

I guess we will never know what was wrong with your car let alone know what the fix was as you never did say.
Unless it was some obscure problem you will find all the answers on this forum, people even charge for fixing problems the answers to which they found here.

Kelley Ann 05-14-2018 01:41 PM

Not to sound too rude...the post was a thank you. If people charge for service, that's just 1 reason I did not post "the fix"...