Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Clutch Pedal bounces

Old 04-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Clutch Pedal bounces

When starting off on a hill the clutch pedal feels like it is bounces under My foot . If I just push the clutcn pedal down when the car is not moving and release the pedal I don't feel it bounce . I don't belive the throw out bearing or clutch is the problem . It olny seems to happen in first or second gear ? Wondering if there is a motor mount that is bad causing engine to twist ?
Thanks for Your thoughts Tom P.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Clutch Pedal bounces

Originally Posted by tpellegr
When starting off on a hill the clutch pedal feels like it is bounces under My foot . If I just push the clutcn pedal down when the car is not moving and release the pedal I don't feel it bounce . I don't belive the throw out bearing or clutch is the problem . It olny seems to happen in first or second gear ? Wondering if there is a motor mount that is bad causing engine to twist ?
Thanks for Your thoughts Tom P.
starting on a hillside only?
how steep of a hill?
smooth on flat ground from a stop?
just the pedal bounces and not the car?
car smooth?

Old 04-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Clutch Pedal bounces

Starting on hill is when I feel it . AS long as You let the clutch up slowly !! Only feel the bounce in the clutch pedal not in the car . Don't feel the bounce on flat ground . Like I said in the first write up only feel the bounce when the engine is under a load like starting on a hill . Thats why I was wondering if a bad rear engine mount could be letting the engine twist ? But then this has a hydrolic clutch not a mechnical or linkage connected clutch .
I had two mechanic's at a Chrysley dealer test it yesterday and they could not feel the bounce . Told Me nothing is wrond with it . I will say after they tested it the bounce seemed not as noticable to Me when I drove it today . I was wondering if they road the clutch with the brake on and smothed out what ever was on the flywheel or clutch disc ?