CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Europe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/europe/)
-   -   UK Members (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/europe/13419-uk-members.html)

daveB 12-20-2006 09:04 AM

UK Members

This forum seems quite quiet, especially compared to the last forum I used to visit (previous car). I was wondering how many regular UK visitors there was. Pop your name in the thread just so we can see who comes here.

Cheers!

SteveB1 12-20-2006 09:41 AM

Re: UK Members

Hi I am a UK member been on here for a couple of months now, found so much content and people are so helpful...keep it up guys and gals. :rolleyes:

pongo-pilot 12-20-2006 12:00 PM

UK Member

Hello! I joined the forum about a month ago. I usually pop in about every other day. :cool:

woody 12-20-2006 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by daveB
This forum seems quite quiet, especially compared to the last forum I used to visit (previous car). I was wondering how many regular UK visitors there was. Pop your name in the thread just so we can see who comes here.

Cheers!

Hi Dave,

I check this section regularly but always expect to see a piece of tumbleweed blow through. There never seems to be much activity. Most of the UK members, including myself, just hang out in the main sections. It's a pity because a lot of what is discussed, whilst fun and interesting is often not that relevant to us in the UK.
I'd still like to see some Uk owners get together for a trackday or cross country run. I'm looking to get a whole gathering of owners together next year at Bruntinghorpe for a charity event to be photographed in front of the restored Vulcan bomber and give passenger rides around the track. I'll post up the details when they are finalized.

daveB 12-21-2006 06:46 AM

Thanks to all for replying, so there is life in here after all. Sounds interesting Woody.

woody 12-22-2006 12:43 PM

Thanks to all for replying, so there is life in here after all. Sounds interesting Woody.

The details are a bit sketchy at the moment but the Lotus guys did something similar...

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/imag...ne05/photo.JPG

I just hope there are enough of us, otherwise we will have to do it in front of a Cessna!

edealuk 12-26-2006 07:53 PM

Count me in...

andyL 12-30-2006 03:28 PM

Me too, but bugger the Vulcan - spent too many hours looking at them whilst in the RAF!

Ady 12-30-2006 05:29 PM

First post on here. Been guilty of lurking for some time though! Defo up for taking part in the Vulcan thing if it happens.

pongo-pilot 12-31-2006 10:02 AM

Very interested in the Vulcan line up call! Please keep us posted!

PP

SteveB1 01-02-2007 05:06 PM

Yep count me in...wow Crossfire and planes...I work for Flight International Magazine.

edealuk 01-02-2007 07:59 PM

Crossfire and planes, been flying for years, owned an aeroplane or two, claim to fame: four place in the schneider trophy a couple of years back, do we see a Crossfire/Aviation pattern emerging here...

woody 01-03-2007 08:21 AM

It would appear there are quite a few of us lurking about here in the Euro section after all. :D

I think I need to start some sort of list then. I will check up and see if anything has been organized yet. I'll keep you all informed.

Even if the Vulcan event doesn't happen I still worth trip to take your Crossfire round the track, or even just take a passenger ride. It would be great to get a few more Crossfires out on there. And for those that are interested you can have a wander around the Cold War Jets Collection while you are there. If anyone is interested I will get something sorted out

pongo-pilot 01-03-2007 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by SteveB1
Yep count me in...wow Crossfire and planes...I work for Flight International Magazine.

Originally Posted by edealuk
Crossfire and planes, been flying for years, owned an aeroplane or two, claim to fame: four place in the schneider trophy a couple of years back, do we see a Crossfire/Aviation pattern emerging here...

Edealuk, I think you might be right about a pattern emerging . . . I'm a flying instructor for the army!!! :D

woody 01-03-2007 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by pongo-pilot
Edealuk, I think you might be right about a pattern emerging . . . I'm a flying instructor for the army!!! :D

Looks like I am going to have to take up flying then. :D

daveB 01-03-2007 05:46 PM

Hmmm, well I used to love flying when I was a child, but scared stiff of it now and point blank refuse to do it any more *note to myself, I must get over this phobia*.
It looks like its starting to get busier in here, which is good.

woody 01-03-2007 06:20 PM

Hmmm, well I used to love flying when I was a child, but scared stiff of it now and point blank refuse to do it any more *note to myself, I must get over this phobia*.
It looks like its starting to get busier in here, which is good.

I quite enjoy the flying, its all the palarva getting to and from the airport and all the waiting around that gets me. I've got to be up at 2 am tomorrow to drive to Stansted for a flight to Lyon that gets me there at 9.15 before a 2 hour drive to Chateldon. If I just got my foot down in the Crossfire and took the ferry or chunnel I would be there at around the same time!

Like you say, its good to see it getting busier around here, obviously the aviation thing has struck a chord.

pongo-pilot 01-03-2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by woody
I quite enjoy the flying, its all the palarva getting to and from the airport and all the waiting around that gets me.

Woody,

I couldn't agree more, mate. Having seen it from the other side (as others here will agree, I'm sure) it's just SO much of a pain in the backside (and they don't half come up with some fibs on the airlines!!!) I mean, I can understand the security and everything but like you say - it's almost as quick to drive yourself.

The only thing that stops me is the state of the roads in the UK these days. I'm not talking about the road SURFACE of course - more that they are just SOOO overcrowded.

Given the option, I'll usually fly for the long journeys but if its for fun . . . then the Crossfire gets a good hammering!

Regards,

PP

john.hughes 01-05-2007 09:53 AM

Hi there,

Relatively new UK member, just been surfing the site for info. Just bought a set of the Crossfire decal replacements, but they have not arrived yet. I traveled the roads of France during Xmas / New year in my Crossfire and burnt those euro boys, the speed limiter works ! 2500 miles of motoring pleasure, turning heads in every town, I still get a kick from that.
Any one know of a Lambo conversion in the UK ? An LSD set looks to cost <£900.
In view of the fact that you cant get a tyre repaired by vulcanizing after you've used the spray foam kit, so therefore end the tyres life, I've been looking at 'Slime' which seems to be washable and therefore allows vulcanizing. Anyone know more ? I cant find tyre plugs for sale in the UK as they are illegal, but you can get them in Europe, anyone know a mail order supplier ?

Go your own way !

bollox 01-05-2007 12:48 PM

Count me in... Love the vulcan ... was lucky enough to see it fly at farnbourough this year while exhibiting... awesome, glad they got one flying again!

http://www.allbollox.co.uk/publish/vulcan.jpg